Build From Vault

I appologize if this has been mentioned before (couldn't find it on the current forums), but I believe during Live it was possible to have all the necessary comps needed for a build in your vault, rather then your active inventory for building.

This was especially nice for building ammo, where I usually buy a stack of the necessary components and then build my ammo as needed. Would it possible to enable this in the emu as well?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not remember this from live - it is why ammo building was an absolute pain.

It is a good idea nonetheless which has been suggested before here, it just has not had it's own thread yet.

I also don't remember this being in live, but I think it's a good idea and it makes a lot of sense. After all, why would you need to move your comps to your ship's hold to build something at a station?

I also don't remember this being in live, but I think it's a good idea and it makes a lot of sense. After all, why would you need to move your comps to your ship's hold to build something at a station?

One consideration is how will the build term determine which comps to choose when there are duplicates of PM and non-PM? Sometimes when you are building you are going to prefer to use the PM comps - would suck to be building a Lvl 9 Whoozit and have it choose the looted comps. On the other hand sometimes you are NOT going to want it to choose the looted comps because you were saving them for somebody - oh, Dang, I HAD a looted MX Surge Stitcher but I just used it in a build by accident, sorry guildie! Either way, ppl will find something to get ticked off about.

It's not perfect the way it is, sure, but really - how danged hard is it to right click on 3 or 4 stacks of comps to xfer them from your vault to your hold and then back again?

Just another data point.

One consideration is how will the build term determine which comps to choose when there are duplicates of PM and non-PM? Sometimes when you are building you are going to prefer to use the PM comps - would suck to be building a Lvl 9 Whoozit and have it choose the looted comps. On the other hand sometimes you are NOT going to want it to choose the looted comps because you were saving them for somebody - oh, Dang, I HAD a looted MX Surge Stitcher but I just used it in a build by accident, sorry guildie! Either way, ppl will find something to get ticked off about.

It's not perfect the way it is, sure, but really - how danged hard is it to right click on 3 or 4 stacks of comps to xfer them from your vault to your hold and then back again?

Just another data point.

That is a good point. I hadn't really considered that.

I do not see how it will be tricker than anything we are used to right now.

Like your inventory the first items are automatically selected from your vault to make the build.

So if you have the same PM and non-PM comp in your vault be sure to place the one you do not want to get used behind.

I do not see how it will be tricker than anything we are used to right now.

Like your inventory the first items are automatically selected from your vault to make the build.

So if you have the same PM and non-PM comp in your vault be sure to place the one you do not want to get used behind.

Of course everyone is different . . . but for me, I keep a ton of stuff in my vault. And I sort it - the sort options in the vault are somewhat limited (same for hold) - what is the default sort order of PM vs non-PM? As of late I recall that simply having PM and non-PM items in your vault even messed with the auto-stack that should occur of like items when doing a sort.

I find it pretty easy to KNOW that the components being used for a build are the ones in my hold - and no others. Like it was in Live, contrary to other info posted here.

And, again, is someone saying it's really HARD to right click on 3 to 4 stacks of stuff?

I find it pretty easy to KNOW that the components being used for a build are the ones in my hold - and no others. Like it was in Live, contrary to other info posted here.

It sounds like there is an easy fix for that. Components in your hold should take precedence over those in your vault.

That way if a person prefers the old way then by all means; put them in your hold first.

It sounds like there is an easy fix for that. Components in your hold should take precedence over those in your vault.

That way if a person prefers the old way then by all means; put them in your hold first.

Bolded that to draw attention to something. :)

• 1 month later...

FWIW in live it started off requiring that components be in hold for manufacturing items and ammo. Sometime during live they patched in a change that allowed components to be taken from vault during manufacture. Of course you had to be in a station for vault access - only mention this because Sentinels could manufacture ammo using a special device and they had to have components in hold as it could only be used in space.

The Sentinels device was a reward from the capital construction project in Mars. It was expensive to use for a reason I can't recall.

While it would be nice to have components taken from vault how it works now can be worked with.

In time I'm sure I'll stop gnashing my teeth when I manufacture anything and remember to shuffle components to hold.

:(

And, again, is someone saying it's really HARD to right click on 3 to 4 stacks of stuff?

Not espcially hard, no.... but tiresome if you are making huge stacks of ammo of different types and need to continually reshuffle things to make room for an ammo recipe like Plasma Ballista Pellets that have four or five comps.

If I had the ability to free up those five slots, that's more ammo I can make at a shot before trading it to another player

Even more awesome though, would be the ability to build multiple stacks of ammo,like miners refine multiple stacks of ore.

i would like this option. its a hassle to constantly move comps back and forth.

here again, the more advanced players always know what should be in hold at any time.

i think it would be great if i could walk up to a terminal, open build list,select an item, if all nessesary is available then build, if not, then tell me whats missing(maybe even where to get it, or state Loot Only)

nice!

for the lazy TT :(

The Sentinels device was a reward from the capital construction project in Mars. It was expensive to use for a reason I can't recall.

It was a trade off for the PS. Build your own ammo for a really expensive price or pester someone else to build it for you - if you could even find a person to build them. And if I remember correctly, you could only build Archos plasma rounds using special comps (which were the expensive part - I remember buying a stack of the comps and realizing that I just spent like 200M to get them). The even bigger trade off was that I think the ammo actually did slightly less damage, but it's only a little thing in the back of my head, I'm not certain on that.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I think the current formula is if you try to build something and you have more than one of the comp in different slots in your hold, it takes the higher percentage one first. (Example: build a lvl 4 xbow, have 2 lvl 3 xbows in your hold, one looted 100%, the other a PM 200%, I'm almost positive it takes the 200% one first) I would assume it would follow this same formula for pulling regular comps out of your vault if you have some looted and some PM.

Of course it might actually just take whatever is closest to the first spot in your hold.

Edited by Grendwal

• 1 month later...

Something I would like to see is not so much using components from your vault to build an item but being able to build components using the ORE in your vault. I tend to break things down to their base components and re-build them from the ground up. For the higher level items I build it makes it easier to build something at 200%. It ends up being a pain in the butt if I am trying to build something and I have to keep going into my hold and trying to figure out which ores are in my vault and which ones aren't. If there was a way to have the ores automatically taken out of your hold to build a component that would be awesome! I can understand if it can't be...just a suggestion. :)

Something I would like to see is not so much using components from your vault to build an item but being able to build components using the ORE in your vault. I tend to break things down to their base components and re-build them from the ground up. For the higher level items I build it makes it easier to build something at 200%. It ends up being a pain in the butt if I am trying to build something and I have to keep going into my hold and trying to figure out which ores are in my vault and which ones aren't. If there was a way to have the ores automatically taken out of your hold to build a component that would be awesome! I can understand if it can't be...just a suggestion. :)

I realize I will get accused of being lazy here... but I would like to see this idea on an account level... so I dont have to goto my ore alt to get the ores in the first place :)

I realize I will get accused of being lazy here... but I would like to see this idea on an account level... so I dont have to goto my ore alt to get the ores in the first place :P

I'd like to have an account-wide vault, but that would be a hell of a thing to pull off without being able to change the client.

• 6 months later...

I'll bet there's some reason why this isn't already done, but after searching the forums I found nothing, so here it is.

It never made sense to me that the terminals and vendors used the ship inventory instead of the station vault. The terms are in the station, not my ship, right? If anything, I'd expect to have to move things from the ship to the station vault before they'd show up in a term.

So that's the suggestion. And of course, it'd be hella convenient for all building activities were it possible.

I'll bet there's some reason why this isn't already done, but after searching the forums I found nothing, so here it is.

It never made sense to me that the terminals and vendors used the ship inventory instead of the station vault. The terms are in the station, not my ship, right? If anything, I'd expect to have to move things from the ship to the station vault before they'd show up in a term.

So that's the suggestion. And of course, it'd be hella convenient for all building activities were it possible.

Moved your post into the old thread about this. I'm surprised it's been this long since we've talked about building from vaults.

Moved your post into the old thread about this. I'm surprised it's been this long since we've talked about building from vaults.

Thanks Cdel. I'm amazed nobody used the word "terminal" in any post lol.

Anyways, I read some of the negatives like trying to tell the term which stack to use first to save printable items. I see how staging thing through the ship inventory helps that, but I also see how just putting the one you want to use first is effective too.

So I thought I'd add to the suggestion - instead of making it an either - or situation, make it "both" with the ship inventory read first and the vault inventory read second. For people who'd rather use the ship inv, that preserves the same method of putting the comps you want to use in the ship inventory, and for people like me who stockpile random comps in the vault, it allows us to run up to the term instead of fishing around in the vault for the right comps (which share icons and levels with wrong comps, thereby making it an annoying chore :).

I'll also throw in letting the vendor window see into your vault too, so you know if you've got a matching comp in your vault.

I'll also throw in letting the vendor window see into your vault too, so you know if you've got a matching comp in your vault.

What do you mean? The vendor windows already tell you how much of something you have, even if its in your vault, right?