Agrippa Technology Tips And Observations

I'd like him to see it in the game as it is now where it's extremely rare to find anyone who makes Agrippa items (which kind of sucks when some require items made from another class)...kind of forces us all to mothball our char until we either find someone to make that item, or make the class and do the mission on our own.

Try Exploring More

or Read the Patch notes.

Stoking the "we can't get into Agrippa Stage 1" is kind of lame as can't you?

Have you tried seeing if you can?

Have you fully explored all the universe?

Are you sure?

-

• Downvote 1

Try Exploring More

or Read the Patch notes.

Are you sure?

Are you very sure?

Very very sure?

Sure?

Positively sure?

"Der iz way into stage un fer gripa fer uber uns but iz gotta get sumat shiny fer it." <- Patch note I'm not sure what language this is, So reading this patch note is yet another puzzle.

Are you sure?

Are you very sure?

Very very sure?

Sure?

Positively sure?

Cute but as adults I really don't think you should be talking to us like our mothers did when we were five. Sorry if there are some under 13 players that enjoy this type of talking down to.

Did this server go full on RP while I was away? Is there a chance that patch notes be in ENGLISH and not some made up language? Keep the uggy moogy in missions if you must, but if patch notes are not informative it would be best to leave them out?

• Upvote 1

That language is from an NPC that was ingame some time back, can't remember his name, but had to do with progen stuff. I think he may be Byakhee's co-hort. :P

It's clearly meant to be as confusing as the Agrippa stuff, which after much reading here and chatting with friends in-game I finished in ST4. :)

Agree, I think most mmorpg devs have found that alienating the player base is not the way to go.  This may be a different situation here in that it is basically free and loosing a player or 100 (read Progen class) is not the end of the world.  I'm not sure B has really ever played his maze or not.  I would love for him to start a low level ton and play it through with someone else on the dev team throwing in a few curves so he does not have the play book.  Perhaps then the limits would really be removed.  Then again, perhaps not.

+1 rep (won't let me +9) :)

I'd like him to see it in the game as it is now where it's extremely rare to find anyone who makes Agrippa items (which kind of sucks when some require items made from another class)...kind of forces us all to mothball our char until we either find someone to make that item, or make the class and do the mission on our own.

and another +1 for this.

Kind of makes the reason for the HU restrictions and interdependancy of classes redundant when nobody is doing that content, thereby being available/able to fill the item/material needs of other players doing the content..

-1 worthless "hints" like this aside:

Try Exploring More

or Read the Patch notes.

Are you sure?

Are you very sure?

Very very sure?

Sure?

Positively sure?

Players have reported a problem with the way it functions for them...offered their ideas on how they would improve it...have been given the run around, and gotten upset because of that... They understandably respond in a negative fashion, in response they have gotten either stonewalled, ignored or worse mocked for the temerity of offering an opinion...what do they do?

1.Some, do like I do and just mothball progens (thats the reason Terminal can't get what he needs to do content if he so desired no "active" progens that have done or are doing content).

2. Still others just blow past it, not bothering to "experience it" (even if they even understand the "hint" about being able to go back later and do it) this approach will be more and more, why bother with it when it's stupid hard..just go for max level and have the increased credits and build skills to eleviate some of the headaches? If they understand the hint then they figure "I'll take the easy out" (but will probably find out it really isn't easy out, since there will inevitably be some restriction from that side as well, like lack of tokens or something.)

3.Or still others, when they read the forums, see the back and forth and the possible headaches, roadblocks, and changing guidelines etc. and the counter "arguements", they just don't even start a progen," why even bother if it's a hassle and I'm going to be mocked anyway?" they tell themselves.

What has been the response been to this problem when you boil it all down?

A. Mockery or indifference..WAI deal with it.

B. "*fingers in ears* not a problem...lalalalalala can't hear you...can't hear you, so there must not be a problem...lalalala" :rolleyes:

IMOHO....it all calls for this :cluebat:

But then this is all just an opinion isn't it? What do we know.

That language is from an NPC that was ingame some time back, can't remember his name, but had to do with progen stuff. I think he may be Byakhee's co-hort. :P

It's clearly meant to be as confusing as the Agrippa stuff, which after much reading here and chatting with friends in-game I finished in ST4. :)

Yeh, it's changed again Klyde (somewhat) it's not ST4, it's Live! now (sort of), some things have changed and some have been added and taken away. Some players took a "official" statement to heart and did content accordingly, to have that "official" statement be rescinded (sort of like a proverbial  rug pulled out from them, while balancing a tray of glasses filled with liquid....you could predict the fate of the drinks.... CRASH! and resulting profanity) on the return of personnel. Becuase of the natural difficulty of the content some get dejected, but then they have ever changing guidlines thrown in and dejection turns to consternation.

• Upvote 1

The problem is that as one explores, one would level up, and may be stumble across an Agrippa mission, for which he has already passed the upper limit requirement, due to too many "dings".

THIS!!!! IS the whole point!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

• Upvote 1

If you take a leave of absence from a job and come back to different rules you have 3 options.

1. Deal with the changes and move on

2. Find another job on your own accord

3. Ignore the new rules and get fired.

I see option 3 here without getting fired. The level restrictions were to be removed not solely for the playerbase, but to reduce GMs workload. As the missions were causing GM and players headaches.

But whatever B. I like Agrippa complexities just not the level restrictions, you say that the tokens are for missed content, but I think tokens should be used for the other races to use myself.

• Upvote 1

I think the saddest part of all this is that the missions are interesting, and could be fun if not for the fact that you must exclude almost all other content just to make sure you are in the requirements.  Daily RL is what this reminds me of (and not a game to become immersed in).  We have to be at this location at x time, we eat our lunch at y time...we head for home at z time. All the while we have to interact with others as mandated by the particular employment manual.  Depending on the type of work we must do things exactly as outlined by someone else.  Do you see the similarity Byakhee?

What I want, and it is probably too much to ask... is to be able to play my character as I want ...without worry about keeping this level below that limit.  Or do as I stated before only the Agrippa missions to the mostly exclusion of all other content. 

Good stuff overall B, but the limits really have to be removed...as was started before your return.

My 2 credits worth.

• Upvote 1

Ok maybe i'm not being clear enough so bear with me while I try to be non cryptic.

Token Missions unlock bonus content.

It is envisaged eventually all will unlock comparable content, but I understand Agrippa is the best out there at the moment as its a lot easier to implement than figuring out what to reward a player who has used eg Jumpstart 10x.

Changes in system will mean that this content will be available by 2 means

Mid Level players: (Currently being adjusted to allow entry for above 50 - 75 up to 100)

1 x Mission Token +  Hull levels 50, 75, 100

Progen Sector NPCs to provide assistance

Skill Required relevant to the hull range

A lot more help

Unchanged missions apart from multiple talk tree in first part to inform you if you need to take out insurance (working on new means to make sure you can do a previous level 50 hull token at 75 or 100 by doing 1 mission that simply pays over a bribe to a fixer who will smooth over the waters with this mission giver who wanted you to do it earlier.  (Currently coding - will be announced in a patch when implemented).

- 1 payment @ 75 buys into those @ 50  [still need tokens to do each individual]

- 1 payment @ 100 buys into those @ 50 and 75 [still need tokens to do each individual]

[50] - bribe at 75 and 100

[75] - bribe at 100 and possibility if skilled of doing it earlier, no cost

[100] - no bribes needed but with possibility of doing it earlier if you are really skilled

Therefore a hull upgrade  range of 50 - 100

High Level players

Required Hull level 135

Required Token(s) at least 2+ per NEW MISSION to unlock (encorage market forces with the Trade Token but best to hold on to this 1)

No indication in the starting zone that this content exists, easter egg style in game, as there is no hull limits on you for this one (you need your maximum hull)

Content will be geared to your high level.

Therefore a hull upgrade of 135

Mission Structure

Mid Range Token Unlock  OR  High Level Token Unlock ---> Bonus Content

Search the galaxy guys; but expect me to concentrate on unlocks for high level hull (final) to implement those token missions first that have bonus content in.  Maybe a NPC will have a mission for you.  Maybe an asteroid has a strange scan symbol on it just for you.

So yes, where there is bonus content there will be a way for high level maxed out characters to access this bonus content, but it is highly likely to require high level skills, and cost relatively more than if you had done it earlier in your hull progression, but at least now you do have entry via a "back door" that is not locked out.  And it will not be signposted "this way" in the patch notes.

Find that filter that allows you in. 

Did this help with the mechanics of the system?

Ok maybe i'm not being clear enough so bear with me while I try to be non cryptic.

It is envisaged eventually all will unlock comparable content, but I understand Agrippa is the best out there at the moment as its a lot easier to implement than figuring out what to reward a player who has used eg Jumpstart 10x.

Mid Level players: (Currently being adjusted to allow entry for above 50 - 75 up to 100)

A lot more help

Unchanged missions apart from multiple talk tree in first part to inform you if you need to take out insurance (working on new means to make sure you can do a previous level 50 hull token at 75 or 100 by doing 1 mission that simply pays over a bribe to a fixer who will smooth over the waters with this mission giver who wanted you to do it earlier.  (Currently coding - will be announced in a patch when implemented).

- 1 payment @ 75 buys into those @ 50  [still need tokens to do each individual]

- 1 payment @ 100 buys into those @ 50 and 75 [still need tokens to do each individual]

[100] - no bribes needed but with possibility of doing it earlier if you are really skilled

High Level players

Required Hull level 135

Required Token(s) at least 2+ per NEW MISSION to unlock (encorage market forces with the Trade Token but best to hold on to this 1)

No indication in the starting zone that this content exists, easter egg style in game, as there is no hull limits on you for this one (you need your maximum hull)

Mission Structure

Search the galaxy guys; but expect me to concentrate on unlocks for high level hull (final) to implement those token missions first that have bonus content in.  Maybe a NPC will have a mission for you.  Maybe an asteroid has a strange scan symbol on it just for you.

So yes, where there is bonus content there will be a way for high level maxed out characters to access this bonus content, but it is highly likely to require high level skills, and cost relatively more than if you had done it earlier in your hull progression, but at least now you do have entry via a "back door" that is not locked out.  And it will not be signposted "this way" in the patch notes.

So If I understand this correctly... Those that want to partake in the Agrippa from the beginning or those that for whatever reason just wanted to play the game, can do the missions as written OR backdoor into the Agrippa?

If this is true then there has been much to-do over nothing. 

So If I understand this correctly... Those that want to partake in the Agrippa from the beginning or those that for whatever reason just wanted to play the game, can do the missions as written OR backdoor into the Agrippa?

If this is true then there has been much to-do over nothing. 

No, condensed that was WAI.

Don't want to fiddle with MY HU structure in the mission lines, as a concession to GM's, WORKING on coding content to let you do back a HU (with bribes and conditions met between other npc to do so: read credit/faction/material/time sink) implimintation to be announced soon (tm).

Might (read:possibly, not sure yet) be way to do content forward/earlier if you go hardcore builder rather than a balanced toon progen, WORKING on likelyhood of it, don't know yet to be announced soon (tm)

HU requirements all still in pre 135, once 135 passed then only through high level additional mission and 2+ tokens and additional skills and additional credits and easter egg type seeding drop (something, scan/item/resource not going to say what, other than its outside settled space) bonus content will be accessable WORKING on that access, to be announced soon (tm)

Promise that "back door" content is my next priority that I'm WORKING on but conceed it's all to be announced soon (tm) *

*oh and MY HU/skill/rep/token requirements are still in WAI  lalaalala

I was so hoping that he had seen the light and listened to the peons.  

Peons are low level worker drones for Orcs, we don't have Orcs, so there must not be any peons either, if there are no peons, then I don't have to listen...

It's all logical!

*fingers in ears*  "Lalaalalaa...can't hear you"

:)

Dabu!

Zug Zug.

WK3: magic user is my fav WK npc talk..

Ggrrr... get on with it... *with disdain* What?!...*also with disdain* I DO have better things to do... The WK3 orc MU was a total grump :)

Prefer the orkn building unit in 40k dawn of war myself.

Umm we not going over der are we? Guns iz der!.....Der might be shootn over der!

Ok ok..we build it right up fer ya! *build* Ok ok we fixit right up fer ya! *repair* *and a  clink, slam, hammer, chug chug sound*

Paaleez..not with the kick'n, don't like da kick'n

Or the boss:

I'm da biggest, so I'm da BOZ!

Get em boyz!  MWAH!

Oh look! I gotz a  MORE shootie thing -or-choppy thing.

I should invent sumting so Iz don't haz to slog around.

Whyz I walkn?!

Other boss:

Iz a even BIGGA BOZ! You does wha' I sayz now..

Hummies! I smell hummies!

A lot more help

High Level players

Required Hull level 135

Mission Structure

I read "currently coding" as "mothball your toon until coded"

I was so hoping that he had seen the light and listened to the peons.  

Mimir-

Agrippa is out there, high and medium level - go find it.

Correct, I have listened but the route you need to find is for the high level content.

Which is not in core Progen territory.

And in the case of Build Skills require level 7 of the skill and an Advanced Token "Gold one"

So there is no need for this thread.

However, as 1 Gold Token is made from 3 Mission Tokens by the Nota NPC of your class, and you get one at 135;

If you have not cashed in / used your mission tokens, every Progen who doesnt do Agrippa mission earlier can have 3 Gold ones (unique) [converting 2 x 3 (6) Mission Tokens + 1 Trade Token obtained at 135], which can be traded.  Privateers may either consider doing Agrippa earlier or locaate friendly Progen who don't mind trading them their Gold Tokens (due to entry into more than 3 build lines, Sentinels have 2 build lines and Warriors have 3)

Gold Tokens (tradable) become a market source now!

Save them in your Guild for your Guild Builders who are Progen!!!

Wow gold tokens a new market source! *WHEEEE*,

You only have to:

Save very token you got leveling to L135.

Not do any agrippa token mission while leveling (neither build nor alt. xp/item lines)

Be willing to part with them forever and forgo any agrippa content. Once the tokens are gone, they is gone, no more..real market there..it's not a "market" really if the product resource is so finite. With that sort of "market resource" we best have them declared endangered species and imprison anyone that dares harvest them.

Hot Damn! *rubs hands together* I better start 6 progen toons and level them all the way to +135...*jittery from excitement* I'm gunna be RICH!

Any chance of platinum, diamond, paladium tokens? Maybe gold pressed latinum tokens?

/sarcasm off

Thats the solution? :blink:   :w00t:                                                                    <_<

Back to hibernation mode w/ progens :mad:

I read "currently coding" as "mothball your toon until coded"

Longer than that...you forget roadblocks, changing content, bug tracking, morphing requirements, and inconsistant rules.

THEN it gets interesting :rolleyes: , how many other players have risked agrippa enough  to get to a point, that they can fill your material needs for you to progress the minefield of content? You have a class interdependancy remember, you can't get the <your class> through the maze unless you can find <other 2 classes> that have or are braving it as well.

* Looks at Progen alts at the back of the bus getting excited *

* Looks over this thread -- "Sit down Progen alt dudes, you're not going anywhere just yet" *

I wonder if the Pakkarat has prepared a Net 7 news flash for a future date for something like "Agrippa content finally finished construction or coding or whatever - its a done deal!". But may be even the Pakkarat cannot see that far into the future.

Ah well 2-3 months will be occupied by me levelling up Terrans and Jenquai.

There are a few foolhardy souls in Static and I am aware of a few in other guilds too, who are braving Agrippa right now. My hat goes off to you. Scouts need HML3, Stage II/II Encryptions and Amplector Omega for their final step in the promotion mission (after getting HU135 awarded) so they too are road-blocked by Agrippa. Sigh. Why did I hibernate my Progens AND THEN PICK TO PLAY the one other profession eventually road-blocked by Agrippa?!?! I thought I was on safe ground but NOOOOO. I forgot. The irony is almost too much.

Edited by Lot

Mimir-

Agrippa is out there, high and medium level - go find it.

Correct, I have listened but the route you need to find is for the high level content.

Which is not in core Progen territory.

And in the case of Build Skills require level 7 of the skill and an Advanced Token "Gold one"

So there is no need for this thread.

However, as 1 Gold Token is made from 3 Mission Tokens by the Nota NPC of your class, and you get one at 135;

If you have not cashed in / used your mission tokens, every Progen who doesnt do Agrippa mission earlier can have 3 Gold ones (unique) [converting 2 x 3 (6) Mission Tokens + 1 Trade Token obtained at 135], which can be traded.  Privateers may either consider doing Agrippa earlier or locaate friendly Progen who don't mind trading them their Gold Tokens (due to entry into more than 3 build lines, Sentinels have 2 build lines and Warriors have 3)

Gold Tokens (tradable) become a market source now!

Save them in your Guild for your Guild Builders who are Progen!!!

You just don't get it do you. You're stunting the growth of the Progen playerbase. Read all the posts here, majority is not happy with your content and the route you are choosing to take. ALL WE(well, I) WANT IS HULL RESTRICTIONS COMPLETELY REMOVED ON AGRIPPA. The only true restriction should be for Stage 3 being lvl 135+ and max build skill. It makes no sense to have a long crazy drawn out quest with restrictions throughout the leveling phases, because some of us want to do what you have encouraged us to do in this threat, we WANT TO EXPLORE. I don't want to be tied down to a single "uber" quest from level 50 on, I want to explore the game. 

• Upvote 1

<p>I got a question,</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>so how does a PP get the calatius omega print?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I have a PP with build 6 across the board and done the hull mesh thing, then started gathering therest of the mission's and turned in the shields where i got the lvl2 shield print for the device. I did not get the lvl5 shield print that uses the device though, Scuti keeps tellig me i need lvl7 build shields so i have not finished that stage yet.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Now i can do the lvl5 PL weapon quest &nbsp;but the &nbsp;'battalfield endurence' mission keeps telling me 1: to go to Scuti, or 2: buy a calatius omega beam to get the beam print. I did however finish the weapon stage 1 and have my card and symbol.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>So when do i get the calatius omega print?&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>regards</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>edit:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>seems that there is still a hull level requirement here, the talk tree of Scuti just stops if you do not have level 100 hull. After you get your level you can continue Scuti's mission&nbsp;</p> Edited by snotty

Having mega complex design of Agrippa (in my view) has a number of positives (e.g. challenge, 'the you've earned it' feeling etc.) but also several negatives - complexity means it's not easy to maintain or amend, it's also locking in one designer (from a v small team) into bug fixing and lengthy maintenance which can mean less content for other classes, problems down the line when mission rewards are more efficiently replaced (e.g. raid drops making the 2 months of completing Agrippa having less value) and of course there's a key person dependency on B being around...doesn't seem to make much sense in my mind to be wholly dependent on B - what if he wants to leave the team/gets bored/frustrated at negative comments/others want to take over?

Please keep the mission design simple (note: it doesn't have to be "easy content" - challenging missions can have a simple design but still offer a unique challenge for the reward!).  My overall feeling is that we are perhaps tying ourselves into knots when particularly now (with the rebuild) it's an ideal time to reconsider whether we can make the mission and design content simpler to maintain, less dependant on key persons to fix/develop and perhaps more effectively support the player base.