Install EnB from scratch Instructions Rev 7/22/2010

You don't need those files, nor do you need to edit your hosts file, anymore thanks to the launcher. all you should need to do is download the client, enb_up, and LaunchNet7 itself, and it'll download all the files you need.

You don't need those files, nor do you need to edit your hosts file, anymore thanks to the launcher.

SWEET! that's music to my ears C Del, lol Thnx for the info and a big thnx to whoever made the new launcher less complicated. clap2.gif

Now, all you need left is to get the client to install on any partition excluding the C: drive, but that's another day. :P

Now, all you need left is to get the client to install on any partition excluding the C: drive, but that's another day. :P

That doesn't work now? It should.

That doesn't work now? It should.

Well I just recently tried installing it on my (Vista x32) pc, and on my other drives... :P It acts like it's the stand alone launcher without an update option in the launcher or its messing on purpose? I installed it also on a VM (Win7 x64), but this time to C: drive and not needing to find the location of "release/client" It automatically notices, I'm behind on updates and starts updating the client files and launcher/proxy files as it should. Only did that because it was installed on C:drive? makes no sense to me. Sry I see no change in the, installation versatility category, :( but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Bubbasnafu

Hey folks,

I've done a reinstallation, and I'm unable to get past the login screen. (Well - that's not 100% accurate. I got past it once, and was in-game, but the game dropped when I was gating from one zone to another).

With the fresh install, I've updated and patched as needed. Set the compatability mode to XP SP2. My drivers for my vid card are up to date. So I'm kinda scratchin' my head here. Any words of wisdom out there?

Bubbasnafu

I would suggest setting your compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 or Windows 200. If that doesn't work, try running the E&BConfig tool, located in the EBCONFIG folder, which is in your Earth & Beyond installation folder. In the config tool, set your resolution so something middle-of-the-road, like 1024x768, run the Performance Test, and try logging in again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adder007USA

Currently the download forum doesn't seem to be up. I click on any of the links in the first post and it doesn't find the page. Can you just not see them if your activation email hasn't come yet? Or is anyone else getting this?

Currently the download forum doesn't seem to be up. I click on any of the links in the first post and it doesn't find the page. Can you just not see them if your activation email hasn't come yet? Or is anyone else getting this?

I've activated your account for you. You should be able to use the downloads forum now.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I got my activation emails either. (same name in-game)

Thanks in advance!

Your account appears to already be activated. Are you still unable to log in?

Your account appears to already be activated. Are you still unable to log in?

Correct. I've installed, twice just to make sure. Unfortunately I got the same results both times. I assumed that we would be logging into the game through Net7 & tried that 1st. The game loads to the username/password screen but completely locks up my computer when I click next. I also tried logging in through the old EnB short cut. It was unable to find the patch server. I'm guessing the EnB shortcut is a left over from when EA still actively ran the game.

Any suggestions? It's probably one of those, dumb user error issues. lol

edit: I also tried following the instructions to unlock the additional classes, but it didn't work either time. Probably more "user error". :blink:

Edited by Zypherius

Can you post a log or screenshot of what the net7proxy window says when the client locks up? Try updating your graphics drivers, if you haven't already, then go to your Earth & Beyond installation folder (Default: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond"), go into the "EBCONFIG" folder, and run "E&BConfig.exe". When the E&B Config tool starts, set the resolution slider to a standard value, like 1024 x 768, run the Performance Test, and click "OK". Then try starting EnB again.

Can you post a log or screenshot of what the net7proxy window says when the client locks up? Try updating your graphics drivers, if you haven't already, then go to your Earth & Beyond installation folder (Default: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond"), go into the "EBCONFIG" folder, and run "E&BConfig.exe". When the E&B Config tool starts, set the resolution slider to a standard value, like 1024 x 768, run the Performance Test, and click "OK". Then try starting EnB again.

Ran E&BConfig.exe > set resolution slider as recommended. > Tried re-starting.

same results > got to log in screen and entire computer locked up, not just the client. I could move the cursor w/the mouse, but nothing else. Had to do a manual restart of the computer. Because of the complete lock up, I can't provide a screen shot or logs.

i didnt read previous posts in this thread and just tossing out an idea... did you try running enb config and checking the box that says "windowed mode"?

also are there any other games that you play that you can run just as a test to eliminate video problems (and I dont mean solitaire :blink: )?

i didnt read previous posts in this thread and just tossing out an idea... did you try running enb config and checking the box that says "windowed mode"?

also are there any other games that you play that you can run just as a test to eliminate video problems (and I dont mean solitaire :P )?

Well, I don't have any problem running Starcraft or Civ games.

I tried the windowed mode and got in! YES!!!!! After this many years...

I'm BAAAACCCKKK!!!!

Thanks for all of the help and keep up the GREAT work with the game!!!

Is it impossible to change? You should just need to click on it to clear it so you can type your own user name. If so, could you copy the last 5 lines or so of net7proxy.exe's output and paste it here?

Thanks that worked...

Is it impossible to change? You should just need to click on it to clear it so you can type your own user name. If so, could you copy the last 5 lines or so of net7proxy.exe's output and paste it here?

post-56-064279800 1286938197_thumb.png

post-56-064279800 1286938197_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to register on the net7 page I get the following error. It pops up every single time, I also tried multiple browsers and the same message comes up everytime.

Forum user not found

User not added

EDIT: now it mysteriously decided to accept my registration.

Edited by CptGemini