Anyone else ready to hunt down and KIll the creator of this line of code?

have been dealing this off and on for two stress tests now. i fix it it comes back...i fix it...it comes back...it fix it it comes back!

well it's back again and i've done everything on the help page. all the little downloads forced updates reset the certificates.... even removed it all and followed the instructions for a clean from scratch install...nothing works.

can anyone help?

i am running windows 7 with sp 1

everything in the default locations

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone got a way to fix this problem. i've tired everything. Only think i can think of is when you do the repair for the inv-300 on the launcher it tells you "certificate for "sunrise.net-7.org" is not valid or not installed install cerficate now?"

unfortunately you never get a notice it's installed and a hd search doesn't find it. anyone know where to get it or where it's hiding?

I f you have done a clean install, done the cert's and so on go in and delete the net 7 proxy file, before you do any updates of any kind. i did and mine works just fine. and last but not least, do the config thing where it shows the pretty ships and tree's and land and all that stuff.

i've done all that montecarlo. except for deleting the proxy file that is.

will start from scratch and try again. but this problem has been around now for years. long past time a programmer took 5 mins and deleted that set of code!

can't possibly be useful since it gives no way to fix the problem.

well that was an exercise in futility! did ANOTHER clean install.

installed client from original disks
used the n7 unifited installed and applied the game update when asked.
installed the 3 certificates manually

deleted the proxy.exe

still getting inv-300

and alternatively "connection to global server failed"

Sad thing is that's part of the client that we can't change. We've done all we can for it, it usually means the auth.ini file didn't get updated during the install or the certs aren't installed. However, we've done all we can do in that regard programming wise.

Star Wars Galaxies EMU had a much larger and more fresh fan base when they first opened their doors as well, plus an iconic IP to sit on (The Star Wars brand).

Don't know the solution to your problem right off though, I am afraid. There's only so many fixes that fix the inv-300 message, and since we can't "delete a line of code" in the client that we don't have the code for, you'll have to just try the steps again for now.

Sorry we can't help more, but we've done all within our power to make this archaic game client work, and honestly we don't receive enough that I would be able to convince programmers to build a new client (not to mention it would take a LONG time).

[quote name='rodsmith' timestamp='1343232779' post='60878']
sad thing is things like this that have this game even after all these years stuck at 100-120 people ...while star wars galaxies emu is running 3000+
[/quote]

You know, because SWG didnt just sunset 8 months ago, whereas this did over 8 YEARS ago.

Tell me how SWG EMU is doing in 8 years, kthx. Not to mention SWGEMU is a buggy piece of horsecrap with less than 75% uptime. Theyve been at it since 2005 when they cried butthurts over NGE, and its still at best in a stress test pre-alpha environment with only about 1/4 of the systems working. And they have about 5 playerwipes scheduled a year. They arent going to retain people for long, they are just enjoying the fallout from the failure of TOR to retain players and the recent closing of live SWG. Nothing more, nothing less.

Please dude, dont compare. Edited by Ryle

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1343258858' post='60888']
Sad thing is that's part of the client that we can't change. We've done all we can for it, it usually means the auth.ini file didn't get updated during the install or the certs aren't installed. However, we've done all we can do in that regard programming wise.

Star Wars Galaxies EMU had a much larger and more fresh fan base when they first opened their doors as well, plus an iconic IP to sit on (The Star Wars brand).

Don't know the solution to your problem right off though, I am afraid. There's only so many fixes that fix the inv-300 message, and since we can't "delete a line of code" in the client that we don't have the code for, you'll have to just try the steps again for now.

Sorry we can't help more, but we've done all within our power to make this archaic game client work, and honestly we don't receive enough that I would be able to convince programmers to build a new client (not to mention it would take a LONG time).
[/quote]

try them again? how about 10 or 20 times if not more if i could the dozen times i've tried them in the last week. wouldn't be so bad if you could fix it and be done with it. NOOOOO i've fixed it i don't know how mnay times ...then suddenly it's back.

as for this!

"We've done all we can for it, it usually means the auth.ini file didn't get updated during the install or the certs aren't installed. However, we've done all we can do in that regard programming wise."

i've done the manual install of the auth.ini file from the zip i've also done the manual install of the certs as well. but for somereason the net-7 launcher demands when i hit the autofix for the "inv-300" the installation of a certificate for the sunrise server but you NEVER get a notice that it's installed when you select YES would help if it at least said SORRY install failed or something. not just nothing. THAT is a programming issue!

went so far as to reformate one of the machines and did a fresh install of win7 plus all the windows updates and then the only thing put on it was this game....still get that retarded inv-300 mesage.

The only reason a certificate cannot be installed on a local machine is typically because of your account's administration rights / permissions. There's nothing we can do in code to supercede that if the system policy or user account is not of a sufficient level to do that.

Try opening auth.ini from your game client folder and pasting in the result, let me see what it says?

If I've offended you it wasn't really my intent but ya know, nothing I can really offer other than to tell you the reasons I do know of why it happens. If you've already tried everything, then I can offer you no more. If we knew more it would be in that guide. If you've got a fix for it that always works, let me know. I'll be willing to incorporate it. :)

i'm not offended Kyp. Mainly just agravated. been a rough month and then get hit with this. every time i think i've fixed it using the install guide. it's back.

went so far before i did what you asked. that i disasbled my firewall and then reinstalled all the certificates.

this is what i get when i open the auth.ini

[General]
AAIBase=AuthLogin
AAIUrl=localhost.net-7.org
LKeyUrl=https://localhost.net-7.org/misc/touchsession.jsp?lkey=%s

Rodsmith:

Looks like maybe a setting thing, mine shows the [color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(51, 51, 51)]AAIUrl=sunrise.net-7.org[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(51, 51, 51)]Show me a screenshot of our launcher window when you open and before you click play.[/background][/font][/color]

• 3 months later...