Install EnB from scratch Instructions Rev 7/22/2010

So It's been awhile sense I updated, and I went and I managed to update the EnB client, but it did not update the Net7 proxy? Where can I find a download link to manually install the new Net7 proxy? It says incompatible version of net7 proxy the new one is 1.9.6? So we backtracked? My current 1 is 1.9.9

Please help thnx

I just upgraded to a win7 64-bit desktop. I am now having a problem getting the game re-installed. I registered on the old computer I was on. Do I have to re-register? Will I lose my characters if I do that? With the install I got the Demo installed, the patch thing in step 2 installed, got Net7 launcher installed. Then when I open up the Net7 Launcher it comes up with the update window. So I hit "Update" it runs for a minute and then I get a "Update failed. Downloaded file is invalid. Please restart launcher and repatch files. File: C:\NET7\bin\net7proxy.exe" Can anyone help me? I have also attached a screen shot of the error message. Thank you for any help people can provide. I'm new to Windows 7 and I'd REALLY like to get back into the game! Thank you!

Umzadi

Terran Trader

Admiral

Mystical Knights

post-6661-094649400 1288137018_thumb.jpg

post-6661-094649400 1288137018_thumb.jpg

I just upgraded to a win7 64-bit desktop. I am now having a problem getting the game re-installed. I registered on the old computer I was on. Do I have to re-register? Will I lose my characters if I do that? With the install I got the Demo installed, the patch thing in step 2 installed, got Net7 launcher installed. Then when I open up the Net7 Launcher it comes up with the update window. So I hit "Update" it runs for a minute and then I get a "Update failed. Downloaded file is invalid. Please restart launcher and repatch files. File: C:\NET7\bin\net7proxy.exe" Can anyone help me? I have also attached a screen shot of the error message. Thank you for any help people can provide. I'm new to Windows 7 and I'd REALLY like to get back into the game! Thank you!

Umzadi

Terran Trader

Admiral

Mystical Knights

I am now having the same problem in the 32 bit Win7 didnt have this problem a day ago reinstaled 5 or 6 times now same result.

post-14601-041857300 1288148386_thumb.pn

post-14601-041857300 1288148386_thumb.pn

Umzadi

Terran Trader

Admiral

Mystical Knights

The only time I had that problem was on windows vista, which is 7 not yet painted over. Is because my Internet was a bit tied up in knots. Check your firewall, Check your Web browser, Check if your IE version or other is not functioning normally. As you mentioned, you upgraded to win7 maybe a network issue appeared and is conflicting with the update service of the client? re-patching doesn't change the fact that the update can't find the server. That is probably why its giving you a profound reason, as I later found out when I received the same issue.

I hope it helps :(

The only time I had that problem was on windows vista, which is 7 not yet painted over. Is because my Internet was a bit tied up in knots. Check your firewall, Check your Web browser, Check if your IE version or other is not functioning normally. As you mentioned, you upgraded to win7 maybe a network issue appeared and is conflicting with the update service of the client? re-patching doesn't change the fact that the update can't find the server. That is probably why its giving you a profound reason, as I later found out when I received the same issue.

I hope it helps :(

Yeah, upgraded from a WinXP laptop to a Win7 desktop computer. So, it's a whole new machine. I will definately check my firewall and whatnot. Thank you for your suggestion! I really miss my guild and playing! (Honestly, I can only kill zombies for so long in L4D2 via Steam before I need to do something else. lol)

Edit (5 minutes later): Ok, well...that didn't work....put ENB, Net7proxy, and Net7Launcher on the allow list for my firewall, Firefox is working normally....still not allowing me to patch. *pouts* This sucks. I can get my xp and win7 machines to see each other on the network in 10 minutes (when my huge computer geek friend can't do it...he tried for 6 hours one day) but I can't get ENB to patch itself! This sucks! lmao

Edited by Umzadi

Yeah, upgraded from a WinXP laptop to a Win7 desktop computer. So, it's a whole new machine. I will definately check my firewall and whatnot. Thank you for your suggestion! I really miss my guild and playing! (Honestly, I can only kill zombies for so long in L4D2 via Steam before I need to do something else. lol)

Edit (5 minutes later): Ok, well...that didn't work....put ENB, Net7proxy, and Net7Launcher on the allow list for my firewall, Firefox is working normally....still not allowing me to patch. *pouts* This sucks. I can get my xp and win7 machines to see each other on the network in 10 minutes (when my huge computer geek friend can't do it...he tried for 6 hours one day) but I can't get ENB to patch itself! This sucks! lmao

I'm having the same issue. First time player and first time installing, and I'm running out of patience. I happened on this game by chance, and because it reminded me of another that I played and loved, I dropped what I'm currently playing to try it out, and I'm getting no where.

I don't think it's a problem on our end. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I don't know if I'll check this post later or not.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the newer proxy file C Del posted on page 2. Seems to be patching properly now.

Edited by WhiteCrow

yes I saw that post, thnx

and I did download all the files from the server and put them into the bin folder... but I still get the same error :/

edit:

uhh I've tried it again and this time it worked :(

thnx.

Edited by InSaNe-O_o

Hey all this is my first time installing and I'm not that computer savy, I had the hash in manifest does not match. I got that sorted now im getting and error stating

Cannot write to target directory "C:\program files(x860\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond".

Please start this application with administrative rights or give write permissions for the target directory before starting the update process.

What the hell does that mean and how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

It means that directory is read-only, and you may not be running as an admin (I'm guessing you're on Windows Vista or later.)

First thing's first, you can try right-clicking the folder that the game just pointed out there, and unticking the "read-only" checkbox in its Properties menu. If you're not being allowed to do so, then you don't have sufficient permissions, and someone else will need to help you out with that - I don't know enough about Vista/Windows 7 to say for sure what you need to do.

Thanks for the help. I have Win 7 . I went into the file and unticked the read only but its saying I have to have administative permision which I find odd because its showing I'm the administrator. I'm the only one on this comp? Any other advice as to how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Hey all this is my first time installing and I'm not that computer savy, I had the hash in manifest does not match. I got that sorted now im getting and error stating

Cannot write to target directory "C:\program files(x860\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond".

Please start this application with administrative rights or give write permissions for the target directory before starting the update process.

What the hell does that mean and how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Right click on Net7 Shortcut - "Run as Administrator" - Especially if its trying to update.

Right click on Net7 Shortcut - "Run as Administrator" - Especially if its trying to update.

Thank you very much, got it to update. Got all the way to building my ship and I keep getting kicked off. What a damn headache!! Hopefully I'll get to play some time soon.

• 2 weeks later...

A big TY to C Del! I passed the updates, the net7proxy update and now after logging in, I'm Back in the game. WOOT! Replacing the net7proxy fixed my problem, I'm an old time player/tester and glade to be back in the game tyvm again. :huh:

hey all, I had the same issues as ronin7115 followed the help that was given. I can log in I get to megan put my password in and hit enter. The hand doest go red and I get kicked to desktop. Does anyone know whats going with that?

Try the solutions in the FAQ thread. There's a link in my sig.

Can someone please tell me why after i installed E&B and Used the Update patch...and installed Net7...The moment i run Net 7...It start updating again =.=' First was updating the Launcher...den now the Client...According to the patcher...Current Version is unable to be determined and newest client version is 58....Now its updating...and its freaking slow =.=

Can someone please tell me why after i installed E&B and Used the Update patch...and installed Net7...The moment i run Net 7...It start updating again =.=' First was updating the Launcher...den now the Client...According to the patcher...Current Version is unable to be determined and newest client version is 58....Now its updating...and its freaking slow =.=

Real simple, the update patch updates EnB to the point it was at right before EA took it down, Net7 then needs to update itself and the client to the point that the fine people here at EnB Emu have gotten to...and will do so again every so often when new changes are made

The reason its slow is simple as well, the server, your connection, or one of the systems between the server and you are a little slow (update only uses about 3% of my available speed, which puts it at about 300Kbps...)

The update slowness is probably due to overhead with the system we use. I'm writing a new launcher and updating system (have been for months now, lol), so I'll try to address that problem along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

i followed the installed the game client then the patch client i ran the net 7 set up. then i tried to conect . it let me do the updates them it told me to select a server and hit play i did that but i get the dos screen when i hit play then it gives me an agreement page i press agree it runs the earth and beyond title screan when the title screan is done playing it quites and gose back to the dos screan im flustered.

• 2 weeks later...

having a bit of a problem running this.

I have windows XP SP3, 32 bit, with a GTX 260 video card and 4GB of RAM

These are the steps I did:

Got the E&B demo program, installed it.

Got the E&B update program, installed it.

Got the net7 setup program, installed it, ran it a few times, got an error on the second to last time I ran, Quit out of it, ran it again, this time it ran fine all the way through.

Fired up Net7 again, clicked on Play, got this error:

A dos prompt opens up and a Eart&Beyond window opens up. The second window says 'Finding File'. After a few minutes, another window opens up with the title bar saying Error: 4 and the text of the window saying: Couldn't find the patch. Try again later.

I click OK and the second window exits. What's up?