You've Been Hearing Hints About An Announcement

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1340937999' post='59782']
and here it is:

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7111-announcement-status-change/"]https://forum.enb-emu...-status-change/[/url]
[/quote]
Isn't Beta when everything is ready to go but just need testing to make sure there are no errrors or bugs?
That is my understanding but aren't we still missing content and areas?

Id you really read what he said Alessan, the new content is about to get pushed out to live for beta testing. They hope to have it "done" by the 23rd. This sounds to me like a bunch of stuff is gonna be out there new to do. Besides, they can always add more as beta goes on. Remember we havent had a content push in over 3 months, we are due. I cant imagine they sat on their hands for those 3 months either.

I forsee some serious business coming down the pipe by the end of the month.

[quote name='GenghisBob' timestamp='1341240811' post='60006']
The V'RIX are coming, THE V'RIX ARE COMING!!!
j/k :-)
[/quote]

I actually hope they are. I am like salivating at the idea of a huge vrix invasion this month... maelstroms... roc... the works.

[quote name='Alessan' timestamp='1341228620' post='59999']
Isn't Beta when everything is ready to go but just need testing to make sure there are no errrors or bugs?
That is my understanding but aren't we still missing content and areas?
[/quote]

Industry language has changed quite a bit since this game was released...if my memory served me correctly, there were bugs and missing content in this game AFTER it was released from beta.

When I first started beta testing for MMORPG's, Betas would last a long time, and would often be a completely different product than what they started out with. Times have changed though, and often a beta test is simply to make sure their code is optimized to handle a large scale of players and only to polish a few areas up prior to a release...it is not uncommon to see a beta lasting 2 months or so prior to launch date.

While I do agree there is much work to be done, I would say this game has been in an alpha stage, and I do agree it is ready to move on to a beta. The main coding is there, most people can agree while there are still plenty of bugs and glitches, with loads of polish work to do, it is more than a proof of concept, and is very playable. What it needs now is some major balancing to the new classes (and some of the old, see the many threads about PW's and JD's), they need to focus on balancing skills and perhaps making old worthless skills functional (see befriend, enrage, ect.), adding content in the form of sectors and missions.

Face it, the game might not be ready to go to full release in the next few months, but it is close enough to turn the attention to optimizing the code, adding the missing content, finalizing skills/classes, and fixing the last of the bugs...sounds like a beta test to me.

I say enough arguing about what we do and don't have, what the test is and is not...lets ready ourselves for some new stuff to do and try our hardest to break things!

P.S. Thanks for the hard work Devs! Thanks for your time!

Ryle: Possibly could, and yes to some extent to keep players playing. If we released everything openly the eventual result would be the shutdown of Sunrise because many people would form many servers once they figured out how it all worked. :)

The idea is to push it to "gold" and then shortly thereafter we'll probably look at opening the source back up and/or recruiting a new live team to keep the game running for anyone that leaves at Launch time. There are several of us that are interested in starting a for-profit Game Studio which isn't something we can do with Net-7 Entertainment as I formed it non-profit so we could legally accept your donations to run things in the U.S.

That said, it is possible we could speed things up, but the trick is doing it in such a way that doesn't cause people to flip out on us. Unfortunately the only way to get testing data really quickly is to do repetitive wipes and we'd have to have a REALLY active beta team that's willing to forego their play toons so we could test on the dev server more often.

If we could get 50-100 active testers that might be a possibility and aside from testing the XP curve, we could probably bump the XP WAYYYY UP there to make sure its not mind-numbing.

• 2 weeks later...
As usual ill be the loudmouth that asks, everything still looking good for a July 23rd beta launch? =D Havent seen anything since this post and some of my peoples are anxious, as well as i ^^

Guys, (& gals & undecideds) Beta will be rolled out when the dev team feels its ready for rollout. Not 1 min before. I have faith in the dev's/gms to do what they think is best for the game community & the game overall. Lets face it; Rome wasnt built in one day; no one has been born with the abiltiy to wiggle their nose & make things perfect. These things take time.

Thats just my personal thoughts; take em as you will.

Yes, we all know that until they're finished they won't know exactly how long it will take. But the closer they get to the date (now, only 1 week away) I was hoping for an update, whether July 23rd was still looking good.

I need a V'rix fix :-)

[quote name='Peakahboo' timestamp='1342421533' post='60483']
Guys, (& gals & undecideds) Beta will be rolled out when the dev team feels its ready for rollout. Not 1 min before. I have faith in the dev's/gms to do what they think is best for the game community & the game overall. Lets face it; Rome wasnt built in one day; [b]no one has been born with the abiltiy to wiggle their nose & make things perfect.[/b] These things take time.

Thats just my personal thoughts; take em as you will.
[/quote]

So Elizabeth Montgomery really can't do that? ;)

Seriously though, glad that Beta is coming soon. Looking forward to it. Can't wait to see how the Scout & JT have their group roles better defined.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1342457824' post='60493']
So Elizabeth Montgomery really can't do that? ;)

Seriously though, glad that Beta is coming soon. Looking forward to it. Can't wait to see how the Scout & JT have their group roles better defined.
[/quote]

Don't want to burst your bubble Terrell but I don't think I can whip the content team through all the upcoming class changes in a week, not without horribly screwing you all for months to come so let's say that'll probably be a little bit after beta release ;)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1342485716' post='60516']
Don't want to burst your bubble Terrell but I don't think I can whip the content team through all the upcoming class changes in a week, not without horribly screwing you all for months to come so let's say that'll probably be a little bit after beta release ;)
[/quote]

Doesn't have to be right away, I figured it would be sometime between the start of Beta & EMU Live. Besides I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be difficult to get those classes up to speed.