The Combat Cloak Problem

Ryle

Algaron, they're not listening and they never will. :angry:

Combat Cloak.
If you take everything into account that makes CC so effective you will understand why Theoretically it SHOULD BE possible for The Jenquai TO DODGE MOST Damage !

The effects Of Turn Rate, Maneuverability, Ship Signature, and BEING INVISIBLE Will Multiply the Possibility of NOT Being Hit with DAMAGE or a minimum amount of damage.
If you saw a Bullet, RPG, Missile or a Car coming at you would you just stand there OR Get the FLOCK out of the Way ?
That is what Turn Rate, Maneuverability and Ship Signature does for EVERY Class and Profession in the game, Combat Cloak Multiplies your chances! Your Invisble, How can a Missile, Beam or Projectile hit what it has lost Target Lock on or Tracking ??

If your playing a Jenquai and Have half a Brain you would hunt an NPC that Fires Only Projectiles and/Or Beams ! That Is why all Devout Jenquai GET BEHIND their targets!

FIX SEE CLOAK and MISSILES This Will Change!
The Jenquai Will have to sacrafice a slot for "Improved Cloak" When See Cloak is Implemented to Improve his or her chances !
If you are Playing a Jenquai and have a "Improved Cloak" item read what it says!

"
Improved Cloaking (Equip) ::
Reduces Cloaking Engage Time by 2.1 seconds (to a minimum of 3 seconds), [u]makes the target harder to detect with See Cloaking[/u], and increases Stealth Strike time when equipped.

When the NPC has a "See Cloak" Item or a Very high Level of Scan and the Jenquai Has an "Improved Cloak" Item and a High level Cloak Skill they start to cancel each other out.

[color=#00ff00]IMO, ALL [u]RAID BOSSES [/u]should have "SEE CLOAK" [u]That is Infinite [/u]along with a couple of Raid and Non-raid Minions! (Use Summons AND Bring a Friend)[/color]

[color=#ffd700]There is Nothing Wrong with Combat Cloak, it is the NPC AI (period). :angry: [/color]
One or Two second Cloak Bull S__T! Unless I'm sitting in your Home watching you fight an NPC, IT ISN'T HAPPENING!

Stop Soloing Raid and Raid Bosses just to try to prove a point, there are people and Guilds that would like to do those Raids your Doing or supposedly Doing!

I will repost this reply over and over again. I will Defend My Class till the end of time. This Topic has gotten to be so repetitious. :angry:
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Honestly I never noticed all those little skill problems... I really don't think that makes it less enjoyable to play on. I still wouldn't consider the class broken. Also if the critical buffs are broken, that's a problem for all the classes that have it. Not just the JD. Edited by Sleven.

No, of course Crit Targeting being turned off affects not just the JD but PW, TW and every other class that benefits from the skill. Same goes for HDC, it affects the PW too, but all classes benefit from it. You see that's kind of my point. If there are skills/buffs not working for the PW making it less powerful than it should be, I would be the first to stand in line saying it needs to be addressed.

We all realize there are issues with certain skills and buffs not working correctly, and why we can't all support each other is beyond me. I do not play a progen of any kind, so I would not get on top of a soapbox and yell to anyone that would listen how they should nerf the Progen Warrior, because 1) I do not fully understand the class, and 2) I realize that this was still Alpha and things take time to get worked on. You will never see me in a Progen Warrior discussion trying to have a skill nerfed because I think it makes JD's look weak or because it would make the PW too uber. That I leave to those who know the class well and can make well informed posts. In PrimaGuide for Live, a PW has 200k hull now it's what 82k? They have massive hulls for a reason, so I am not sure why now they have a hull only 10k more than a TW with only 72k hull. Perhaps it has something to do with the way they redid HDC in Live?

BTW I never said the JD wasn't enjoyable to play on the contrary. In my opinion it is the most fun class, but also the hardest class to play well. It is considered a 'warrior explorer' but does not truly benefit from either skill sets. There is only one warrior explorer in the game and that is the Jenquai Defender.

The Combat Cloak issue is a major problem for sure - not just to people who think it makes the JD too powerful, but to JD's themselves. It isn't just Cloak that makes the JD work, but all those other skills and buffs as well. Trust me when I say it will be fixed so the powerup time is minimum 3 seconds again, and without all those other skills that a JD uses to survive working correctly, the class will suffer a lot. I hope you will be there defending the JD then.

82k was what the PW hull was in live, but with HDC working appropriately a PW could take about 3 times the damage to their hull than they could their shield. A full HDC pw and possibly an equipped HDC buff with an ivory ward had close to 500k HPs effectively. It got worst with rally and enviro shield. Depending on how buffed the PW was, it was almost impossible for anything short of a raid boss with absolute damage attacks (Arenzael did absolute damage back then) to even really hurt a PWs hull.

Fully buffed and including deflects a PW hull was like 500k and their shield about 250k (even tho it said 82000/120000)

82000 at 200 percent HDC would be 246000 hull (100 percent doubles the effective size, so 200 triples it) ... and deflects of 50 from an ivory ward and combat trance made that 500k

Equip a piece of gear with HDC on equip, get a rally buff and enviro shield buff for 100 deflects and a PW could in theory look something like:

82000 @ 350HDC = 369,000 at 100 deflects for half? damage... almost 800k hull without including shields.

I remember it working that way in live too. get 10 fish on you and your shields gone in about 30 seconds, and then tank all of the fish for another 5 minutes and barely get scratched paint. I can tell HDC isnt working right here at all. Edited by Ryle

Have you guys watched the Walking Dead? Its an awesome show. Season 2 is now available for streaming if you wanna put up 22 bucks, oh crap my donation! Worth it though. :D God that show is awesome.

Oh yeah the combat cloak thing.... well, combat cloak isn't what's making JD's invulnerable, its this insta cloak thing we've all seen, which I think is an ancient bug. Algaron's right about the skills as well, once Kyp obliterates the insta-cloak, gives mob's properly working skills suchs shield recharging/see cloak/hacking, getting those working again along with balancing/beefing up the damage mobs dish out and players take. Well, not only will people not be soloing much but it might take 3 or 4 or even 5 groups to complete this stuff, BBG/Controller/Fishbowl/DT stuff.

Not objecting, will be a metrix tonne of fun. Funny thing is I never really soloed anything, maybe 3 or 4 times lol. I've always worked in groups, from the beginning. Cooperative play is where its at other than all the trauma I suffered from playing RTS games competitively for seven years solo lol.

As a side note: I was wondering what the optimal goal for a JD character is, as in whats the ideal for a maxed out Defender with regard to the role this class is supposed to play. I know when I and a few buddies had our Controller and Fishbowl groups running on the regular we a) always had a JD with us and B) the Defender's role in our group(s) was to summon/reactor buff/ DPS/ scan blind/ occasional energy leech (despite its brokenness the skill still had marginal value)/ along with psi shield, primarily on the tank and healers. After many experiences with this I came to the conclusion that the JD, as opposed to the PW or TE, was the sort of support warrior class what with the level nine devices as well as being a damage blanket, making up for what the TE/s and PW's lacked in terms of DPS, along with the highest level of debuff possible.

That last paragraph was how I think the majority of the players in live viewed the JD profession.. as a support warrior, buffs + DPS. The summon skill was essential for the MASH style of raiding, as it was to pull mobs to be killing by the DPS group one at a time, as well as for convenience sake to move people around sectors, etc.

JD is well suited to any of three roles really, it always has been: DPS, Crowd Control with Summon/Fold, and Buffer/Debuffer. It is probably for that main reason you always saw JD around raids, since their particular set of skills was specifically tailored (not sure if intended) to be a Raid staple profession.

May not be the best tanks, may have no self heals, may have short range, but all their other benefits more than made up for it. Flat out in live no raid group I ran in fishbowl or RD base went without at least one JD in it. Ever. When the call was made to do a bowl, the first thing we checked were sufficient TTs and then JDs. Everything else was secondary to that, even jumpstarters.

Allllllllright we're getting worked up again and off topic. I'll pre-empt and close this. I know some of the issues mentioned are already on the bug tracker. If some of those are not, please post them there. I know a lot of eq buffs don't work yet. It was mentioned that energy leech being busted. Well, does it really have a problem or are you just dissatisfied with how it currently is? Take heart that now we are in Beta, balancing and adjusting will take more of a front seat, including CC, see cloak and so on.