Install EnB from scratch Instructions Rev 7/22/2010

sry for all the posts. not sure what u need to see on my end. my bf said u might want this screen shot. hope it helps.[attachment=846:e&b.jpg]

after going thru more posts and trying a bunch of random unrelated problem solvers (even tho my registration had gone thru and i had previously logged into net7)i reregistered with net7 and i got past login! ;) again thanks and sry for so many posts. didnt see the edit button ;) early enough. Edited by tamara

look i have DL everything from the website.. got it all sitting on my desktop.. planned on installing it all as the instructions dictate... everytime i initialize the install of the client it tells me i need a beta key of sorts from file planet .com ...asks if i have internet access.. im on and running.. i click yes... then "http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx" "application not found" WTF!!!!!!

someone help.... im an old school EnB gamer from the very beginning .. never knew this existed and was stoked till this happened...

For god sakes ill pay the operating costs myself monthly to get this working !!!....

PLEASE!!!

hey man, just close the browser, disregard that junk. it's from the day when you really did need a beta key. the game is still loading in the background. let it run. when you update the program all that will be taken care of...

[quote name='Hayabusta' timestamp='1302063747' post='38339']

look i have DL everything from the website.. got it all sitting on my desktop.. planned on installing it all as the instructions dictate... everytime i initialize the install of the client it tells me i need a beta key of sorts from file planet .com ...asks if i have internet access.. im on and running.. i click yes... then "http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx" "application not found" WTF!!!!!!

someone help.... im an old school EnB gamer from the very beginning .. never knew this existed and was stoked till this happened...

For god sakes ill pay the operating costs myself monthly to get this working !!!....

PLEASE!!!
[/quote]

Hrm... It seems that I have the same problem, except my computer gets an unhandled exception whenever I attempt to update my game client, any ideas?

Unhandles exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quite, the application will close immediately.

InvalidArgument=Value of '5' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index

VDetails below.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '5' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.ListViewSubItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.DoDisplayUpdateReport()
at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.FormUpdateReport_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3615 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LaunchNet7
Assembly Version: 1.9.9.11
Win32 Version: 1.9.9.11
CodeBase: file:///C:/NET7/bin/LaunchNet7.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box. Edited by Drakkletannon

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1302693408' post='39009']
What happens if you click continue?
[/quote]
Corrupts the patch and it doesn't detect it, if I press quit I have to restart the whole thing.
If there's a manual patch, I'll get on that in an instant.

Guest MikeKendall
ok, this is saying my name i choose for the forum name doesn't exist in the forum and won't create a user with that name. i'm not sure why, but i'm just trying this

OK< I deleted everything to start from scratch, or thought I did 1st time running game my char name came up in the login screen - not balsto's-. Anywho same as before, 1st attempt I get into the game, any further attempts it crashes after Megan.
Ill try all the compatability and admin things but it seems darn odd to work the 1st shot then crash after that.

"TCP connection on port 3805 was reset" is the message displayed in the Net7 Proxy

made a 2nd account, new account CTD after login also with error "TCP connection on port 3805 was reset"

If the game will play on other systems running Win7 then Im left to belive something is differant with my system correct? How do I figure out what that would be? C Del has in a number of diff posts that he belives it is a compatability issue. Is the login screen part of E&B? If so what is differant from the char selection portion? Could it be the Vid card? Sorry for rambling here, its just frustrating to get a "New and improved" computer to solve issues yet create other issues just as bad :(

[IMG]http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Mousejockey_pics/Capture.png[/IMG] Edited by Red

Hi all

I have gone through all the steps to downlaod and install everything, I launch Net7 and continue to have a offline status, I went to the Q&A section and it says to go to Internet Options then Connection the click on the LAN settings and check the box to Auto detect ..... I have done all that as well and am still getting a OFFLINE status ..... any idea what next to do or am I just out of luck ? Edited by xdeathcomesx

[quote name='Desolator' timestamp='1303852573' post='39804']
I am having the same issue, all the download thing gives me is unable to select database
[/quote]
It works for me, click the little blue box in the link colom then the D/L agreement pops up, check agree box and then the D/L box under it Edited by Red

Guest Shilo
[quote name='Red' timestamp='1303869812' post='39841']
It works for me, click the little blue box in the link colom then the D/L agreement pops up, check agree box and then the D/L box under it
[/quote]

I don't even get that.

Okay, so I downloaded the client and the patch thing, installed both. Installed Net-7. Net-7 is updating the game client. Is the game executable e&b.exe? I tried using that and it's been updating the client for well over 2 hours now.. Is this normal? Edited by Hulkklogan

[quote name='Hulkklogan' timestamp='1304793512' post='40354']
Okay, so I downloaded the client and the patch thing, installed both. Installed Net-7. Net-7 is updating the game client. Is the game executable e&b.exe? I tried using that and it's been updating the client for well over 2 hours now.. Is this normal?
[/quote]

Nevermind, I uninstalled and reinstalled E&B into the default location instead of a custom folder and it patched correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Koglos
The whole thing worked for me. I'm running on Windows 7 and didn't have any problems... downloading and installing anyway. I got all the way to character creation and server select. I clicked the only server and play, but I keep freezing at that star map thing. Anyone know what's going on?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Avani' timestamp='1264011928' post='4093']

[b]If you want to try one of the 3 classes not in live, install the [u]Character and Starship Creator[/u] and do this...[/b]

Right click the shortcut to the Character and Starship Creator, go to properties. You should see a "target path" on the general tab. Go to the end of what's in that box after the quotes and type a single space, then:

-noclassrestrictions

then click apply and ok. After that, use that shortcut to start your character creator and you should be set.
[/quote]

i got the 3 extra characters working but can't see how to name them? am i missing something here??
I just made a TE and wanted to call her "foxy" (named her ship "The Flying Fox") but now she's just called character 4!!

** its ok was me being dense, u name them in game lol** Edited by BrixunMortar

[quote name='sythrael' timestamp='1264402652' post='5195']
This didn't work for me... I'm most likely missing something, but I double checked, and nothing doing for the extra 3 toon options.
[/quote]

I couldn't get this to work either.. Hmm

Guest FunkatronX
[quote name='Avani' timestamp='1266679553' post='9178']
I upgraded to Win7 64-bit about 2 weeks ago and the instructions worked...

goto the link in [url="http://www.net-7.org/index.php"]Step 5[/url] and when you get there click Register.
[/quote]
how come it wont let me register?

• 2 weeks later...