Whitting And Skofnung Set?

Wasn't there a set bonus for the Skofnung and Whitting beams in live? Not sure if there was/is. I remember JD's used the set back in the day and for some reason I thought it was because of a set bonus(lets face it, the delay and DPS is not ideal).

EDIT: Wow...guess either no one remembers or no one visits the jenpie forums anymore...1 week and not so much as a "I dunno". Edited by Reon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I was wondering if I was remembering correctly. I was thinking that back in the day, there was a bonus that made the set comparable DPS to using 4 second delay beams and combat cloak. There was debate on it because the numbers were very close as far as DPS...I can't remember now though what the bonus was, just that it needed the matched set, and that it was a decent enough buff to make the pair worth using at the loss of sustained combat cloak due to the 1 second delay on witting.

There wasn't a set bonus, however there was a complimentary buff. Before the Ivory Ward came in, there were very limited multi resist buffs items. Those 2 beams were a way to get 2 resist buffs without eating a device slot. The beams were just Meh on DPS however in comparison to PMed beams of a like level, and only got close to the DPS if they were top notch in Q%. Once Ivory Ward came in they were considered vendor trash as almost everything vindis/erenjar became, with the few exceptions of ghost ship drops for stack wep turbo etc.

Niff drops were decent early, but never got tweeked as game progressed and was overshadowed by newer gear/content. Other than ghostship drops almost everything in niff was just leveling fodder (exception was the fartcannons around modi moons, they had the tier recipes for type A's and Bertha MLs)