[quote name='karu' timestamp='1353307409' post='66542']
INV-300 error comes before any username/password is checked. If Megan says that you login is invalid, then certificate check passed.
[/quote]

weird. she's not saying it's invalid. She says "sorry your login information is not accepted" if the local cert if not checked. If it's checked then i get the damn inv-300

i know my login info is correct. it works here and at the net-7 login on the sight and even brings up my account and my toons list. Edited by rodsmith

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='rodsmith' timestamp='1353310218' post='66543']i know my login info is correct. it works here and at the net-7 login on the sight and even brings up my account and my toons list.[/quote]login info here and net-7 portal (which use same login) are different than login into game. sure, you can use same name/password, but you can't say 'it works here, so it must be correct for game also'.

create new game account using net-7 portal and try that one to login into game.

[quote name='karu' timestamp='1353313833' post='66547']
login info here and net-7 portal (which use same login) are different than login into game. sure, you can use same name/password, but you can't say 'it works here, so it must be correct for game also'.

create new game account using net-7 portal and try that one to login into game.
[/quote]

huh? i can remember all kinds of problems at one point becasue people were not using the same one!

but if you miss the one big thing. IF and i say IF it's wrong. why is net-7 showing me my account and my toons when i use said info to log in?

but will give it a shot. Edited by rodsmith

[quote name='rodsmith' timestamp='1353345934' post='66582']Well setup a new account on net-7. did the validation. then loged in with it on net-7 and here. worked great.[/quote]you only have one game account under your forum name (created 2012-11-10)

I say it again... in here you use forum account, in game you use game account. Also there is no activation for game accounts. What you created was forum account most likely. That does not help you.

Rod,

1 -> forum account
2 -> Game account (created via Portal Manu "Account->Add game account")

Account 1 (Forum account) works on the Forums and Portal.

Game account uses its own credentials - the one you used when creating the game account via Portal.

[b]HINT:[/b]
The username you should use to login into[b] game[/b] should have a number in it.

[quote name='karu' timestamp='1353348138' post='66584']
you only have one game account under your forum name (created 2012-11-10)

I say it again... in here you use forum account, in game you use game account. Also there is no activation for game accounts. What you created was forum account most likely. That does not help you.
[/quote]

lol i did go to net-7 and setup a new account. tried to setup one with a new name but when i put in my email it told me it was already used. So i used one of my older ones.

the new account name is lastresort

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1353348329' post='66585']
Rod,

1 -> forum account

Game account uses its own credentials - the one you used when creating the game account via Portal.

The username you should use to login into[b] game[/b] should have a number in it.
[/quote]

hmm weird. there is now a two step process at net7?

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1353348329' post='66585']
Rod,

1 -> forum account

[/quote]

Thanks Zac your the man! using the "add game account" under mynew name did it. i'm in. now to figure out why this one doesn't work. even though when i log in at net-7 it shows me all my toons

But it did not require me to use a name with a number. Edited by rodsmith

Rod, as they've been trying to explain to you (and they designed it, so they know) the net-7.org password is not the same password stored against your game account. I'm betting that if you enter a GM ticket and get your main account reset you'll be able to login.