Adjust ToS,CoC

Heirkusan

I'll just mainly point out the naming rule with numbers. It's cool for a GM to be seen as 'unique', but still violates a rule. Why let a GM break a rule, but where if a player did something as such it's the end of the world. Yea yea, blah blah. They help the server, I'd apply as a GM if half the people act like pricks trying to act superior since they know how to read the rules so forth + age etc, they apparently would have little trust in people.

Oh btw, I check the rules a decent bit. As of right now. There is no rule where it says "GM,Dev's etc' may break the rules to do their 'job' or to alias easier etc.

(I literally log on to do trade runs that's about it, while being tabbed out on things. )

Edit: Here is something to think about, since a GM brought this up a thread of mine. He pretty much said we agree to rules that pop up when we log in everytime. So we should follow them, if you read my other thread since I do not feel like quoting the rules right now. Essentially when you agree to those terms and play the Emu. You already broke 1-2 rules off the bat. In which means theory those rules do not exist, or this server should not exist.

Second thing. The CoC is there, but you don't agree to it? Right, yea. You agree to it on the forums, but when playing the game you don't. So in theory when you play the game there are 'no rules'? Since the rules do always agree to are illegitimate since they are already broken even before you hit the agree button.

I'll just mainly point out the naming rule with numbers. It's cool for a GM to be seen as 'unique', but still violates a rule. Why let a GM break a rule, but where if a player did something as such it's the end of the world. Yea yea, blah blah. They help the server, I'd apply as a GM if half the people act like pricks trying to act superior since they know how to read the rules so forth + age etc, they apparently would have little trust in people.

Oh btw, I check the rules a decent bit. As of right now. There is no rule where it says "GM,Dev's etc' may break the rules to do their 'job' or to alias easier etc.

(I literally log on to do trade runs that's about it, while being tabbed out on things. )

Edit: Here is something to think about, since a GM brought this up a thread of mine. He pretty much said we agree to rules that pop up when we log in everytime. So we should follow them, if you read my other thread since I do not feel like quoting the rules right now. Essentially when you agree to those terms and play the Emu. You already broke 1-2 rules off the bat. In which means theory those rules do not exist, or this server should not exist.

Second thing. The CoC is there, but you don't agree to it? Right, yea. You agree to it on the forums, but when playing the game you don't. So in theory when you play the game there are 'no rules'? Since the rules do always agree to are illegitimate since they are already broken even before you hit the agree button.

The CoC by definition tells you that if you log onto any of Net-7 Entertainment's systems, you're agreeing to it implicitly. If someone doesn't read the rules, well that's on them, when they violate them it doesn't serve as an excuse.

Of course, I do not know to what abuse you're referring to when you're saying GMs broke rules. What rules did they break? How so? Explain further, you can do so in a PM if you wish.

The CoC by definition tells you that if you log onto any of Net-7 Entertainment's systems, you're agreeing to it implicitly. If someone doesn't read the rules, well that's on them, when they violate them it doesn't serve as an excuse.

Of course, I do not know to what abuse you're referring to when you're saying GMs broke rules. What rules did they break? How so? Explain further, you can do so in a PM if you wish.

Read the first line. GM with numbers in names. I'll quote the CoC for you for the rule if you'd like.

Edit: CoC, says in Service of EnB. We are playing 'EnB' is in terms E&A's. If you re-word it to "Service provide by EnB Emu or Net-7 Entertainment" it'd be legit.

Wording in the world is everything.

You're right, wording is everything. Since the CoC is a product of the Board, it trumps all other rule sets. I'll change the EULA once I get my machine running again. :P

I'm glad you did respond instead of my other thread that went un-replied for about 1-2days. Then suddenly had around 10 posts and some were to flame each other. I'm more or less looking to improve things, since I can't do coding. I can at least try to help players, or do things as such as looking at CoC for adjustments so people don't 'loophole' or try to say things like "But the GM is breaking the rule that is unfair" etc.

I'm going to go with this as 'going under the table' with GMs and names etc. Since it says 'General Rules' going to go with there are a bunch of secret rules. Hopefully none harmful to community. :|

Does it currently say in the EuLA that players are not allowed to use numbers in their names? Personally I'd think it to be in bad taste but then I've played games where joe25590 was the common theme, and it just really kills immersion into the game. The P-#### is a Psi construct used by InfinitiCorp for "naming" the psis. Basically like the department of corrections in your local municipality or state assigns a number to you after you go to jail.

I suppose if I could have the problem presented that it causes for the GMs to use this something might change, but I don't necessarily understand. Are there players that want to use numbers in their names? If so why? This in my opinion would lead to impersonation, whereas for the GMs its used simply to allow them anonymity to do their jobs and not be harassed by players about their problems when they're not doing the GM thing.

Does it currently say in the EuLA that players are not allowed to use numbers in their names? Personally I'd think it to be in bad taste but then I've played games where joe25590 was the common theme, and it just really kills immersion into the game. The P-#### is a Psi construct used by InfinitiCorp for "naming" the psis. Basically like the department of corrections in your local municipality or state assigns a number to you after you go to jail.

I suppose if I could have the problem presented that it causes for the GMs to use this something might change, but I don't necessarily understand. Are there players that want to use numbers in their names? If so why? This in my opinion would lead to impersonation, whereas for the GMs its used simply to allow them anonymity to do their jobs and not be harassed by players about their problems when they're not doing the GM thing.

Currently going by CoC posted by AF_Vet. I ignore the first thing that pops due to well, Some of the rules destroy the purpose of the Emu. Rule 16?14? I believe on it.

The CoC is https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/64-rules-to-abide-by/page__p__25__hl__Terms%20of%20Service__fromsearch__1entry25

I'm fine with GMs with numbers in and players not for anonymous etc, but would be nice to have a disclaimer such as "Rules may be bent by Net-7 employees in which calls for testing or to allow anonymity when play their normal character, account." <- Some like that. Since if there isn't something like that. Then in which if a GM uses numbers. They are breaking the rules still since it's not stated anyway they are allowed to do that such forth. Same with 'not exploiting bugs' GMs/Betas might try to reproduce bugs/exploits to see how to possibly fix such bug/exploit, but still could be considered 'abusing' since they are trying to use, though for non-purposely gain, but still might allow them to gain something. (Such as being dupe a quest or bug weapons(<3Macro) for exp + advantage so forth)

Edit: I believe of the # GM's P##### etc. One did have a . in it. P#.#### I'm not sure as I don't have a screenshot of that etc. In which players might not enjoy numbers, but possible symbols(I'm not a fan of them myself besides FPS's for clan tags.)

I hadn't really thought of that particular rule, but yeah H is right.

To be meaningful, rules must be four things:

1. Precise.

2. Necessary.

3. Fair.

4. Short.

Various things in the ToS are already redundant, easily bent, already broken, or pointless--and the whole thing is too long.

I really don't understand why they just copied EA's EULA. It would be better for everyone if they just rewrote the thing from scratch--and made it 1/4 as long as it is. I would be happy to volunteer for this and propose a new ToS; I've done it for any number of websites in the past. *shrug*

Also i am not sure if you guys thought about it but i am sure some ppl might get the idea later to sell there accounts/items for real cash.

And i am not quite sure if you guys want that to give it a OK or not.

However incase its not OK i think the rule below might need to be adjusted too.

5) With the exception of in game sales of in game items, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) on the The Earth & Beyond Emulator Service or any Earth & Beyond Emulator Web Sites.

The way i read it doesnt say anything regarding that you cant sell in game items for real cash.

Only reason i mention this i have seen ppl try to sell there characters/items on some WoW Emu server and for some F2P MMoRPGs.

Also i am not sure if you guys thought about it but i am sure some ppl might get the idea later to sell there accounts/items for real cash.

And i am not quite sure if you guys want that to give it a OK or not.

However incase its not OK i think the rule below might need to be adjusted too.

5) With the exception of in game sales of in game items, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) on the The Earth & Beyond Emulator Service or any Earth & Beyond Emulator Web Sites.

The way i read it doesnt say anything regarding that you cant sell in game items for real cash.

Only reason i mention this i have seen ppl try to sell there characters/items on some WoW Emu server and for some F2P MMoRPGs.

Happens a lot, On this Emu not sure about, since easy to level/get items. That rule isn't very, the word is 100% to the point. Example of a rule like this is: "Right to bear arms." <- Well, there are some things that might need to be looked at there etc(Which has been.)

Solicitation is a big word. It means asking/begging. Pretty much about 80-90% (A guess) would have to google/bing/search engine that word.

Re-defining the rule.

5) With the exception of in game sales of in game items, you may not market, promote, or advertise anything, or make any other form of agreement (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) on any circumstance that involves outside of the game system such as real currency, real items, or trading a item from one game to this game.

^- Might could be re-worded with 'fancy' words, but gets the drift, also Mneme(hopefully spelled it right.) I completely ignore the EA Eula which comes up that you agree to. Since in which the forum has a CoC that you should follow because EA's pretty much says this game should not exist so it voids itself pretty much when you play the Emulator. I have a link to it in a previous post. (AFVet) HGM posted it.

Disclaimer: (FOR NOW THAT I KNOW OF, Af_Vet's post of the CoC are 'the rules.')

Happens a lot, On this Emu not sure about, since easy to level/get items. That rule isn't very, the word is 100% to the point. Example of a rule like this is: "Right to bear arms." <- Well, there are some things that might need to be looked at there etc(Which has been.)

Solicitation is a big word. It means asking/begging. Pretty much about 80-90% (A guess) would have to google/bing/search engine that word.

Re-defining the rule.

5) With the exception of in game sales of in game items, you may not market, promote, or advertise anything, or make any other form of agreement (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) on any circumstance that involves outside of the game system such as real currency, real items, or trading a item from one game to this game.

^- Might could be re-worded with 'fancy' words, but gets the drift, also Mneme(hopefully spelled it right.) I completely ignore the EA Eula which comes up that you agree to. Since in which the forum has a CoC that you should follow because EA's pretty much says this game should not exist so it voids itself pretty much when you play the Emulator. I have a link to it in a previous post. (AFVet) HGM posted it.

Disclaimer: (FOR NOW THAT I KNOW OF, Af_Vet's post of the CoC are 'the rules.')

The code of conduct posted as an announcement over all forums (at the top, by me) are "the rules", the GM rules are a subset of those, if they conflict with the overall code of conduct, then the overall code of conduct trumps them because they were drafted and implemented by the Board of Directors of the Net-7 Entertainment group. I don't think we covered anything about naming rules in them though. In regards to the earlier post about beta testers "exploiting" bugs, as long as they are doing so for testing to tell us how it works, that's fine. If they start using them for their own purposes, then they have crossed the line and would be dealt with by the Beta Director.

The code of conduct posted as an announcement over all forums (at the top, by me) are "the rules", the GM rules are a subset of those, if they conflict with the overall code of conduct, then the overall code of conduct trumps them because they were drafted and implemented by the Board of Directors of the Net-7 Entertainment group. I don't think we covered anything about naming rules in them though. In regards to the earlier post about beta testers "exploiting" bugs, as long as they are doing so for testing to tell us how it works, that's fine. If they start using them for their own purposes, then they have crossed the line and would be dealt with by the Beta Director.

Ah, I remember why I don't have that bookmarked etc. Pretty much on 5 computers I've used. 2 with Vista, 3 XP. All using Notepad/Office/Open Office. I have not managed to open the file. With Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet explorer. Saving and opening. The text is a bunch of numbers and alignment symbols and so forth. I do not know if anyone else has had this trouble, Oh I would of responded quicker, but I played like 7 hours of my PSP on this one game then Practice tennis sorta.

Edit: If a Admin,GM,Beta,Dev etc. Mind sending me it in text through a PM would be great. I looked up .pdf (Which is what the file is in) Pretty much I tried some stuff, nothing worked still a bunch of random symbols/numbers.

Here you go, Adobe Reader

This will enable you to open any PDF.

I think that is default download on any computer. As I said I googled it and tried things. That was on top of course, but sadly had it. Tried it, no results. That's why I hate why there are some many different .file saves. I mean can't the internet just keep it simple.

Edit: Friend was able to load it, he sent me the text. So I can see it, he said it had a bunch of logos on it, but I don't really need to see that.

Edit2: Pretty much looks like the file is mainly for 'employees' of Net-7 with exception of 16 rules for players. Since that's what the rules are registered under. Which are 'very very' similar to one's in AF_Vet's post.

Yes, the team apparently just copy-pasted EA's rules and then tweaked them a little. (Maybe they didn't even do that, didn't compare closely.)

is that true? I mean EA prob copyrighted there tos and such... just saying...