Install EnB from scratch Instructions Rev 7/22/2010

you know the patch you download then install what do i install it to it asks me like do i do it to the game enb in the c drive or to net7 or to the saved download before installation??

When you run that patch, you want to select the file "e&b.exe". This file is located in the "Earth & Beyond" directory where you installed the game (the demo client). For example, it might be "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\e&b.exe" for those on Windows XP. (Probably "Program Files (x86)" for those using 64-bit Vista or 7)

Guest Mitchell

When you run that patch, you want to select the file "e&b.exe". This file is located in the "Earth & Beyond" directory where you installed the game (the demo client). For example, it might be "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\e&b.exe" for those on Windows XP. (Probably "Program Files (x86)" for those using 64-bit Vista or 7)

cheers pal :)

Guest Mitchell

iv done everything but when i do performance test its just a blank white screen and if i try lauching the game net7 works says online and how many players are on i click play it brings up the command screen says login in ok then window pops up agreements i click agree then a window pops up for a sec goes off then nothing just the command window open ????

Guest Mitchell

iv done everything but when i do performance test its just a blank white screen and if i try lauching the game net7 works says online and how many players are on i click play it brings up the command screen says login in ok then window pops up agreements i click agree then a window pops up for a sec goes off then nothing just the command window open ???

iv done everything but when i do performance test its just a blank white screen and if i try lauching the game net7 works says online and how many players are on i click play it brings up the command screen says login in ok then window pops up agreements i click agree then a window pops up for a sec goes off then nothing just the command window open ???

Sounds like a graphics problem. What version of Windows are you using? If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may need to put the client in compatibility mode. There are instructions on how to do this here. Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Hi!

I'm having problems installing the e&b client. When I run eandb_demo.exe, I get the pop-up telling me that I need to retrieve the product key from FilePlanet (which I've realize is left over from the original client). I press OK to continue and I get the browser pop-up and also a windows message box saying windows could not find the FilePlanet URL etc. I continue and get yet another windows message box saying "Could not execute the external program http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx" I press OK and the message goes away, but nothing happens.

I've tried running it several times, and made sure I have all updates (.NET framework included) but I'm not able to get the client installed.

I am running Win XP Professional SP3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really looking forward to playing this game again after all these years! B)

Do you use a non-IE browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.)? If so, try setting your default browser back to Internet Explorer and running the installer again. You should be able to do this by running Internet Explorer, which should complain that it isn't the default browser and allow you to set it as the default.

I am running into a similar issue to jake. When I try to install the demo, I get the popup, but it will nto let me press ok at all, instead I just get the busy cursor until such time as my PC completely crashes and has to be re-booted. IE is the default, I am running XP Home with all service packs.

Like jake, I am looking forward to seeing some of the great locales I loved so much again. Who kknows maybe I will even run into some of my old guild mates from Galileo.

OK so far so good. I have the installer run, and things updated. But now I am not finding the program mentioned here in steps seven...

7. Run the Net7 tool from Start - Program Files-EA GAMES - Earth & Beyond - Net7 Config

7a. Hit test performance button on Net7 config tool and click ok when the test is complete

I find a Net7 launcher, but no config tool. I do find a Net7Config.cfg but that is not executable. Attached is what I see in the Net7 folder and the entire tree for the E&B folder when I installed the Net7 tools.

ENB001.gif

post-19529-0-15318400-1298054329_thumb.g

Its been a long time since i been on this website but just checking to make sure this tutorial works with the original 2 disk game client just skipping step 1 right?

its amazing how i still managed to hold onto these disks lol

Its been a long time since i been on this website but just checking to make sure this tutorial works with the original 2 disk game client just skipping step 1 right?

its amazing how i still managed to hold onto these disks lol

Affirmative - the Demo installer and CD installer install essentially, if not exactly, the same files. :)

Win7 new computer ATI Radeon HD 5570

Installed e&b, Installed Patch, installed N7, ran e&b config, launch N7 and went through a lengthy update. Log in and got into game but graphics were terrible (1440 x 900) rerun e&b config to lower res , get to Megan enter password hit enter and crash to desktop.(Error = TCP connection on port 3805 was reset) Tried various resolutions even back to 1440x900 but still crash after megan. Game set to winXP sp2 /sp3/win2000 no change, E&B allowed on win firewall, and on Norton firewall.

Any ideas?

I have also deleted all and reinstalled per instructions with the same results, 1st try in game w/poor graphics further attempts crash after megan.

Edited by Red

Hi

I'm getting a not registered message from EnB login screen net7 log below

Net7Proxy version 2.01

Using IP: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)

26/02/11 01:45:07 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

26/02/11 01:45:07 Sending login.

26/02/11 01:45:08 login OK

Edited by LensmanJE

Hi

I'm getting a not registered message from EnB login screen net7 log below

Net7Proxy version 2.01

Using IP: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)

26/02/11 01:45:07 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

26/02/11 01:45:07 Sending login.

26/02/11 01:45:08 login OK

Activated your account for you. You can now log in.

Hello, I been tring to log in at the login screen but it keeps telling me that my account info is wrong..not sure what to do now..Just kinda stuck.

Have you registered an account at http;//www.net-7.org ?

Updated the video driver and I no longer crash, but graphics are still not to good. Text is blurry no matter how I adj res or text size in game?

Its like the game isnt changing size when I change res in the config tool?

Its like the game isnt changing size when I change res in the config tool?

Make sure that you are running the config tool as an administrator (in Windows Vista or higher) and that you click the "Performance Test" button before closing the config tool. Also, things maybe look weird if you use a widescreen resolution, as the game was designed only to work with 4:3 monitors of the day. Lastly, there is a graphics menu in the game, under the "Options" menu I believe, which might help. In the Graphics menu, uncheck "Use Recommended Settings" and set all the sliders, except the Gamma control, to maximum.

Make sure that you are running the config tool as an administrator (in Windows Vista or higher) and that you click the "Performance Test" button before closing the config tool. Also, things maybe look weird if you use a widescreen resolution, as the game was designed only to work with 4:3 monitors of the day. Lastly, there is a graphics menu in the game, under the "Options" menu I believe, which might help. In the Graphics menu, uncheck "Use Recommended Settings" and set all the sliders, except the Gamma control, to maximum.

Ran config as admin and now its back to CTD after megan. Tried the lower res and no joy =/

Ran config as admin and now its back to CTD after megan. Tried the lower res and no joy =/

Make sure client.exe is still set to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP. If it is, try other choices, like Windows 2000. It might be worth trying the EnB Config Tool in compatibility mode as well.