Agrippa Technology Tips And Observations

You'd need a Terran to kite them LOL

Yes, that sort of highlights what I'm saying don't it? It is suppost to be A....singular....1... PP testing a L8 PL, A, singular, 1 PP can't do it solo, not even if they get someone to make them chem/basilisk they are stuck if they don't go to 150 and get L9 skill of gear. The chem ammo for the L8 PL don't come in until after this stage, so they can't be truly having it without "cheating". And by going to all L9 gear/PL is also "cheating", and as the talk tree is also sending the PP alone to test it, grouping is also "cheating"

I finally did it with all L9 gear/ L150/L9 PL and a L150 JE along for buffs...It was hard and took 2 days to do it, since the 53 are clumped in with the 51s and you don't just kill 1 blight. you got to kill 1 blight, then 3 blight, then 5 blight, then 7 blight and then 9 blight. If you get DCed on any of those steps you back to 0 in that stage (I did, 2 times  :/) so the 25 I would have had to kill turned into like 35, that's why 2 days since the kill rate was real slow, and it took 2 1/2 full cargo holds of ammo to do it, (had to go to OMP to refill like 3 times..add that travel time back and forth).

I'm not saying it should be easy, but astengu are all buffed up now 51 are way out of line for this, the L45 or 47 are more inline, especially since the previous steps are L42 RD and only 5 of them. 45/47 tengu with all their tricks is appropriate, especially if you have to drop 25 of them.

edit: that and the PW(that kill much more efficiently) that are testing the L8 gear (shields/reactors) are killing L50 mobs in niff and L50 tengu..the L50 fish are the high end mob were they are, and much less nasty than the L51 (the L50 fish only neighbors are lower lvl) and the L50 in niff are solo mobs (although they are a slow spawn rate) you don' have to kill their neighbors, but if you want, they are much lower level and fairly easy.

My whole point is, "in game items" have now began to negatively impact content written in ST4, what was appropriate for ST4 is not now, and perhaps a retuning of what is now currently appropriate be applied. Go try and solo kill a L51(mixed in with L53) fish with L8 gear/guns and impact ammo and tell me if I am off in my assessment, oh and add the fact that you have to do that at a minimum of 25 times to your own calculations.

Edited by Mattsacre

Can someone list the names of the prints you learn to build? 7 pages of complaints and the dev who made it saying "I'm happy with what I made!" make me want to look in the item DB and decide if this is even remotely worth my time. It sounds like it really isn't unless you like masochistic quests. But if my perception is wrong, awesome. I just need the names, I tried searching for Agrippa and found nothing. :/

They don't list the prints for a reason, several of the missions that you learn the recipe from are like this:

Go get some L6 parts from ce3k,focus,evolver,nebula,black box and k3 and bring them back. Now go put them in your hold and go to VT nav that's radiated. (some of the parts will dmg or destroy). Return to npc and the 3 of the  part types that are undamaged he says will be what we need for the recipe. If they list all the recipes that you get, you could look up what the item is, see what's in it and not buy 14 different L6 parts to lose all but 3 of (and have wasted all those credits and time gathering them). You wouldn't get to "experience" the "joy" of Agrippa "research" if you know what's coming.

They want you deliberately ignorant of:

A. all the resources you need in advance so you can preplan.

B. just what the eventual rewards are, you are suppost to "discover" them

C. what credit/time sinks are built into it (to keep you from short cutting via market or alts)

So I would imagine if someone listed all the recipes for you, that  thread post would be deleted. The only thing I can suggest to help a tad if you are masochist enough to start it, is that when you go to something that they require you to build for a recipe, that sometimes you can look it up on the DB to get a clue what you are going to need...so if you are making a L5 shield for instance you can look on DB under L5 shields and see the one with a weird latin name and get a good idea what you are going to need etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well you don't get it.

If you knew how tokens actually worked and you could trade them in 3 silver for 1 gold.

And all Progen only ever get 6 silver tokens by their guide.

If you didn't do it earlier when the missions were set to test you; then you can do it later by a different route but they want the gold version of the token, which if you have not thrown away your silver tokens you can get 3 on your character; 1 given at 135 and 2 converted.  Remember, there are many other token lines that eventually will have comparable content, special unique items, mini raid unlocks for example.

There are 14 Token Missions per class, of which a player could do 6 originally, and convert traded tokens to them for extra unlocks.  This was the purpose of the Gold token to provide extra mission content, but now it also can be used to unlock content for the high level player who was not bothered in attempting this content earlier.

Level 1 + 3 are simply the bonus missions for the Token mission

Level 2 is an invite to rest of game to do some of it (along with level 1)

So level 3 will always require level 1.

It is working as intended and now the other non-agrippa token lines need bonus content that is of comparable nature to these Agrippa blueprints.

B.... starting to work my way thru these again.  I am having issues with my PS and his rep.  He has hunted almost exclusively RDs for CL, but the 1 point per kill ratio on rep is just flat sickening.  I've kept mostly balanced (for a miner) 23, 28, 23 in terms of levels, but he is rapidly approaching lvl 75 and has no where near the rep needed for stage one of shields and devices.  NO ONE will talk with him at Nor Vor. 

Larry is currently sitting at +430 Collegia rep.  He started out at -1000 rep.

His RD faction is -9187 while starting at  -7000.

I guess I am at a loss as to how to get the rep in line at such low levels fast enough to not get out paced by the level requirements?

I have done everything to date on the PP and PW (both are OL in the low 70's) that they can do without any issue (other than a major TIME sink).  But, I just can't seem to get the PS's rep under control.   Any suggestions?  I am going to shelve him for the time being, until i can figure out how to get the rep moving faster.

Muhir- you can buy progen suits.  The rate asked for in market is 10mil per stack, one stack of 60 will get you 3000 faction when you turn them in to Zieg for Collegia faction boost.

Or as a PS start mining them from hulks and there are are mobs that drop them.  If you do, as with all loot, trade with an alt before turning them in to a vendor/NPC.

And there are repeatable missions, 4 I think, from Imperator Agrippa on Arx Empros that can help @ 50 faction per mission, iirc

I am not sure what faction you need to start, but for my toon it only took 2400 faction to start Stage II, cant find what it took for Stage I.

Happy Agrippa-ing  ;)

Muhir- you can buy progen suits.  The rate asked for in market is 10mil per stack, one stack of 60 will get you 3000 faction when you turn them in to Zieg for Collegia faction boost.

Or as a PS start mining them from hulks and there are are mobs that drop them.  If you do, as with all loot, trade with an alt before turning them in to a vendor/NPC.

And there are repeatable missions, 4 I think, from Imperator Agrippa on Arx Empros that can help @ 50 faction per mission, iirc

I am not sure what faction you need to start, but for my toon it only took 2400 faction to start Stage II, cant find what it took for Stage I.

Happy Agrippa-ing  ;)

hobbs.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

seriously..... not trying to be rude, but where I can mine, there has not been a SINGLE suit.  Also, being low level, I don't have 3 million between three toons let alone 10 million I can blow on stacks of suits.

I cannot take another level on the PS for fear of hitting the magical OL 75 thus being unable to do stage I.

You suggestions may have merit if this toon was an alt generated for the inner-masochist in me, but he's not.  I have approached leveling this time around as if I were a completely n00b player without any contacts or information.  I have taken only the minimal assistance thus far.  As far as I can tell, it would be virtually impossible to get the necessary faction by simply following the story content as presented in the time requirements needed.

There is not a SINGLE NPC that mentions faction or faction faction requirements for this mission line.  Had I not been so involved in the vetting of the Agrippa missions thru the various testing stages, I would be unaware that they existed.  That in and of itself is problematic for the mission line as well.

I may be wrong, but I believe that Byakhee changed the level restrictions, you can level past 75, even get your HU for that level, and still start agrippa, there are penalties, yes, but do NOT take my word for it.  Read post # 61 in this thread, from Byakhee himself. See what he says.

This may allow you to level higher and get what you need to advance, "where there is a will, there is a way"   ;)

Edit:  wow, I just scanned thru this topic and see that YOU, Muhir, started it, lol.  I see that almost all of your opening observations are still valid now, and are good tips to follow.  They helped me in doing all three toon types thru stage III.   The outline Snotty laid out (post # 84) was a real help and kept me outta frustration this go round.

Did it before, done it now, would do it again. :P

Edited by Hobbs

Thanks Byakhee and Hobbs.  I thought it was still strictly limited to hull classifications.   That changes things a bit.

It would be nice for there to be things specifically in game to generate collegia rep........   I'll ponder it some and see what evil i can devise!

Thanks Byakhee and Hobbs.  I thought it was still strictly limited to hull classifications.   That changes things a bit.

It would be nice for there to be things specifically in game to generate collegia rep........   I'll ponder it some and see what evil i can devise!

I thought that there are repeatable missions from Arx Emporos (Altair 3) that you can do to gain Collegia rep?

There are.  I added a couple.  You have to be level 30 and 75 respectively for the two missions.

Are those merely the minimum levels to take those missions, or do you have to take them at those levels or forget about doing them?

• 2 months later...
Hi. New to Agrippa. Just started. All 3 progen toons 150. Never done anything Agrippa. All I want is a simple understanding so I know if I'm about to delete 3 toons to do all agrippa content or walk from the game for awhile.

I can't find how to get access to be able to do everything. I need stage 1 to do stage 3. I got stage 1 at Charon for pp and pw but cannot advance due to the ballistas being unobtainable (why bother then?) . I also got stage 2 via ammo fer kernzl and finished it on both toons. I cannot find stage 1 OR stage 2 for my PS. I'm really angry and annoyed at this right now. Completing Agrippa is a must for me but I didn't know about Agrippa restrictions at the time when leveling. I admit its my own fault the coons and missions say plain as day what's up and I admit it'd my own fault but restrictions are stupid!!!! So I improved my faction hull gear etc and now I'm over qualified wtf man? Since when is over qualified a punishment.

All I want to know is am I missing something or bottom lime I can't do all of Agrippa at 150 and have to reroll? Please help because I'm mad and ready to say screw it all together :/ sorry for the rant but very p.o'd

Agrippa was intended to be done as you leveled up.  Back doors were placed into to the mission lines via mission or invites from those progens that have them.  As I've done all my Agrippa at level, I am not at all informed as to what the steps are or whether or not you can even do Stage I or III via the backdoors. 

Since the PS is devices and shields, it would seem that at the very least Stage II would be available via invite.  That doesn't get you the SOOA or the Stage III encryption however, so its value is only in producing the Tactical Advantage Beta (L8).  I know a couple of JE's that have done the route via invite only to find that they were stymied from Stage III.

Yet, the obvious question then is why didn't you do Agrippa at level?  Especially with three toons to share the effort, the cost, and the frustration?  Why did you wait until 150 when the NPCs were telling you all along what level, hull up grade and whatnot you needed to have?  There is a TON of information here and lots of people in game that would have made it much less frustrating if you hadn't waited until you max'd out your toons to do it.

because i leveld them together and they were my first 3 toons. And I was a noob at the time back when agrippa was fresh and barely started and there werent backdoors etc. I as a noob thought it was like a bonus mission for the hull upgrades. gave you so so items etc nothing special and not a big deal. I didnt realize it is what I know it to be today. So i figured it didn't matter but now as a builder and completionist I'm screwed. I don't remember which post but I already admitted it's 100% my fault but at the same time its stupid to have level restrictions to force someone to do content. Even if I had did it back then I wouldnt have been able to afford it or even close. Nor had the neccessary points or a CF toon to switch back and forth etc.

yes it would of been doable but not easily. So ya its 100% my fault but at the same time it's annoying to force content on a player that can't be done whenever. And If i have to reroll 3 progens im probably going to do ammo and say eff the rest like 90% of the server who realized its too late for them also.

Agrippa has been around quite a while now , and since 'live' the hu restrictions were lifted to the point of DO NOT DO 135hu . So thats plenty of time to gather credits/skills/etc (best to wait till your 140+ and its a lot easier ) , There is always talk on chat in the game about Agripparghhhhhhhhhhhhh lvl's etc , so i realy fail to see how anyone is unaware of the restrictions . There are some 'back doors' but i am unaware of exact details , i do gather though that they are not easy .

As I do Agrippa, I have a tip for everyone. When gathering resources, get lots of extra ores and other mats needed and keep them in the vault. There will probably be a time when you will need them, and getting some of these mats is a bit of a PITA. Save some angst and just grab a lot of everything. I even made a new toon just to hold Agrippa stuff.

Agrippa has been around quite a while now , and since 'live' the hu retrictions were lifted to the point of DO NOT DO 135hu . So thats plenty of time to gather credits/skills/etc (best to wait till your 140+ and its a lot easier ) , There is always talk on chat in the game about Agripparghhhhhhhhhhhhh lvl's etc , so i realy fail to see how anyone is unaware of the restrictions . There are some 'back doors' but i am unaware of exact details , i do gather though that they are not easy .

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd not to pick an age old scab, but...!

There was a time in recent memory when "B" took an extended leave. During this leave it was said that Agrippa Hull restrictions had been and were in the process of being removed. So anyone who based their play style on this HAS to rely on the back door if they want to play with Agrippa.  

I think my PW was not too far into his development when "B" returned, so that he may still be able to play via the accepted method (read front door), I am still unsure...time will tell.

Agrippa stage 1 backdoor can't be done due to the hellfire and brimstone ballista's not being int he game. So atm the backdoor is only applicable to stage 2 and the ammo. You can't do stage 1 past 135 HU and therefore can't do stage 3. So all we can do is reroll progen toons or basically wait till roc opens and the items are mapped which at the going rate will probably be months+

Agrippa stage 1 backdoor can't be done due to the hellfire and brimstone ballista's not being int he game. So atm the backdoor is only applicable to stage 2 and the ammo. You can't do stage 1 past 135 HU and therefore can't do stage 3. So all we can do is reroll progen toons or basically wait till roc opens and the items are mapped which at the going rate will probably be months+

Those are Bogeril weapons... Der Todesengel.