Unable To Even Install The Enb Client Demo

Hello all,

I have Win 7 64 bit. I have been trying now to install the enb demo client.exe. No luck what so ever. I have it set to Run as Administrator and in Service Pack 3 as well. This is the error I get every time.

"Preparing to retrieve free product key window"

Get a Fileplanet Window saying Application Not Found.

Then a "could not execute the external program
"http://fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx

That is where I stand.

Hopefully there is some help out there. Thank you.

Stirid

Are you downloading the files (and following instructions) from the wwww.Net-7.org site ? (log into this site using same details as you use here) I run win 7 64 ultimate and have no problems . And welcome back :)

On Net-7.org go to Main>FAQ>Game play and issues>How do i get in the game

Good and bad news.

I got the patcher to install. I have now (after many hours of patching) caught up and I am up to date. Version 361.

I am now running into the same issue as before. When I first hit Play after the patches, I received the Certificate window. I hit Okay.

Here's the dilemma. As soon as I hit OK, it proceeded to try and install the demo.exe agian. My link in the patcher is to client.exe which to run off of. Apparently it is still only recognizing this is a demo client and nothing more. Where did I go wrong? I can't get past the same error I started with.

Thank you.

Stirid.

[quote name='Stirid' timestamp='1345777783' post='62288']Here's the dilemma. As soon as I hit OK, it proceeded to try and install the demo.exe agian.[/quote]launcher running demo.exe ? afaik launcher does not know anything about demo.exe

[quote name='Stirid' timestamp='1345777783' post='62288']
Good and bad news.

I got the patcher to install. I have now (after many hours of patching) caught up and I am up to date. Version 361.

I am now running into the same issue as before. When I first hit Play after the patches, I received the Certificate window. I hit Okay.

Here's the dilemma. As soon as I hit OK, it proceeded to try and install the demo.exe agian. My link in the patcher is to client.exe which to run off of. Apparently it is still only recognizing this is a demo client and nothing more. Where did I go wrong? I can't get past the same error I started with.

Thank you.

Stirid.
[/quote]

Hi

The client path in the launcher should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe"

Riia

To backup the installation issue the OP had, I recently installed the game client and launcher on a new machine. When the demo (downloaded from the emu files) starts to install it pops open a webpage to FilePlanet to obtain a certificate or code to proceed with unpackaging/unzipping/installation process. Of course the process can't find the webpage and causes the installation process to hang/abort. I got around this by simply closing the browser.

Maybe someone could repackage the demo after removing the FilePlanet links?

• 6 months later...

when the internet page opens just close it.   that should not stop the install.  If you have the entire client downloaded.  Just remember to make sure you run it as Admin.  Just rebuild my 64bit win 7 laptop.  Let a friend talk me into trying win 8.  I still say it's junk.  10 min and I was reformatting and putting the win7 back.  mine went in smooth.  Just make sure when you do the net7 install and it's time to update the client.  Make sure to manually move up to the "release" file and select "client.exe"  not the default e&b the system picks.  That's the old EA connection.  you need the "client.exe" file picked when running the update.

[quote name="Stirid" post="62188" timestamp="1345686016"]Hello all, I have Win 7 64 bit. I have been trying now to install the enb demo client.exe. No luck what so ever. I have it set to Run as Administrator and in Service Pack 3 as well. This is the error I get every time. "Preparing to retrieve free product key window" Get a Fileplanet Window saying Application Not Found. Then a "could not execute the external program "http://fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx That is where I stand. Hopefully there is some help out there. Thank you. Stirid[/quote] I had this error because Internet explorer was not set as default web browser. I simply changed to IE as default browser, did the install and then changed it back. Hope that helps! M.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

ok I've finally gotten it to install after 5hours ... and 8 different d/l's to get an uncorrupted download.

I've downloaded and installed the N7 installer and patched it from the forum that has taken it to 2.0.0 but it is having this error

any help would be appreciated

Edited by seaqiro

• 3 months later...

I had this error because Internet explorer was not set as default web browser. I simply changed to IE as default browser, did the install and then changed it back. Hope that helps! M.

This really should be added to the install info as a note.  I spent a while getting frustrated and searching for an answer.  This thread was my last hope before giving up completely.  Thanks.