Crimson Force Barrier

Ken

I've heard this excellent shield is now a mission reward for either the level 100 or 135 hull upgrade mission (or a subsequent mission). Unfortunately my Privateer paid for upgrades, and my PW paid for the level 100 upgrade but is currently working on the level 135 mission (temporarily stuck at Modi's Fist where the mission hasn't updated). Would someone who has received the shield as a reward please tell which mission it was from? Also, any other useful information would be appreciated, such as is the mission available if previous hull upgrades were paid for. Thanks

Your level 135 hull upgrade hasn't updated because you need to do something.

-----

CFB:

Correct.

The rewards on the missions is for people who do the missions in their entirity.

With the CFB now having support for Privateers too, you will have missed out obtaining it this way. However, as it can be made by players who were successful in analyzing theirs, you should be able to obtain one on the market.

Also, these missions (level 50 + ) are subject to change as they were not in live and have been entirely implemented by myself. Because in live you simply paid (above level 50) for your hull, I have to support you also paying for your hull. Missions have been added by myself to the Progen HU and bonus to fill a void for people who like doing missions.

CFB currently requires you to do a mission and sub-missions to its' entirety; not 'chicken out' half way along when the NPC asks "have you had enough". Payment is the Terran way out, it isn't the Progen way!

Your level 135 hull upgrade hasn't updated because you need to do something.

-----

CFB:

Correct.

The rewards on the missions is for people who do the missions in their entirity.

With the CFB now having support for Privateers too, you will have missed out obtaining it this way. However, as it can be made by players who were successful in analyzing theirs, you should be able to obtain one on the market.

Also, these missions (level 50 + ) are subject to change as they were not in live and have been entirely implemented by myself. Because in live you simply paid (above level 50) for your hull, I have to support you also paying for your hull. Missions have been added by myself to the Progen HU and bonus to fill a void for people who like doing missions.

CFB currently requires you to do a mission and sub-missions to its' entirety; not 'chicken out' half way along when the NPC asks "have you had enough". Payment is the Terran way out, it isn't the Progen way!

since my progens havent gotten that high yet, my question is, is the mission CFB 100 or 200%?

The CFB is available from the "Bonus Mission" given out after you have completed the lvl 100 HU mission. If you pay for the HU you are not able to acquire the bonus mission. A 100% CFB is the reward for the successful completion of the mission. That is significantly less time consuming than it was before (no more having to go back to Arx Spartoi after each step).

However, you will not be able to complete the bonus mission until you have sufficeint shelds and weaponry to handle the increasing difficulty of the mobs. I would reccomend lvl 8 shields and lvl 8 weapons and friends otherwise you will need to have lvl 9 equipment.

If you pay for a HU it will preclude you from acquiring any subsequent missions attached to the mission line. It will not prevent you from acquiring future HU missions. If you choose to pay for the lvl 50, you can still acquire the lvl 100 as an example.

Only one that is truely miserable is the lvl 30. After that you have an idea of what to expect from progen missions and they are noticbaly less painful.

Unfortunately for some of us Progen who's hull upgrade missions were bugged we had no choice but to take the Terrain way out, a little piece of me died that day I pushed yes for paying 300k for my L100 hull ;)

from what soldier told me was that the cfb is no longer a absolute reward and that it is a chance reward.my reward was a lvl 7 ml.because there was people in game who could make it.also that the cfb was gonna be a drop item in a new sector.

CFB still currently drops from the mission line, assuming it is fully completed.

CFB is added to a new mob on an ultra rare drop chance

Once mondara are in the game, the need for CFB to be in a mission is reduced; and all Progen Hull Upgrade missions are likely to be changed. Other items may be more... apt. Soldier was listening to the musings of a mad Byakhee at the time...

-----

A 100% mob dropped is preferable for any Sentinel or Privateer as it gives them the chance to analyze it then build their own.

200% only allows you to dismantle it if you already have it printed. And as it gets damaged, being able to dismantle it and rebuild it gives a Sentinel or Privateer the edge.

The components that make it up also have to be player made too.

Hairbear is yankin your Progen chain. Not all Progens are dumb Hairbear. I use my 78% CFB, and it's far superior for combat than that ridiculous 100% one!

It was shortly after you spent 70mil making that 200% CFB for me that I realised what I really needed was a low Q one!! I didn't dare ask you for one though!!!! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,can anyone tell me who gives the bonus mission?

I've completed all the HU missions from 10,30,50,75 and 100 but i don't know who gives the bonus mission.

However i did get a so called bonus mission off Brook in the PP starting area,got a couple of items from it but i noticed it was 3 parts but said something about being 5 parts in the discription.

Can anyone give me an idea who i see or requirements other than the HU missions :D

thanx

Kahk :D

if you pay for ANY hull upgrades, it locks you out of all the missions with rewards.

Nuh uh, not quite true.

With every HU there is a specific side mission connected to it.

As you read through the dialog you get warned every time that if you pay for the HU (the Terran way) you loose the possibilty for the side mission that belongs to THAT specific HU. Be it 75-100-135.

i.e. You pay for the 100 HU, no side mission for you. You play the 135 HU, go fetch the side mission and get cool rewards like a CFB.

And I know, because I did some HU's that way.