Raid Drop Percents On Quality

Ryle

So per a chat in guild channel I was asked to make one of my... ahem... famous posts I guess.

The general gist is its become quite common for most raid items to drop around 90 percent quality. Usually in live youd see 100-105 as being sort of the middle ground and anything higher or lower was increasingly rare.

Lately the target percent seems to be more around 90-95 with lower being far more common than higher.

My suggestion would be, unless this is some kinda really unlucky streak of late, to put the median back at the 100-105 range we remember from live play.
  • Upvote 2

I participated in a Zenrei (Oni) raid today along with Ryle and several others, and the lone item that dropped (Zenrei Force Projector...along with a couple ammo samples) was at 86% quality. :wacko:

I agree quality distribution on raid items ought to favor 100% or better items.

There could still be a chance of getting below 100% on raid items but it would be very rare or unlikely.

While on the subject of quality can all looted items have a quality that is a multiple of 5% i.e. 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125. This would more closely emulate the standard of the live servers. It was a tell-tale indicator that items had taken quality loss during battle when the quality was not on one of those 5% borders. And please can quality loss be reigned in it should never be more than 1-2%.

It would be great too if there was a way to regain lost quality on non-manufacturable items.

Yeah ive always wondered whats up with that "not 5 multiple" thing. Also, what about resetting all over 125s to 125. There are a lot of overpowered items out there that arent obtainable anymore (175% blackbeard gear, ego matrices, and what have you) that give players an unfair advantage now.

I think in the interest of fairness that stuff needs to put down into the range it should be at. Non manu items never went over 125 in live and those were like 5 per server over the lifetime of the live game rare.

Id say for lost quality, you should be able to get a non manu item back to 100, but never higher. Like if you had a 110 item, it got damaged down to 80, you could get it back to 100, but thats it. Id be for that. Edited by Ryle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I do agree that I have seen lower percentage raid items lately, but I think it's just luck of the draw. I would however like to see the 5% multiplier set as it was in live. Also, what are the current percentage parameters at right now? I have heard 80% to 130%.

As for resetting the above the current drop percentage items, to me it's too bad if you werent playing when they were set at up to 180% and don't have these items. I am not complaining I took time off during hulkfest and dont have items mapped that arent and arent supposed to be game currently. So if those get reset, everything in peoples builds that arent dropping according to the DB should be wiped also. So, if people want to complain about those two things (in which I am not) then there should have just been a player wipe at the beginning of beta. Do not forget we will most likely have one before we go live.

Ive never subscribed to the "it was obtainable before, its not now, too bad" mentality. Nor will I here, we will just disagree on that point.

Besides it goes beyond "i want one too!!". Its an imbalance that should be corrected here. I mean unless I am mistaken that the idea is to be "like live" or something.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The thing is we just got into BETA, they didn't see a need to do a wipe, so this is how it is and shall be until a wipe comes down the road somewhere. I was actually for a wipe going into Beta to get a bit of balance back into the game, and quite a few others were also, so actually we don't totally disagree. As it sits now though, I don't see the point in making those changes, fair or not at this time.

My personal opposition to a total wipe is the damn level grind. I was and am wholly supportive of a vault/item/gear/component/loot/credit reset. If they did it today id smile.

I dont care about items/build lists, stuff... what i care about is the time sink of regrinding back to 150. Then again I suppose a ST4 that lasted two years (actually longer than live gold even was), put us back into the deer in headlights of losing it all just like we did before.

Take my FOTM, but gods sakes leave my experience bars alone. Edited by Ryle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

case in point of why we have been stopping to smell the roses and have not ground anything yet. Tempy and I are always fighting mobs way higher than we should be to level quickly, and doing missions even if the reward isn't that great. We have been expecting a wipe for quite some time, and still expect one prior to the game going live, whether it happens or not.

I understand the time investment and wanting some high % weapons nerfed and low weapon % drops fixed, but really, until live, I don't expect balance or perfection...thats just me tho...as long as the drops are fixed before game hits live, i will be happy :)

Nice spam downvoting. Id be mighty curious who the baby is that cant take it up with me instead of being a petty little no-button.

I like how I am singled out as well, look through the thread, there are people agreeing on most principles. Edited by Ryle

Do you really care about being downvoted and then call others crybabies?
Thats funny. You shouldn't care at all what someone may think imo.
For the matter at hand i've seen low quality and high quality drops recently so its just plain and simple a bad roll with what you get.
We should just deal with it.
Items are so plentiful or so easily obtained. you said so yourself on numerous occasions, that this thread is not warranted.

On the idea that you can repair damaged items up to a certain quality limit, its been said in the past and its a nice credit sink.

Mmk. Point was, you dont wanna agree with me, hey thats cool as hell, everyones entitled to not agree. But to be a petty single out sort of person and triple downrate my posts just to be a passive aggressive and not even post why you dont agree? Not to mention pretty much everyone else in the thread agreed on most points, with a few detail exceptions. Yeah its cool, i like being slapped at by people that wont even say what the heck they have against me particularly, to me.

On the most important point, yea theres too much stuff in the game, doesnt make me a hypocrite for wanting to balance it like it was in live. Ive called for the glut of items over 125 to be reduced to that, ive called for the drops to be nominalized, and dont BS me the drops out of bowl and bbg have been terrible percentages lately. Ive been to at least 10 raids this week where the highest drop percent was 106 on one item where there were at least 8-10 that were under 95.

Not to mention the OCD raid that inspired this thread. The whole OCD mission plus raid yielded a 86 percent PL? Theres something wrong there. Wasnt even my raid and I see the gipped feeling that would give.

Granted i don't raid every day so i may not have the most detailed sampling of drops.

Yesterdays FB all 3 Master Weapons dropped PL=118% ML=115% Beam=99%

Yesterdays Oni raid Zenrei Power Source 108%, Zenrei Cannon 103%.

See where i'm getting here? Its just luck. If you are not happy with the quality of your item...just try again.

I mine/hulk a lot everyday and the quality on proto gear or devices that i find varies from 79% to 123% most of the time, every single day.

Have even seen the odd 130+ item drop even with the 125% limit? Don't know what to make of that.

As for "normalizing" the quality of items obtained during different % limits i say go for it. It makes absolutely no difference on items like the ID/ Ego/ Scientists etc and on the rest of the items i don't really know if eg 1.5 points of reactor recharge difference is gonna make or break a player. You either know how to play the class or you don't.
  • Upvote 1