Said It Can't Be Done...

I watched them do it on my JE (was checkin the hulks nearby), funny enough i was sitting right next to you and we didnt even know it.

Left around the time the JS got killed but it was obviously going to be done, I watched it get down to about 2/3 and left to do something more productive. Edited by Ryle

[quote name='Sleven.' timestamp='1341419124' post='60115']
Just cheapens the raid for me... I love going in with two full groups to take down GoBB. The fact that it CAN be done with two toons makes it look like a cakewalk.
[/quote]

The funny thing, I have seen "two full" groups get absolutely slaughtered by GoBB on several occasions. Most of the time these groups had JD's.....just makes me wonder....
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Mynd' timestamp='1341441438' post='60148']
The funny thing, I have seen "two full" groups get absolutely slaughtered by GoBB on several occasions. Most of the time these groups had JD's.....just makes me wonder....
[/quote]
Different circumstances... If you go full bore you better know what your doing. Same as with going in with just two toons. I'm not taking anything away from what they are doing. It takes some skill and strategy to do it both ways. Even with two groups if you don't get the heals at the right time it turns into a dorito domino effect.

[quote name='Sleven.' timestamp='1341448179' post='60151']
Different circumstances... If you go full bore you better know what your doing. Same as with going in with just two toons. I'm not taking anything away from what they are doing. It takes some skill and strategy to do it both ways. Even with two groups if you don't get the heals at the right time it turns into a dorito domino effect.
[/quote]

I concur.

Ain't no cakewalk, took us awhile, at times when I've been totally alone its taken up to 2 hours (provided no groups were around to swoop in, but its all good). But I see your point Sleven, I personally have never done GoBB with two full groups. Its only ever been me and a few friends up until I joined a larger guild. Sure, we could take controller, that was awesome when we learned we could do that, but GoBB, faaaaahgeddaboudit.

I see where your coming from though, if I came from a big guild that had the capacity to do GoBB with 2 or even 3 groups and then I saw what I was doing I'd be disheartened, in a way its kind of like spitting in the face of the people who worked hard, figured out the proper tactics, and mustered up the player count to take it down and then died a whole buncha times trying to bringing it down in the process of fine tuning the timing, damage, and heals as well as getting everyone to know exactly their role in the situation and when exactly to act on that.

I know a thing or two about planning raids/ getting everyone together/ settling disputes/ etc etc... It ain't easy, but soloing GoBB isn't either, I know what I'm doing with regard to how the game mechanics work currently (they're broke lol) along with the timing/effort it takes to bring it down mono e mono. At the end of the day though, I don't think I should be able to do it, and yes it does bring down the whole event a notch or two or twelve. Its still ridiculous to me that I'm even able to do it hahah. Its like finding alot of money. You know should turn it in but that dusty old bank account could use a punch in the kisser.

Its way more fun to do things in a group also more rewarding, I'd like to see this fixed, to get it fully functioning where GoBB can heal himself/minions and vice versa/ use hacking effectively along with summon and recharge shields at such a fast rate that it would be impossible to solo and a hands down, flat out, increase on his shields/ minions shields. By like 3 mil or so, give him 12 mil shields/ and the 65's 5 mil. Thatd make it interesting. we could all hit it up with 4 groups and crash the sector hard over and over and over again until no one wants to even do it any more lol.

I guess im just curious why people are still exploiting the broken mechanic and soloing or very small grouping major raid content.

Just because you can, doesnt mean you should.

I know I did a few solo runs on things, for testing the mechanics scope. (i didnt even benefit from it past a little xp, i actually gave away the drops out of the mordies i did). But persisting to use it is pretty unethical in the interest of game fairness, at least my 2 cents on that part.

Not naming names, but the soloing fishbowl bit that delayed BMs fishbowl kinda annoyed some people. We were patient and waited for over 2 hours. We eventually assisted him, to speed it up (since even with three toons he was only at the dark one like 90 minutes in) but I mean when youve got a raid group ready to go, and content is being soloed, yeah something there aint right. Least the dude was cool about it, even gave us a device for one. I aint got any real beef with him, thats a one time dealio.

But the point being made is these solo runs just to do it, are starting to gate content from people, so why dont you knock it off? Would be nice to see in market or general:
"Hey GoBB is up, lets get a group and smash it" instead of just getting the KenShao and soloing it. Last I checked this is a MMO, not a single player game.

You saw how many people came to the AV test today, there is no lack of willing participants in raids. Edited by Ryle

That would be nice, to announce GoBB in market or some other public channel and have 10-20 people show up for it, at least on free for all days. I've tried that before though, used to announce it in market all the time back in November-January, and nobody showed up. Perhaps that will become an option when we have an average of 300-500 players on the server on any given day but at this point theres not enough. Before I joined the guild I'm in I had been looking hard for a at least 11 other people to do GoBB with, pick up style, but thats hard to come by. Two full groups can take out GoBB, the composition I think would best is : 3 TT's, 2 PW's (experienced drivers who can effectively lead each group), 2 JD's (for summon/ scan blind/ debuff), TS (for level 9 gorgons for the PW impact ammo/ hull patch), JS (reactor opt/shield recharge), 2 TE's, and a JE at the bare minimum. Its pretty hard to find at least 12-15 people to make friends with and do a raid like this with. In fact I think i've only ever seen, at least in the last 8 months, one or two pick up groups for GoBB, ever. I have seen people multibox it successfully though, and of course solo it, but I think in light of the fact its extremely difficult to get together the group required to it, at least PUG style, people wind up multiboxing/soloing it for this reason.

One of the drawbacks to a Monty Haul campaign is that once people have their shinies they stop coming, I suppose.

I dont support a level/recipe wipe, but perhaps an item/gear wipe is in order, since everyone has it all already, and in many cases at much higher percents than they should have (125 being the max youd ever see on live, and very very rarely at that. even my best percent item on live was a 120 fott, lol @ 160+ percent non manu raid gear)

The whole daily spawn thing killed it too. Its simply not necessary with a 100 server population. Edited by Ryle

[quote name='Bleakend' timestamp='1341505098' post='60175']
That would be nice, to announce GoBB in market or some other public channel and have 10-20 people show up for it, at least on free for all days. I've tried that before though, used to announce it in market all the time back in November-January, and nobody showed up. Perhaps that will become an option when we have an average of 300-500 players on the server on any given day but at this point theres not enough. Before I joined the guild I'm in I had been looking hard for a at least 11 other people to do GoBB with, pick up style, but thats hard to come by. Two full groups can take out GoBB, the composition I think would best is : 3 TT's, 2 PW's (experienced drivers who can effectively lead each group), 2 JD's (for summon/ scan blind/ debuff), TS (for level 9 gorgons for the PW impact ammo/ hull patch), JS (reactor opt/shield recharge), 2 TE's, and a JE at the bare minimum. Its pretty hard to find at least 12-15 people to make friends with and do a raid like this with. In fact I think i've only ever seen, at least in the last 8 months, one or two pick up groups for GoBB, ever. I have seen people multibox it successfully though, and of course solo it, but I think in light of the fact its extremely difficult to get together the group required to it, at least PUG style, people wind up multiboxing/soloing it for this reason.
[/quote]

Good mix, but I would fit a PS in there somewere, they have active shield cap devices that stack on TT skill (more shield pool!), access to the animal skin devices( more resistance!), can take a hit or 2 if need be (even bigger L9 shields than a PW/PP) for that OH CRAP! moment, can give a JS like any other explorer and most importantly.....Grav link faster/more often than a PW can! (i.e. spam it), that saves the PW any issue with power, other button mashes, and don't possibly cut into a cooldown on sap, they can concentrate on tanking/aggro and not debuffing. Remember that a GL on a mob boosts all explosive/impact damage, not just the progens, so it lets all the missle lobber provide a tad more hotmissle lov'n to the mobs.

This will be a even more important addition when all the gear/skill/mob AI is right, those shield interupt devices PS get are nice, so too the shield recharge rate devices (refuge/refresh), that just one more thing the healers dont have to keep track of...they have the burden devices that stack even over gravlink, you think mobs get the brakes put on with GL, stack a burden on them :), think about sending a patched up groupie back into that action with all the buffs a normal repair group does, then think of them with a 500% shield recharge for the next 10 sec, wading into the fray..when gear works that just one more thing a PS can provide. So the PW has his hands full steering a group and you dont have a PP? How would you like to do 55% more damage to the hull of a hulled mob? Yup Ps gots that too....

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1341791203' post='60245']
Good mix, but I would fit a PS in there somewere, they have active shield cap devices that stack on TT skill (more shield pool!), access to the animal skin devices( more resistance!), can take a hit or 2 if need be (even bigger L9 shields than a PW/PP) for that OH CRAP! moment, can give a JS like any other explorer and most importantly.....Grav link faster/more often than a PW can! (i.e. spam it), that saves the PW any issue with power, other button mashes, and don't possibly cut into a cooldown on sap, they can concentrate on tanking/aggro and not debuffing. Remember that a GL on a mob boosts all explosive/impact damage, not just the progens, so it lets all the missle lobber provide a tad more hotmissle lov'n to the mobs.

This will be a even more important addition when all the gear/skill/mob AI is right, those shield interupt devices PS get are nice, so too the shield recharge rate devices (refuge/refresh), that just one more thing the healers dont have to keep track of...they have the burden devices that stack even over gravlink, you think mobs get the brakes put on with GL, stack a burden on them :), think about sending a patched up groupie back into that action with all the buffs a normal repair group does, then think of them with a 500% shield recharge for the next 10 sec, wading into the fray..when gear works that just one more thing a PS can provide. So the PW has his hands full steering a group and you dont have a PP? How would you like to do 55% more damage to the hull of a hulled mob? Yup Ps gots that too....
[/quote]
L5 Grav-link doesn't debuff mobs, hasn't for quite some time... Only L7 debuffs the mobs.

[quote name='Rossdie' timestamp='1342044751' post='60347']
[i]It's a real easy fix just give Gobb and the minions he spawns with the capability to see cloak, that will take care of the solo JD's doing it.[/i]
[/quote]

That would also result in many JEs trying to mine the hulk field near there, but with no interest in engaging BB or his minions, being killed. When the no damage bug is fixed, it won't be an issue.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1342104507' post='60386']
That would also result in many JEs trying to mine the hulk field near there, but with no interest in engaging BB or his minions, being killed. When the no damage bug is fixed, it won't be an issue.
[/quote]
Then just give the boss group see cloak... Not the 62's and 64's. Usually the boss group gets killed not too long after spawn anyways.

[quote name='Sleven.' timestamp='1342156247' post='60401']
Then just give the boss group see cloak... Not the 62's and 64's. Usually the boss group gets killed not too long after spawn anyways.
[/quote]

This is exactly what I meant by Gobb and the minions that spawn with him, the 62's and 64's are loners (not part of the Gobb spawn) they can be left as is.