New Trade Job Idea For Level 105

Should we have Prisoner Execution Runs?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have executioner jobs?

• Yes! Let's space those prisoner scumbags!
    • No! It offends me to kill hardened convicts. I'd rather kill innocent bio-forms in space.

Hey everyone,

I have a new trade job idea for level 105 or so.

It's real simple: instead of Prisoner Delivery to Detention Center, you do a Prisoner Execution. Pick them up in a capsule at Detention Center, and fly to Glory's Orbit close to the sun. Then you space'em. Add a "Wilhelm Scream" in there for good measure (it's open source!).

You'll be helping as a deputized executioner to clean up the scum of the system and you can take out your revenge on all the baddies who beat you up in school or tortured puppies when they were young! =D

Yes, it's a serious idea! I think it's a great run and a great cause. After all, some of those RD guys in there must have done horrible things and I would love to space'em for trade XP! Or you can make it an explore job to give you both explore AND trade! =)

Note: I'd have done VT sun as it's hotter, but it's too easy to get to for obvious reasons. So Glory's Orbit it is!

Please let me know what you think of my awesome new Job idea and sound off if you think it's a good one! =D
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1342797995' post='60676']
Prisoner missions to anywhere but onorom for a change would be nice
[/quote]

The Jenquai have a prison in the Castor system, but the sector it's in isn't open yet. Androzari Reflection Center in Menorb. Whenever Menorb is open that could be another destination for prisoners. Menorb has been open in the past, ST3 I think.

how about reverse prisoners, pick up at DCO and take them to their Freedom or to another station for court, and returns, if they need further treatment.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting how Menorb is open and one can do station transfers from onorom to menorb now via a mission

I see i see

I wanna take prisoners to the aragoth prime star tho. Would be noice. burn baby burn.

Really? Of all the possible trade jobs you want to space people into a star and receive trade xp for it? What trade xp would their be in this as you would not be transporting anything or making anything? Personally I would believe that executions would no longer be needed with unlimited resources and space (such as exists in EnB). Additionally I find it kind of offensive that people would be killed by being dropped into a star. Being burned alive would in no way be considered a painless way to die.

How about trading sex slaves, bio weapons, or destroying a system's star/annihilating all life in a system? That would be some killer 'trade xp' too. Edited by Crichton

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1343621998' post='61144']
Really? Of all the possible trade jobs you want to space people into a star and receive trade xp for it?
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]What trade xp would their be in this as you would not be transporting anything or making anything?[/quote]

I believe I did say it would be exploration, as it's similar to transporting and deploying satellites.

[quote]Personally I would believe that executions would no longer be needed with unlimited resources and space (such as exists in EnB).[/quote]

So why do you carry guns on your ship and fight pirates who want to steal your stuff?

[quote]Additionally I find it kind of offensive that people would be killed by being dropped into a star. Being burned alive would in no way be considered a painless way to die.[/quote]

I find this absolutely hilarious. How many ship fires did you start before blowing them up on Chavez, miners, or other things? How many innocent bio-forms did you execute simply to kill them for their parts, when they appear to be as intelligent as dolphins? You mean to tell me that the only thing you've massacred for parts, loot, and XP are drones and things which attacked you first?

[quote]How about trading sex slaves, bio weapons, or destroying a system's star/annihilating all life in a system? That would be some killer 'trade xp' too.
[/quote]

One thing at a time. I haven't had my breakfast or coffee yet.
  • Upvote 1

LOL trying to use real life beliefs in a killing game thats funny, no disrespect Crichton but you have to admit the replys to your 'quoted' statements make a lot of sense
Nice responses Savanna, saved me typing a reply, and I think we do trade bio weapons from a vendor somewhere

well ... I guess it would be a very symbolic way of executing somebody - every man and every woman is a star - from the stars we come (literally, every molecule/atom in your body other than the hydrogen is from an exploding star), it would be returning to the source kind of.

I would imagine it would be a pretty quick way to go too. Is it worse than delivering the prisoners to DCO to be put on that torture chair?

But, to be honest I hadn't really thought about the ethics. Maybe it's a job that only comes up very occasionally. Maybe it's not really appropriate.

Perhaps, rather than dropping prisoners into the stars we could be fulfilling wishes of people to have their ashes scattered into a star? Maybe the ashes of war criminals after they've been tortured to death at DCO?

Hmm. These and other questions I'll leave you guys to ponder ...

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1343628716' post='61147']
well ... I guess it would be a very symbolic way of executing somebody - every man and every woman is a star - from the stars we come (literally, every molecule/atom in your body other than the hydrogen is from an exploding star), it would be returning to the source kind of.
[/quote]

Don't get all Carl Sagan on me - I'm still drinking my coffee. =)

[quote]
I would imagine it would be a pretty quick way to go too. Is it worse than delivering the prisoners to DCO to be put on that torture chair?
[/quote]

Or how about being acid-burned alive by chem ammo or plasma before being blown up in space? Let's face it: we're all *guilty*! =)

[quote]
But, to be honest I hadn't really thought about the ethics. Maybe it's a job that only comes up very occasionally. Maybe it's not really appropriate.
[/quote]

RE: Appropriate. See above. We've all killed tens of thousands of things on each "toon". Admit it: we're killers. =)

[quote]
Perhaps, rather than dropping prisoners into the stars we could be fulfilling wishes of people to have their ashes scattered into a star? Maybe the ashes of war criminals after they've been tortured to death at DCO?
[/quote]

Scattering ashes is fun, but....nah. You know why? Because I want something with the Wilhelm scream. When you launch a pod into the sun, you should get a Wilhelm as an added bonus. And as thousands of prisoners are taken to Onorom each day, it should be a regular job! I don't see anything wrong with it. Seriously, we go around massacring miners, free spacers, red dragons, chavez, zen's - you name it, we've killed it. We all have. Over and over again. How on earth (and beyond!) is this any different? It isn't, I'm sorry to say. So let's have it.

For those unfamiliar with a Wilhelm, it's the most famous scream of all (really!). Read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

And you can listen to it here: http://www.freesound.org/people/Syna-Max/sounds/64940/

[quote]
Hmm. These and other questions I'll leave you guys to ponder ...
[/quote]

I hope that I've answered your questions. =)

P.S.

RE: Spa

[quote][color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(51, 51, 51)]Nice responses Savanna, saved me typing a reply, and I think we do trade bio weapons from a vendor somewhere[/quote][/background][/font][/color]

[color=#D3D3D3][font=Helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(51, 51, 51)]Thank you! =) And yes, I thought so too but I can't remember from where.[/background][/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
How about picking up Llamas from one station, prisoners from another and then delivering them all to a third location for the "Running of the llamas"!

Location site could also tie this into the gambling scene where folks can bet on winners: very low profit on llamas, better for prisoner number x Edited by Xulei
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Xulei' timestamp='1345248779' post='61892']
How about picking up Llamas from one station, prisoners from another and then delivering them all to a third location for the "Running of the llamas"!

Location site could also tie this into the gambling scene where folks can bet on winners: very low profit on llamas, better for prisoner number x
[/quote]

Id like to have some of what hes having.