Returning Player Wondering What Kind Of Character To Create

I played E&B back when EA ran the game, and I had a lot of fun on my low-level Defender. However, I'd like to play something else on the emulator. I'd like to go with a ranged-DPS kind of character, but I don't know what class that would be. Which class should I roll?

ranged DPS will be either the Terran Enforcer or the Progen Warrior. TE has more range and speed, PW is a little shorter range with more tankabilty.

TE gets what about 7.5km range, PW about 6ish

Jenquai Explorer FTW! LOL.

Try out the new scout class - they have the sniper weapon which is very long range and high damage. I think the weapon needs a bit of lovin' though as it hasn't been touched for about a year and a half.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1343880467' post='61280']
Jenquai Explorer FTW! LOL.

Try out the new scout class - they have the sniper weapon which is very long range and high damage. I think the weapon needs a bit of lovin' though as it hasn't been touched for about a year and a half.
[/quote]
Yes! The JE is the perfect candidate for ranged DPS... :P

The Privateer also can do some DPS with decent range. L5 crits, 5 weapons, Recharge Shields, L9 shields, & L9 Reactors. PT can also build Progen Reactors, only class that can.

Terran Enforcer is the best ranged DPS in the game. It's very fast, has extremely long range and does lots of damage but isn't very versatile. Mostly a pure killer, the TE is very good at keeping enemies at range and killing them quickly.

if you want decent ranged DPS, healing, and building, check out the Terran Tradesman
if you want decent ranged DPS, even more speed, and mining, check out the Terran Scout

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1343942179' post='61307']
Terran Enforcer is the best ranged DPS in the game. It's very fast, has extremely long range and does lots of damage but isn't very versatile. Mostly a pure killer, the TE is very good at keeping enemies at range and killing them quickly.

if you want decent ranged DPS, healing, and building, check out the Terran Tradesman
if you want decent ranged DPS, even more speed, and mining, check out the Terran Scout
[/quote]
Trader !
--------
Ranged ? pfft !
A lot of good range is going to do, if your trying to divide and conquer and use any devices that can debuff or Hack that might have a range of 5.0

May I suggest a Jenquai Defender, Very powerful and Stealthy.

Jenquai Defender:
The Jenquai Defender has a hybrid of Exploration and Warrior skills. While not the strongest fighter or explorer, the combination will allow this class to stand up to many enemies found while exploring the galaxy.
[b]Strengths:[/b] Cloaking, fold space, psionic shields, summon enemies and great reactors.
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] Light armor, small cargo hull and poor shielding.

Jenquai:
[img]http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/content/game_info/character/race.jenquai.gif[/img]

The Jenquai are the descendents of the first explorers to map the far reaches of the solar system. Jenquai ancestors struck out from Earth on giant long-haul deep space shuttles knowing that turn around time from when they reached their destiny to when they returned to Earth would be measured in years.

Over time, the Jenquai ancestors became accustomed to living in harsh alien worlds and their genetic structure evolved into the current Jenquai race of today in order to take advantage of the different environments. The Jenquai have turned the pursuit of knowledge and the clarity of logic into a religion. Most Jenquai feel that the universe as a whole is the divine power and that all life encompasses that power.

Jupiter, well actually its orbiting moons, is where the noble Jenquai live. They're masters of science and technology and without them we'd still be puttering around space at sub-warp speeds. They're the true explorers of the galaxy. Going with the Jenquai means your ships aren't physically tough, but you'll make up for that with a wealth of technologies and mental powers that bolster your position in whatever you're doing.