Item Damage/ Repair Eq Skill

Every one has had their items damaged after suffering a terrible death by a boss or perhaps a lot of little mobs ganging up on your toon. It could be a one shot volley by GoBB or his minions that incap you (or your Jenquai with no HDC, whereby you 10% quality on your NOS because you forgot to take it out), or it could have been because you went AFK while cloaked in a field of L13 mobs, and your reactor ran dry because you took too long to return, and they incapitate you, and you lose 14% on your brand new 200% HoTD.

In either scenario, once incapped, you lose quality on some item. That is just after one incapitation, and structure of the item goes to zero after one battle and incap.

Currently there really is no need for the Repair Equipment skill which JD/TE/PW have available to them. Most people if they get hulled and survive the battle, will either get a Hull Patch from the nearest friendly neighbourhood TT, or just plain and simply dock their ship for repairs, which also fixes any structural damage on their items. I have rarely, if ever, used my Repair Equipment skill in a raid.

I would suggest that whenever a player is being hulled that the structure on the items (and more than just one item can be included) decreases slowly, so that it will take at least [b]a half dozen times[/b] of being hulled for the structure of an item to finally reach zero and the item starts to lose quality. This would mean that where would be no quality loss from being one shot by Boss/Raid Boss.

[u]If structure loss is spread out over a longer period of time, players will notice that their items need to be repaired and will actually ask for repair equipment in a raid.[/u] As well currently there really is no time to use Combat Repair in battle, as the structure goes from 100% to 0% in a couple of shots. Much too fast to even begin to do a repair in battle. I want to hear someone say, "Quick repair my stuff!!"

I remember in Live doing a Fishbowl with 6 groups, all of the Warriors using their Repair Equipment skill after each wave to make sure everyone's items were at 100% structure to avoid a loss in quality on their items. Not only did it look awesome with all those robots fixing everyone's ship systems, but it was actually a useful skill. People used to asked for Repair Equipment as often as they did for a Hull Patch.

As a Jenquai Warrior, I would love to be able to utilize all my skills. I feel this would make the Repair Equipment skill, much more valuable than it is currently. I might even consider putting more points into the skill to make it raid worthy.

I also agree with what Algaron said, I raised Repair equipment to L6 on my JW in live. Whenever I played Medevac, I'd cast a repair equipment on whomever I summoned, as well as a L7 Psi Shield, then hit them with the short term reactor boost from my Cygnus.

• 2 years later...

ok so how do I repair the ship damage when the stats going down like speed or energy damage? why dont destroy like the shield or or engine or reactor so you have to get a new one?? i think that is way much better and simple solution than hull damage since id doesnt get real repair so exce[pt well......

I don't fully understand what you're asking. 

Repair equipment, as it's supposed to work, is to repair structural damage to your equipment.  All warriors (PW, TW, JW) have the ability.  Structural or quality damage can occur to your equipment when you take hull damage to your ship, though there are buffs on items that can reduce the amount/likelihood of said damage.  I think the Damage Control skill (PW & TW) also does this. 

Damage to your hull isn't covered by repair equipment, instead that's repaired by the Hull Patch skill, which is shared by the TT & the Scout.  Your shields being lowered, is fixed by any of the 3 trade classes (TT, PT, JT) by their Recharge Shields skill.  These abilities are spread across different classes so that there's a place for each in groups or raids. 

Wondering if RGHawk is referring to Quality decline..?

(Which is *NOT* repaired/reset/improved by the "Repair Equipment" skill RG.)