Install EnB from scratch Instructions Rev 7/22/2010

Greetings fellow pilots,

I'm attempting to download and install the game the went to download the client patch and was faced with a lovely 404 error file not found. help please am i missing something?

-=EDIT=-
Figured it out didn't realize that the net-7 didn't auto setup the acct when i created the forum account. Edited by kohrah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Register.Fail :(
[quote name='RadicalRick' timestamp='1307281091' post='41717']
Yeah cant register either get this message;

[list]
[*]Forum Name: RadicalRick
[*]Forum user not found
[*]User not added
[/list]
[/quote]
Same here :) and there I was wanting to play E&B again.

Guest Erichte
Cannot create an account either. I've tried several e-mail addresses. :) I just quit Eve and need me some space! I actually played both Eve and E&B till they shut the server down.

• 3 weeks later...
This is my first time playing too but I figured that problem easily:
Before going registering to net7, register in the forums first, then register in net7 with the same info you use for the forums.

That part was easy to figure out but my problem is, why doesn't the net7 client app doesn't launch properly

Just to say guys if you go to Net-7.org to get the downloads when you get done installing everything and get done updating the launcher if you're showing an old launcher just go up to launcher and click on reset updates what that will do is reset all of your updates even the one for the launcher its self to where you get the most reacent one which per this post is V1.9.9 and will allow you in.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Squall' timestamp='1311528607' post='43585']
I try to register and it requires me to have a forum name... But there is no way to register with this forum?
[/quote]

Are you sure about that? Not sure why you would say that when the link shown on this images says otherwise.

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/cygni61/register-now.jpg[/img]

I hate to be the one asking for this, but can we get an IP ban on Guest_dakLekHoreoksRor_* his spam is gettign annoying.

[quote name='Cerberus738' timestamp='1311781409' post='43701']
Guests can post? That doesn't seem right
[/quote]

Actually it makes perfect sense. How could we help someone having issues registering if guest could not post?

But this guys spam in Russian is getting annoying. I also suspect it is spam that is way more adult than this forum allows. Edited by Riz

[quote name='Riz' timestamp='1311828085' post='43721']
But this guys spam in Russian is getting annoying. I also suspect it is spam that is way more adult than this forum allows.
[/quote]

Translated with Babel Fish, and it would seem you are correct, way more adult than this forum allows

[quote name='Cerberus738' timestamp='1311781409' post='43701']
Guests can post? That doesn't seem right
[/quote]

They can ONLY in this forum. It's intentional in case anyone has technical problems entering the game. I think our best bet is to simply remove posting rights and let them read only here, and hereafter they'll have to register since I cannot see the person's posts anymore and being a guest account that'd be the only way for me to perform any kind of IP block.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1311972002' post='43797']
They can ONLY in this forum. It's intentional in case anyone has technical problems entering the game. I think our best bet is to simply remove posting rights and let them read only here, and hereafter they'll have to register since I cannot see the person's posts anymore and being a guest account that'd be the only way for me to perform any kind of IP block.
[/quote]
I Have the IP Address if you need it. Attached to the convo had with Slayer about it.

Rolo

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1312037309' post='43813']
I have added it to the ban filter and restored guest posting access, please be sure to report anyone else posting junk like that.
[/quote]

will do Kyp, I check the forums for new posts every morning and most evenings even if I don't have time to play that day, as I'm sure a lot of others do too.

[quote name='Avani' timestamp='1264011928' post='4093']
Revised 2010-07-22

here are the install instructions I used... of course you need to dl the files from the [url="http://net-7.org?page=downloads"]download section[/url]
Please make sure you are an Administrator of your machine and you have got ALL the latest windows updates, including service pack 3 (winxp) and dot net 3.5. [url="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en"]dotnet3.5 Link Here[/url]

Look for enb files here
http://www.net-7.org?page=downloads

1. Download the [u]EnB Game Client[/u] and install it:

2. Download the [u]EnB client patch[/u] and install it:

3. REMOVE any previous versions of Net7 Multiplayer

4. Download and install the [u]Net7 Setup[/u]:

5. Go to the Net-7 website to Register: http://www.net-7.org/index.php

6. Check your Email Inbox for the activation Link and activate your account

6a. Once you have your first account activated you can make upto a total of 3 accounts using the same email address (but different login name) by going back to step 5.

7. Run the Net7 tool from Start - Program Files-EA GAMES - Earth & Beyond - Net7 Config

7a. Hit test performance button on Net7 config tool and click ok when the test is complete

8. Run C:\Net7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe or click the LaunchNet7 icon from your desktop

If you are running vista or above make sure you run the game as Admin.

If you have followed the above instructions, but the game isn't working (crash-to-desktop (CTD) on login, or you see an INV-300 error), the [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/"]technical support page[/url] lists the most common solutions.

[b]If you want to try one of the 3 classes not in live, install the [u]Character and Starship Creator[/u] and do this...[/b]

Right click the shortcut to the Character and Starship Creator, go to properties. You should see a "target path" on the general tab. Go to the end of what's in that box after the quotes and type a single space, then:

-noclassrestrictions

then click apply and ok. After that, use that shortcut to start your character creator and you should be set.
[/quote]