Net 7 Portal Update. 20/08/2012

Shaddex

[b] Status: Online[/b]

[b] Portal Update:[/b][list]
[*]added: Restore faction function to restore RD faction getting lost due to the faction-wipe on 20. August 2012 [b](Please see FAQ on Net-7.org. Main Menu, FAQ, "Game play and issues" Tab.)[/b]
[*]added: Hovering maps will show sector cords now
[*]fixed: ship editor (what if) item level filter working correct now
[*]added: [color=#ff0000][b]Complete guild administration offline / online[/b][/color]
[*]-fixed: team vault permissions / functions
[/list]
Loads of other small fixes and look and feel of site.

Please bare in mind that although we have tested all the features of the new site to the best of our ability there is a chance that you will find a bug or a typo.
So we ask if you could please post in the "Tech Support" forums under the "NET7 Website" Post and and all problems that you experience.

ANYONE FINDING ANY EXPLOITS AND USING THEM TO GAIN AN IN GAME ADVANTAGE, WILL HAVE THEIR ACCOUNT BANNED !
IF YOU DO FIND ANYTHING, PLEASE PM ME AND WE WILL CORRECT IT.
EVERYTHING WE HAVE ADDED ON THIS RELEASE IS LOGGED... SO WE WILL FIND OUT !

With all that said, I would like to thank the WebDev Team for the time and effort once again.

Enjoy !
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1345496348' post='62026']
Faction wipe?
[/quote]
Factions will now be as they were in "live". So your faction will act upon your building / Analysing etc.
All info is in the Patch message on the Launcher.

Ya, so watch the faction for stations now, it will affect dismantling and analyzing - in both(!) ways: Positive and negative ....
Also make sure you dont get TOO low with one faction, you might be excluded from using their gates and stations!

Also, BBW gates need "friend" level now (like in live), so you are able to use their gates from 2000+ on.

Oh damn. Inb4 lots of chavez farming today. I know all of my toons are only neutral o.o

But yeah, steps in the right direction. Diggin it. Saw the patch notes fixed the job terminal combat issue. Good one there. As well as fixing group stealth.

The brief moment the server was up I noticed some faction issues right away.

Vrix/Unknown doesnt seem to exist anymore, Progen Combine isnt listed, and my own Centuriata faction on my PW which should be just by doing hull upgrades and leveling close to maxed is at 7000 (a 150 PW is usually well over 9000).

I know its a work in progress but thats what I saw in the couple minutes I had Edited by Ryle

Right, the faction reset is using initial values because the wiped table doesnt know of any progression you had in the past.

Edit/PS.:
I cant think of any issue caused by it, except the requirement for Agrippa stuff?
We can handle that ingame tho, no problem.

Is there gonna be any way to restore that? Like maybe a check with Kerr or something "set faction to HU 150" or something. I love the change and its a great step, but the maxed toons are all losing 2500+ of their own faction they should have. Without slaughtering thousands of another faction and tanking it to get back where I should be (as well as everyone else), is there going to be another way?

I forsee massive agrippa issues with that collegia faction on some toons as well. Edited by Ryle

Oh the issue im thinking of is actually why you wiped the factions. For the build bonus/penalty.

A new 150 PW grinding up is going to have a better build chance percent on arx magister than say my toon would, because of the loss of 2500 faction or so. (assuming its calculated for faction levels all the way up to 9999)

Also Zack, rather than manually going through and fixing people, maybe add something to the faction leaders (Kerr, Dewinter, etc) that if you talk to them with a reset faction it will do a check to see if your bonuses are applied? Automation to save you time man. Edited by Ryle