Agrippa Technology Tips And Observations

Well.

Agrippa will not be amended further as it can be done as intended.  I'll be working next on other content or adjusting the NPC talk trees to try and help the build lines.  All the Agippa Missions tell you what is needed in their talk text, don't rely on the NPC telling you what to do.

Remember, no-one can do all the token missions listed anyway, it is your selection what you do at the time with your limited tokens.  (6 silver, 1 gold) = 6 silver missions, 1 gold mission or convert 6 silver into 2 gold to make 3 gold missions.

It is better and more economical to do them at an earlier hull upgrrade than your final one.

You now have entry via another route but you may need to convert existing silver tokens into gold tokens at the Nota of your class.

Remember, several Agrippa missions are linked between classes, so you may like to speak to the other Architecti just in case.

I got a question,

so how does a PP get the calatius omega print?

I have a PP with build 6 across the board and done the hull mesh thing, then started gathering therest of the mission's and turned in the shields where i got the lvl2 shield print for the device. I did not get the lvl5 shield print that uses the device though, Scuti keeps tellig me i need lvl7 build shields so i have not finished that stage yet.

Now i can do the lvl5 PL weapon quest  but the  'battalfield endurence' mission keeps telling me 1: to go to Scuti, or 2: buy a calatius omega beam to get the beam print. I did however finish the weapon stage 1 and have my card and symbol.

So when do i get the calatius omega print? 

regards

Have you checked your build list?

You just don't get it do you. You're stunting the growth of the Progen playerbase. Read all the posts here, majority is not happy with your content and the route you are choosing to take. ALL WE(well, I) WANT IS HULL RESTRICTIONS COMPLETELY REMOVED ON AGRIPPA. The only true restriction should be for Stage 3 being lvl 135+ and max build skill. It makes no sense to have a long crazy drawn out quest with restrictions throughout the leveling phases, because some of us want to do what you have encouraged us to do in this threat, we WANT TO EXPLORE. I don't want to be tied down to a single "uber" quest from level 50 on, I want to explore the game. 

Well you don't get it.

If you knew how tokens actually worked and you could trade them in 3 silver for 1 gold.

And all Progen only ever get 6 silver tokens by their guide.

If you didn't do it earlier when the missions were set to test you; then you can do it later by a different route but they want the gold version of the token, which if you have not thrown away your silver tokens you can get 3 on your character; 1 given at 135 and 2 converted.  Remember, there are many other token lines that eventually will have comparable content, special unique items, mini raid unlocks for example.

There are 14 Token Missions per class, of which a player could do 6 originally, and convert traded tokens to them for extra unlocks.  This was the purpose of the Gold token to provide extra mission content, but now it also can be used to unlock content for the high level player who was not bothered in attempting this content earlier.

Level 1 + 3 are simply the bonus missions for the Token mission

Level 2 is an invite to rest of game to do some of it (along with level 1)

So level 3 will always require level 1.

It is working as intended and now the other non-agrippa token lines need bonus content that is of comparable nature to these Agrippa blueprints.

Have you checked your build list?

I found what was going wrong,

I accepted stage 1 shields at level 80 or so and started the rest also. But Scuti's mission only progresses at a certain point after you get the lvl100 hull upgrade. The rest of the time Scuti just tells you that you need shield build level 7 and  Telum just keeps telling me to go to Scuti, not knowing that i am already doing that and that i already have the device and the shield print.

I got my HU100 and after i completed Scuti's complete stage 1, i got the stage 2 invite card,  there apeared a 'Hidden' mission at Telum that give's me the beam print. Took some trial and error but i got there. Sometimes you need the device in your hold to get the right talk tree.

regards

My 3 credits worth:

Terminal, Mimir and others:

Just do what I did, park the progen.

Given this long thread and others, especially the last few Cdev posts, you should have gotten a clue as to what wavelength Dev(s) coming from.

Don't want to paint all CDevs with a wide brush, but players can see if they look

It boils down to WAI, your comments not needed, move along, not going to change.

So do! Throw up your hands, figure they mean what they say, it's not going to change, and move along....

Perhaps do as I have, go enjoy Jen content, level a JE..they will be useful leveling all your other alts at some point, especially if you have endriago WH...

Lvl a JS, they will be good to have around with thier reactor buffs and shield charging, to buff your always energy hungry progens and terrans.

Lvl a JD, they will be great to pull mobs for 1 to 1 "love" and psi shield etc.

Perhaps consider leveling a TT, who doesn't want both hull patch and shield charger in one package? TT's will always be wanted in a group, (not to mention they can be learning comp building and gear recipes you will need for other alts)

A TE is great..rally is always welcome to a group and fighting at range has a appeal all its own.

A TS going faster and skipping rifts? Who doesn't have a need for speed? :) that and hull patch and roid poppn? why not?

The point is, since they don't want to listen to your ideas, refuse to consider comments of WAI isn't in itself, enough explaination or justification to leave it as is. That all protestations aside, if you consider Agrippa intrigal to the development of your progen and access to recipes, as it is, you will probably be either frustrated, confounded or disappointed. If you can't pass on it, piss on it or stand it as it is obviously going to be....HIBERNATE!

You do know it's already having a effect on player class population right? There are far more L135+ other classes than progen.

When peeps get ready to do raids and start to assemble a group and they can't get a PW to tank, since there aren't any leveled up high enough and on line at the time there is going to be a noted absence.

When other progens and terrans (won't be AS bad for terrans since jenny can build them for them) start shopping around for progen gear like high end reactors and devices, there is going to be a noted absence of builders and hampering of thier play thereby.

True TS and JE might be able to supply all the servers needs for ores, but it would be better if there was a glut of ores when builders need to tap a source. The ore will be 1/3 less without PS's crunching ore.

Missle users are really going to miss a PW/PS along for gravlink, that debuff it offers makes for a large DPS output from terrans not to mention easier to outrun/range mobs.

When you stunt or stumble 1/3 of the population base, it affects ALL the population base, if thats what the HDev/CDevs want, *shrug* who are we to argue, go with it.

When I want to go through a door, I don't use my head , I have found it only gives me a headache to pound the door with my head, so unless they wish to open the door for you, or a hand to turn the knob, stop hitting your head!

Remember, Ghandi won a nation, African Americans and so many others throughout history have effected change with no more weapons other than the simple action of picking a spot, and refusing to move, offering no physical resistance.

HIBERNATE your progen and go actually ENJOY the game for a change!

Edited by Mattsacre
  • Upvote 1

I found what was going wrong,

I accepted stage 1 shields at level 80 or so and started the rest also. But Scuti's mission only progresses at a certain point after you get the lvl100 hull upgrade. The rest of the time Scuti just tells you that you need shield build level 7 and  Telum just keeps telling me to go to Scuti, not knowing that i am already doing that and that i already have the device and the shield print.

I got my HU100 and after i completed Scuti's complete stage 1, i got the stage 2 invite card,  there apeared a 'Hidden' mission at Telum that give's me the beam print. Took some trial and error but i got there. Sometimes you need the device in your hold to get the right talk tree.

regards

Yes.

That mission slipped past error checking, it got fixed in the hull patch that was just released to remove the requirement of "overall 100".

Not a problem in the next patch.

Also researching audio files so stuff like "Amplector Shield Omega Blueprint Recieved" is in audio so you know when you may have received a blueprint, and that gives you a head-up.

Not in this content- some tender care will be given to the Architecti for default talk tree and the Agrippa Missions to rework some of the clunky text.  But thats future and as missions can be done and completed.

As a VERY vocal anti-Agrippa mission player (for various reasons) I am going to retract some if not all of my reservations.  If I understand that even though some of the original level dependent restrictions are still in game, it is possible to  do these mission at your (my) convenience.  Even though waiting will cost considerably more credits. the player (read me) may be in a better position to do these missions by waiting.  

Also I will have the bonus of being able to play my character and enjoy leveling etc. without worrying about bypassing this or that restriction.  

I understand that there may be some ..."in game soon(tm) tied to this, but I  as my dear old pop used to say "don't cry until you have been hurt"  So Byakhee the balls in your court, "get er done"

Ok.

The next plan I have is to revamp the mission talk trees for the bonus content starting from the ground up.

Can I ask if this structure would be generally ok here (abbreviated)

=============

First Mission Stage

First Talk (Abstract)

• "thank you for doing the token mission / earlier mission name that required (Skill)

• "on completing this task, you will have designed a blueprint [type of blueprint specified] which will automatically be added to the build terminal

• " and [NPC name / I ] will be expecting you to continue this research line

Replies

> Check that all pre requirement missions / items have been completed, if not told who to go to, what skill to raise or what to try and find

> Continue (if all checks complete)

Second Talk

• I would like you to...

Replies

> Hold on, I know what to do ---> Go to next stage of mission without reading all the mission text for the nth time!

> Sorry, do continue

Third Talk

- Verbose text explaining what to do

- Ends with you continuing.

==============

End Mission Stage

First Talk

• Recap of what you did

• What you will be rewarded

• Who you are expected to go to next

--------------------------

I think this should solve a lot of issues with "where the hell do I go next"

Stage 1 will be the first one to be tweaked in text.

Ola

I think that is a good start, I cleared all stage 1 today with my PW, PP and PS and helped some peeps that got stuck. What i notice is that everyone just jumps in and want to build the weapons, forget the components and reactors and then get stuck at the 'where the heck do i get the device from' stage.

I know that the order that you can do the missions in and don't mess up is:

1: PP components

2: PS devices (needs PP component and learns device)

3: PS Sield (uses PS device and learn shield)

4: PP shield (get shield from PS)

5: PP weapons (use device ripped from shield and learn beam)

6: PW weapons (uses beam)

If you change the order or skip a step you will need a different player that can make the beam or the shield. If its made clear that when i do only weapons to start with that after the initial start i will need to do components and shield to continue on my own or get the beam from an other player itwill be a big improvement.

Regards,

just one last remark about a thing i run into now

I am buisy getting my toons up to date to get  the lvl7 items from agrippa and want to use the lvl7 flatchette as main weapon for the PW and PP. The thing is, it requires lvl45 trade (to do the examination) wich for a PW is actually real strange.

Unless im no going to grind my PW to 45 trade now, he is pretty balanced (31/37/38), i wont be able to use the lvl7 and im worried that lvl8 is out to. about the same goes for the shied and reactor for the PP, he dinged a few times during the last steps of stage 1 and is ol 113, 7  levels to use the lvl7 none trade stuff.

Is there a way to change the stage 2 examination so it is possible to use first line of the stage 2 gear, without making real inbalanced toons that are basicly 36/x/45? 

just one last remark about a thing i run into now

I am buisy getting my toons up to date to get  the lvl7 items from agrippa and want to use the lvl7 flatchette as main weapon for the PW and PP. The thing is, it requires lvl45 trade (to do the examination) wich for a PW is actually real strange.

Unless im no going to grind my PW to 45 trade now, he is pretty balanced (31/37/38), i wont be able to use the lvl7 and im worried that lvl8 is out to. about the same goes for the shied and reactor for the PP, he dinged a few times during the last steps of stage 1 and is ol 113, 7  levels to use the lvl7 none trade stuff.

Is there a way to change the stage 2 examination so it is possible to use first line of the stage 2 gear, without making real inbalanced toons that are basicly 36/x/45? 

This is a well thought out and logical arguement.  I hope it is seriously considered by The Powers That Be ;)

The examination item is set to be a level 9 item, so the Architecti can find the "best out there".  If it was any less item then they'd only be finding the "mediocre players out there". 

However it may be possible for Stage 1 completions to directly bypass the examination stage (of that line), but only for Stage 1 players.  Everyone else who wanted into Stage II would have to do the examination.  This would mean of course that those going through Stage 1 would never have the Stage II examination mapped or the rewards for this.  Due to technical tree lines, this would be only offered to Devices, Reactors, Shields and Projectile Launchers (Weapons) from Stage 1.

The setting for Stage 1 researchers ---> Stage II would have to be Build x at level 6 for the first line and then go to Build x at 7 immediately.

For the other races, that probable wont use the weapons/devices and so on i have no issue keeping the trade level 45 requirement. My main point was that the lvl 7 gear is none tradable and to low for a trade level requirement of 45. The PP i can see getting trade around the time they can use the Shield and Reactor. The PS is going to have a hard time getting TL45 befor they can use devices and shield 8 and almost no PW is going to have TL45 befor weapons 7. This is unless you actually grind about 10 trade levels befor you do the rest.

An idea is to lower  the requirement to  trade level 35, maybe an initial examination for the players that have completed  stage 1, can get you access to only the lvl7 gear. The other gear then can be accessed with the lvl9 examination.

This way the lvl7 gear gets actually used by the builders.

Tie the use to the chief leveling mechanic. I.E. PP=TL lvl x, PW= CL lvl x, PS=EL lvl x.

The PW wouldn't have trade to lvl X ,but for sure would have CL to even use it..so that lets them around the strictures, the PP would have the TL to the point incidental to the SP needed and the skill lvl to build, since the CL would lag naturally, they would be using it when they should, same for the PS, they need EL to a level to use a device anyway, they would naturally have it high enough when they were building it.

Note something however Snotty, not all that gear is in reality to be used, it's test gear. (this is just a example) would you worry that you got to "use" something that you would never in reality want, say something that gives your shield a recharge BOOST!, but in exchange totally drains your reactor and disables your engine for 20 sec? Most of the earlier gear before L7 is worhtless, either its just the stuff to get the building stuff back and forth between the classes (the low lvl shield/beam for example) or it's just "flavor" stuff like the L2/L5 dmg type ammo that you have already outgrown when you make it.

Found an inconcistency...

build shields stage 2, the actual quest to get the shield made by Vasi requires 3600 collega faction

build devices stage 2, 6000 collegia faction

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4498-agrippa-technology-ii-iii/?hl=collegia

might be outdated, but every talk tree still uses it, mainly inquari's and the faction required for the lvl7 shield and device  is there 5000...

Nope.

The mission talk tree is dynamic.

Simply put you have some faction that Scuti likes and some faction that Vasi dislikes.

Each Architecti has 2 liked factions and 2 disliked factions, 1 Agrippa based and 1 Personal like.

Now, the Agrippa Based you probably have, but the personal ones are different for each NPC.  Kind of makes it more interesting eh?

Enemy at war faction not shown to make it easier!

Agrippa like  A

Agrippa dislike  B  (Current enemy of the Progen Republic)

Personal like C

Personal dislike D

So if you have A + C and none of B, D  then your entry for that level is really low.

Contrary if you only have B + D then your entry will require more... 

Happily A + B or A + D or B + C will cancel each other out!

-------------

Programmers think of binary trees:

Talk stage 1:   Is Faction A higher or Lower 

(Split tree here, two responses same and text same but both now check Facton B; which again splits to Faction C) etc... and in the end gets tied unto a range of

A/-/C/-  = best

A/-/-/- = A/B/C/-

A/B/-/- = A/-/-/D = -/B/C/- = -/-/C/D = -/-/-/- 

-/-/-/D = -/B/C/D

-/B/-/D = worse

Which basically gives a range of ++ to -- depending on the number of factions that are being checked. I think I stopped at 5 and it is always the same five for the NPC

what will you miss?

* the best lvl7 pl and making the 8 (could be argued the best) & 9 (very good)

* very good lvl8 & 9 shield with impact debuff

* real nice device with the rare +"shield inversion skill" (not duration) and reduced debt 

* bragging rights

and its something to do while leveling other then terminal humping, the whole thing is something you have in your quest log from lvl50 to 140 or so, so dont try to rush it and just take your time gathering or prining the goods. It takes a lot and i mean a lot of credits to (spend about 30 mill now on it and am almost done) 

what will you miss?

* the best lvl7 pl and making the 8 (could be argued the best) & 9 (very good)

* very good lvl8 & 9 shield with impact debuff

* real nice device with the rare +"shield inversion skill" (not duration) and reduced debt 

* bragging rights

and its something to do while leveling other then terminal humping, the whole thing is something you have in your quest log from lvl50 to 140 or so, so dont try to rush it and just take your time gathering or prining the goods. It takes a lot and i mean a lot of credits to (spend about 30 mill now on it and am almost done) 

And there in your answer is the "other" problem with Agrippa, the credit/resource sinkness to it.

To make the credits/resources for it, you have to "feed" your toon.

If you don't feed the toon, you gain levels while gathering for it, thereby leveling past stages and leveling out of content.

In feeding your toon, it sort of defeats the storyline spirit.

You are depending on a TE/JD to go kill crap for you to have the loot stuff?

You are depending on a JE/TS to hump the rocks to feed your ore needs?

You are dependant on a TT/JS to build stuff to feed your build needs or have better negotiation rates for vendor loot?

It's SUPPOST to be Progen/Agrippa top secret research and development project! Not one that all the other races know about since everyone is turning to them for the stuff to feed the PS/PP/PW material needs!  Yes....real secret...sort of like area 51...everyone knows about a "top-secret-military-base-in-the-Nevada-desert-named-area-51"...A erm yehhhhh.

• 3 weeks later...

No one has been able to give me a straight answer on this, but I have a PS at lvl 75 with build skills to level 4, but I can't seem to get any Stage 1 for Shields or Devices. It tells me I need max build skills, which doesn't seem right.... I get some people telling me their PS did Agrippa at lvl 75, and then some telling me you can't do until 100 with max builds. So what is it then?

No one has been able to give me a straight answer on this, but I have a PS at lvl 75 with build skills to level 4, but I can't seem to get any Stage 1 for Shields or Devices. It tells me I need max build skills, which doesn't seem right.... I get some people telling me their PS did Agrippa at lvl 75, and then some telling me you can't do until 100 with max builds. So what is it then?

You can't get a straight answer for a reason, nobody knows, it's always changing :/, just when you think it's one way they "tweek" it and you find you have gone past something or lack something to do the content. It's always been clear as mud the agrippa stuff. Your best hope is to find another player that has completed it recently and *pray* it hasn't been changed since they did it, or that you have done something that excludes you somehow, maybe they can walk you through it if so.

If you can't do that, then they say (they have said and promised lots of things that didn't pan out btw) that you can go past the content and come back at it past L135 with a credit sink component to it. I don't hold my breath on that one, got the sinking feeling I'd just get bent over the barrel once again being told to "sqeal like a pig".

Terminal et al, here is my experience with beginning Stage I Agrippa (Shields and Devices),

As a Sentinel (I hate the abbreviations), I waited until Overall Level 100, Build Devices and Build Shields 4, and if memory serves 2500+ Collegia. But there were hurdles. From what I gather, there are negatives out there. Try not to let your InfinitiCorp and Red Dragon Factions standings outstrip your Collegia and Centuriata. Agrippa Technologies hates InfinitiCorp and the Tongs. I lost 4+ million credits due to apologies to Agrippa above and beyond the cost to enter examinations, buy comps, dismantle, manufacture, and other maze madness.

Avoid your Hull Upgrade 135 if you intend to enter Stage I before Overall Level 135, or else you'll be spending Gold instead of Silver token(s). Watch my reports and try to glean clues. I'm not just blowing smoke up your thrusters, pilots. (Eww, that came out badly.)

Someday, someone will write a book, Agrippa Technologies for Dummies and make a killing, but it won't be me, so sorry.

On location at Nostrand Vor City, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat