Install EnB from scratch Instructions Rev 7/22/2010

Guest mike

ok..... so how do i go about downloading this game. i have little exp doin comp stuff. is there a link that i use to begin download of all the information? as i have looked pretty well all over this website as was directed from a friend that plays and found nothing. pls assist. <3 ty

• 1 month later...

Is there anything I need to do to my hosts file? The net-7 launcher simply refuses to even try to connect.

What do you mean? At what point does it fail? Does it not connect for updates? Does it show the server offline? When you hit "play", what happens?

What do you mean? At what point does it fail? Does it not connect for updates? Does it show the server offline? When you hit "play", what happens?

The launcher opens and the download progress bar fills instantly. It shows the server offline and when I hit play the dos window opens and seems to try to connect but always fails. Says it's the wrong version.

Download the latest version of the Launcher here:

http://patch.net-7.org/Net7/Files/bin/LaunchNet7.exe

Download that file and overwrite "LaunchNet7.exe" in you C:\Net7\bin folder with it. That might help fix your problem. You might want to do the same with net7proxy.exe:

http://patch.net-7.org/Net7/Files/bin/net7proxy.exe

Download the latest version of the Launcher here:

http://patch.net-7.org/Net7/Files/bin/LaunchNet7.exe

Download that file and overwrite "LaunchNet7.exe" in you C:\Net7\bin folder with it. That might help fix your problem. You might want to do the same with net7proxy.exe:

http://patch.net-7.org/Net7/Files/bin/net7proxy.exe

That gives me the following error:

Microsoft .net framework

Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at LaunchNet7.Properties.Settings.get_FormMainPosition()

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoRestoreWindowPosition()

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.FormMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

LaunchNet7

Assembly Version: 1.9.8.1

Win32 Version: 1.9.8.1

CodeBase: file:///C:/NET7/bin/LaunchNet7.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I'm running windows xp, by the way. That might have something to do with it if those files were installed in vista or something.

Edited by Thelia

Update: I ran a fix on my .net 3.5, and now it says the server is 'online-137' whatever that means. But the launcher still will not try to update. However, upon hitting play the proxy program connected and ran the game. I'll sigh up for an account and see if I can get in.

EDIT: I can't sign in. I created two game accounts at http://www.net-7.org/index.php# but the game doesn't accept either one.

Edited by Thelia

I did indeed activate them via email.

EDIT: Here's what the dos window for the proxy says just before the game starts:

Net7Proxy version 1.89

Using IP: 127.0.0.1 <127.0.0.1>

23/06/10 03:03:29 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

23/06/10 03:03:29 Sending login.

23/06/10 03:03:30 login OK

23/06/10 03:04:44 MVAS thread running

Any cluse from this as to what might be wrong?

Also when the game starts it thinks my user name is 'blasti99' and I have to keep changing it. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Edited by Thelia

That all looks normal. Blasti99 is the default value and won't change until you're able to log in successfully. (Blasti99 is the name of a person who used to work on the project a couple years ago, and his name is still in some of the files) Does EnB tell you that your password is incorrect or does it give you some other kind of error?

Here's what the net-7 launcher looks like just before I run the game:

1z69lb4.jpg

And here's what the game says when I try to log in:

w9vbdy.jpg

You might also want to look at https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/2359-how-do-i-download-net-7/page__view__findpost__p__19034 I posted the contents of some files I think might involve telling the game where on the internet to look.

Edited by Thelia

Guest DeVil.DeMonde

When i try to go to the downloads section all I get is "[#10333] We could not find the forum you were attempting to view." Is the link/site broken?

When i try to go to the downloads section all I get is "[#10333] We could not find the forum you were attempting to view." Is the link/site broken?

It does that for me too sometimes. Make sure to open it in the current tab, not a new tab or window. That has a tendency to make it not want to work.

Edited by Thelia

So are you guys sure I don't have to edit my hosts file or anything? Something is definitely wrong here. It's like the client doesn't know where to look.

EDIT: Hmm. When running the game with 'client detours' and 'local cert' checked, I get this in the proxy window before the game runs:

2v7wdnk.jpg

I'm not a networking expert, but 127.0.0.1 is a windows LAN IP, isn't it? I'm going to guess the authentication server isn't on my own network, so I think that might be the problem.

Also, under 'local IP' in the launcher, it says 192.168.1.139. That's the LAN IP for my machine. Wouldn't the launcher want to know what my ISP has set my IP address to?

Edited by Thelia

The error you're getting is most likely a certification problem. Ttry going to the "Help" menu in the launcher and selecting "Check Certificate" and install the certificate if it gives you the option. That might fix the problem, though if it doesn't, try checking only the "Local Cert" box and running the game.

I'm not a networking expert, but 127.0.0.1 is a windows LAN IP, isn't it? I'm going to guess the authentication server isn't on my own network, so I think that might be the problem.

Also, under 'local IP' in the launcher, it says 192.168.1.139. That's the LAN IP for my machine. Wouldn't the launcher want to know what my ISP has set my IP address to?

Just saw this, sorry. "Local Cert" uses your own computer as the auth server to bypass encryption and certificate problems. (Note that it still contacts our server to check your login name and password.

The Local IP box determines which network adapter or LAN card to use for the connection. Say you have one IP address that leads to the internet and one that leads to your corporate/home network; in that case the proxy might pick the wrong address to use and be unable to find the server, which can be corrected by setting Local IP to the other value. This doesn't factor into your situation though, because it seems you are able to connect fine until authentication.

That's the thing. I can't check or install the certificate because the launcher won't connect to the update server. That's why the update check bar fills instantly and give me that error. Can you send me the certification file? In fact, could someone using windows xp just bundle up everything in your net7 folder and host it somewhere so I can download it?

EDIT: Also, using only 'local cert' appears to do nothing.

EDIT part 2: Ooooh, an Auth log (for security reasons, I have removed my login username from this log):

00:00:33: Found 1 servers in (local.net-7.org)

00:00:33: Trying server: (local.net-7.org)

00:00:33: Could not send HTTP request.

Last Error : 12029

Description : Error Description Not Found

00:00:33: GetTicketSync(1) failed with IAUTHORIZE_BAD_CONNECTION.

User : <removed by user>

Password Context : NOT NULL, NOT ZERO LENGTH

ServiceID : 2184

Auth Login Base Service : AuthLogin

Auth Login Server : local.net-7.org

Code : INV-300

Text : EA.com is temporarily unavailable. This may be due to routine server maintenance or a problem with your Internet Service Provider. Please check your ISP connection or try again later. (INV-300)

When I try to log in to the game it fails instantly. It doesn't even try.

EDIT part3:

I was having a problem with adware, so I got a program that disabled internet explorer. It messed up my system so I got rid of it, but I think parts of it are still there. Would that cause a problem with the launcher or client?

Edited by Thelia

Hmm. I'm afraid I don't use XP so I can't pack my files up for you. Do you use internet explorer to browse the web? If not, or especially if IE doesn't work, go into "Internet Options" from the control panel, go to the "Connections" tab, click the "LAN Settings" button, and make sure "Use a proxy server..." is not checked.

Also, press the Windows key and "R" in combination to bring up the "Run" dialog and type "cmd" and hit enter. Then, in the command prompt, type "ping patch.net-7.org" and let me know what it tells you.

Another thought: If you want, I'm on teamspeak right now and can assist you. Our Teamspeak 3 server is located at net-7.org:9987.

The internet options thing worked. I can now see a webpage in the launcher and it's updating. I sure hope I don't get any popups. I'll let it update. It's downloading new files for the client at the moment (probably why I couldn't log in). If I still can't get on after that I'll talk to you on teamspeak.

EDIT: It works! OMG, why do all the hard problems have to have a stupidly simple solution, but you don't figure out that solution for weeks? Thank you all for your help, but especially CDel. :D

Edited by Thelia

• 4 weeks later...

Because I'm on a mission to reinstall the entire enb proxy,client and demo. Why didn't you add the Certificates, DLL's, INI's and LaunchNet7.cfg files? Those are the only extra files I notice messing in this list of installations instructions. I have the original files, even though now I realize you updated most of them. Is there no need for those 4 specific files not listed in these instructions to get the launcher to work? Again I haven't installed yet but I'm just asking if it's added within one of these download links? And I do recall modifying the HOST file to create a loopback network zone to get enb to work.