Various Client Crashes And Hangs.

I wish this post had solutions...however it's just a hint for the DEV.

This concerns an increase in gate hangs, station hangs and login CTD's

While these crashes and hangs were with me throughout my time here. I notice that they really kicked up some notches after a portal patch just before BETA.

Since the update reports when portal does it's thing seldom list any changes I can only offer a vague timeline.

I think we have had about 4 portal patches recently and I believe the troublemeker was 2nd before Beta.

Confusing I know.

Patch 1 > Patch 2 > Beta > Patch 3 > Patch 4 if I recall. Patch 1 seemed to start the trouble.

I hope this helps zero in on the culprit.

Looking back I get the same feeling, the last patch before going beta has me Gating To Desktop a lot more than it used to, and still having a lot of GTD
on average 10 times a day compared to about 2 or 3 before said patch. Sometimes within minutes of eachother, others a few hours apart.
Most times seems to be when 1st changing sectors, 2nd docking, 3rd accessing job terminals

Yeah my girlfriend last night was having a hell of a time with constant gate crashes, like 5 in a matter of an hour, and it wasnt like this before the recent 361 patch or whatever. or 100? Whichever one came last.

Doesnt affect me much but for some reason she is having a hell of a time. It doesnt happen all the time, but when it does its pretty bad.

Please remember we added a lot of content and fixes to the game ... I'm sure we will have these issues identified, diagnosed and fixed ASAP.

Please remember to keep reporting the issues on the bug tracker so the beta team can confirm them and we can work on fixing them

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I cant get play. I need help. I have updated the game. I have tried running it as administration.I have force an update also but nothing is working. I get it all started and as soon as i get my login in information typed when i hit accept the game crashes..I dont know what else to do. Please help
Thanks.
Rowdy

• 1 month later...
I too seem to get a lot of disconnects when gating or docking. I remember back in live that this would happen once in a while and after 5-7 seconds if no progress was being made the client would retry the connection. I aspect it is lag related with our own ISPs where the command to gate is sent client side but doesn't reach the server.

If our own clients are not attempting to reconnect then it just stays on the gating screen.

This seems to happen far too often to me lately and on the last gate to complete missions only to have to log back in and have to start all over (this happened to me 5 times in a row one night and I got so frustrated losing all that xp I shut down for the night).

Does anyone know if the software is set to retry if there is no response?

I have also noticed a huge increase in gate crashes and docking crashes all in the last two weeks. I have been crashing 4-5 times a night. A number of months back I had a lot of gate crashes and was advised to make sure that two boxes were check on the load screen: "Prototype Reorder" and "Packet Optimization". After I did that, I had no more problems until the last two weeks. Now gate crashes and docking crashes are worse than ever. I sent in a ticket and was told it was checked out and it was at my end and I should re-install everything.

. Edited by drjeff