Install EnB from scratch Instructions Rev 7/22/2010

[quote name='Red' timestamp='1299471296' post='35882']
No Joy
I think Im going to wipe it all and start the process all over. Is there anything I need to do besides uninstalling ENE by windows?
[/quote]
EnB should completely uninstall itself in the normal fashion, so that's all you need to do. I don't think Net7's programs are part of the problem, so it's probably not necessary to delete them, but if it still fails after you re-install EnB, you should definitely try resetting your updates. There is a short walkthrough of this simple process in the FAQ thread, to which there is a link in my sig.

these is what i've been telling people to do, under Windows:
[list][*]create account on enb-emulator.com and confirm the email[*]create account on net-7.org and confirm the email[*]uninstall crappy AV like Norton and Panda, because sometimes they don't like the emu (or you) :(. use Avast 5 free[*]install enb demo[*][b](opt)[/b] install starship creator[*]install enb patch (sunset)[*]install net7 launcher[*]set net7 launcher to be run with admin rights (do that even with UAC off)[*]set release/client.exe, starship creator and enb config to be run with admin rights (do that even with UAC off)[*]set release/client.exe, starship creator and enb config to be run in XP SP2 compat mode ([b]REQ[/b] on 64-bit editions)[*]run net7 launcher and let it patch the game, then close net7 launcher[*]check again if the executables still have the admin rights and compat mode, to be sure[*]run enb config to set resolution and other settings[*][b](opt)[/b] remove shortcut to enb client from desktop (not going to use it)[*][b](opt)[/b] add -noclassrestrictions to target path in starship creator shortcut[*][b](opt)[/b] run starship creator if you want to use the new classes or save the char layouts for future usage[*]every time you want to play, run net7 launcher :lol:[/list]-
if you did it wrong, i suggest you uninstall everything, delete the directories and reinstall.
my install went fine in d:\games\westwood\earth and beyond
and d:\games\westwood\earth and beyond\net7 launcher
under windows 7 64-bit and vista 32-bit.

setting the executables with admin rights, even with UAC off, is to remind you when you try to launch them from within a limited account, and also, in case you turn UAC back on later (which i advise you do).

[b]reminder:[/b] always enable XP SP2 or SP3 compat mode for the enb executables when running 64-bit editions of Windows Vista and later at very least, or else you will be crashing and patching a lot. might be needed for 32-bit editions too, depending on service packs and updates.

if a problem persists, force updates in net7 launcher by selecting reset updates in launcher menu; don't login for a while (10-60mins)

see you in the game =D Edited by LPCA

Guest Ramonez02
Hey guys. I am stuck on this step.

5. Go to the Net-7 website to Register: http://www.net-7.org/index.php

6. Check your Email Inbox for the activation Link and activate your account

I registered on the site (multiple times) and I've been waiting for a confirmation e-mail for a while now. I was just wondering how long it usually takes for me to get it? I've checked my junk inbox as well and I don't have anything.

[quote name='Ramonez02' timestamp='1299966891' post='36358']
Hey guys. I am stuck on this step.

5. Go to the Net-7 website to Register: [url="http://www.net-7.org/index.php"]http://www.net-7.org/index.php[/url]

6. Check your Email Inbox for the activation Link and activate your account

I registered on the site (multiple times) and I've been waiting for a confirmation e-mail for a while now. I was just wondering how long it usually takes for me to get it? I've checked my junk inbox as well and I don't have anything.
[/quote]

I had the same with my freenet mail, never received a confirmation mail.
I tried with googlemail and voila, confirmation mail in no time. :D
So i would say try another email adress.

greets
Hexergirl

[quote name='Hexergirl' timestamp='1299970070' post='36359']
I had the same with my freenet mail, never received a confirmation mail.
I tried with googlemail and voila, confirmation mail in no time. :D
So i would say try another email adress.

greets
Hexergirl
[/quote]

Well, it was actually just never sending me an e-mail because I never registered for these forums. Once I registered, it sent me the confirmation. I did try another e-mail address though and it worked. So, thank you. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnPaul2
[quote name='Marco' timestamp='1264020869' post='4113']
I removed the Starship creator from the patcher so you will not have to DL the 300 meg program by default. :)

- Marco
[/quote]

Guest kummajainen
[quote name='kummajainen' timestamp='1300738047' post='36976']
patch link on download site doesn't work.
[/quote]

never mind :D firefox wanted to be rude ^^

Guest Bonez
Dude you guys are awesome.. I played EnB a long time ago and it was the best.. played it all the way tell the server shut down but I didn't know that anyone made a new one tell today.. I'm downloading it now, hope it works for me! maybe I'll see you in the game...

Bonez

[quote name='Bonez' timestamp='1300831454' post='37038']
I'm having trouble registering on the net-7 site , I don't know what it wants for the "Forum Username" what should I put here ?
[/quote]

Never mind I got it.. lol dur I'm a dummy

Hello, people! Another wannabe-spaceman joins in.

I have this [i]little[/i] problem with EnB demo installer. It screams that files are corrupt (error pops up at 86 percent, sounds) when extracting to temp folder.

Tried redownloading. Still goes nowhere.

Any suggestions?

[quote name='KainTheProphet' timestamp='1301247362' post='37324']
Hello, people! Another wannabe-spaceman joins in.

I have this [i]little[/i] problem with EnB demo installer. It screams that files are corrupt (error pops up at 86 percent, sounds) when extracting to temp folder.

Tried redownloading. Still goes nowhere.

Any suggestions?
[/quote]
Try just running the launcher, if you're not missing too too many files, you should be able to get the rest of them right from our update server.

Ehrrr... Did not work.

You see, I can't go through the first step, which is let the demo installer extract files to temp folder and then wait until it launches the EnB installer [i]itself[/i]. Which I cannot do. Extractor goes to hell at 86 percent, while extracting sounds.cba (I believe this is the correct file extension name).

Sorry for pointing obvious things about installation process, but I can't seem to figure out how to explain my situation. [size="1"](English - not my native language)[/size]

Thanks in advance,

Kain, also know as The Prophet.

Disregard my previous post, it was bad download that was causing problems.

By the way, I believe there are some problems with sound though... Will check tomorrow, I think I know the reason.

Apologies for double post. Using phone right now, completely missing edit button. Blind me.

Edit: oh, here it is! Edited by KainTheProphet

I have installed and updated everything, have accounts on both enb emulator and net 7. When I lauch net7 and load into the login screen I type my username and password and click next. After I click on next to login the screen disappears and just shows the dos menu showing login ok, then nothing else happens? any help would be great :D

[quote name='Amuro' timestamp='1301495634' post='37816']
I have installed and updated everything, have accounts on both enb emulator and net 7. When I lauch net7 and load into the login screen I type my username and password and click next. After I click on next to login the screen disappears and just shows the dos menu showing login ok, then nothing else happens? any help would be great :D
[/quote]
Please try the solutions here:
https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/

Did all that, still didn't get it to work, although i installed everything on my laptop and did the same and for some reason it works on my laptop but not my desktop. will try to unintall everything and try again, least it works on my laptop :D thanks

Worked up and running :) Edited by Amuro

Hi there. EnB player back in the day (Andromeda Server - Progen forevah!)

Tried to download the Net-7 launcher per the install isntructions and the web link looks dead, goes to unavailable page.

can i not install right now?

[quote name='D'Monix' timestamp='1301604236' post='37982']
Hi there. EnB player back in the day (Andromeda Server - Progen forevah!)

Tried to download the Net-7 launcher per the install isntructions and the web link looks dead, goes to unavailable page.

can i not install right now?
[/quote]
The link you were served was probably broken. Keep trying the download(s). The mirror used to get the download rotates, so you should hit a valid link if you try a couple, or at most a few, times.

hi. i played this game a few months before it was canceled. really liked it and am trying to install. but im having issues after i get net7 installed. maybe im not installing in in the right area? i never see a config button or a run button. just get a screen when trying to open net7 saying version cannot be determined. ive been trying since last night!
can anyone help

[quote name='tamara' timestamp='1301702721' post='38058']
hi. i played this game a few months before it was canceled. really liked it and am trying to install. but im having issues after i get net7 installed. maybe im not installing in in the right area? i never see a config button or a run button. just get a screen when trying to open net7 saying version cannot be determined. ive been trying since last night!
can anyone help
[/quote]
It should have a button that says "Update" or something of the like. Click that. If that's not an option, please take a screenshot so we can better understand the situation.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1301703342' post='38060']
It should have a button that says "Update" or something of the like. Click that. If that's not an option, please take a screenshot so we can better understand the situation.
[/quote]

i got the game up and running but its not allowing me to enter the game with the user name and password through launch net 7 sunset server can you please help me do i need to register somewhere else or do something else i am stuck at the login in screen EA username and password any help would be appreciated

[quote name='tamara' timestamp='1301705788' post='38069']
do i need to register somewhere else[/quote]

i have registered with net7 and this forum obviously. just not sure why its not accepting my login or password.
thanks for ur time