Ore quests too severe!

These quests are made for the avid miner that I am. The quest probably has a exp bonus for completion based on the time that it takes to complete. Most games do anyway.

Also since you get a bonus exp per roid or gas cloud that you mine and a bigger bonus for the field 100 ore really isn't that bad. You'll stock upon mats, make money, and lots of explore exp. And the game is about having fun. If you don't like mining, try some other missions.

Ray out~

I don't think it's too much either, the thing I do most with my JE is mine. Best thing to do is just go about your usual mining and leave the ore you need in your hold. Over time you will get enough to finish the mission.

I very much enjoy mining myself but I do agree that some of the mining quests are a bit severe in what they ask. For the mining quests the time spent should be equal to the time spent to finish a combat mission with an equal reward. So if I have a mission that will gain me 600 combat experience and I also have a mission worth 600 explorer experience to go mine some ore then both missions should about the same amount of time to accomplish, ideally anyway. Look at the discrepancy in the time it takes to do the L75 PW hull upgrade quest compared to the PS one, PW go kill some mobs, PS go collect 300 Phosphorous. I spent 4 hours mining Phosphorous and only come up with 160 finally I gave up and had a trader rip comps for the rest, my PW quest took about 2 hour's. So had I toughed it out and mined the last 140 Phosphorous it would have taken me about 7-8 hours to finish that part of the quest and lets figure another hour for the rest of the quest where as it took my PW 2 hours to finish the entire quest. So 8-9 hours vs 2 hours for what is essentially the same quest, that's a problem and there is no denying it.

I very much enjoy mining myself but I do agree that some of the mining quests are a bit severe in what they ask. For the mining quests the time spent should be equal to the time spent to finish a combat mission with an equal reward. So if I have a mission that will gain me 600 combat experience and I also have a mission worth 600 explorer experience to go mine some ore then both missions should about the same amount of time to accomplish, ideally anyway. Look at the discrepancy in the time it takes to do the L75 PW hull upgrade quest compared to the PS one, PW go kill some mobs, PS go collect 300 Phosphorous. I spent 4 hours mining Phosphorous and only come up with 160 finally I gave up and had a trader rip comps for the rest, my PW quest took about 2 hour's. So had I toughed it out and mined the last 140 Phosphorous it would have taken me about 7-8 hours to finish that part of the quest and lets figure another hour for the rest of the quest where as it took my PW 2 hours to finish the entire quest. So 8-9 hours vs 2 hours for what is essentially the same quest, that's a problem and there is no denying it.

What hull mission did YOUR pw do? Cause my pw and ps had the exact same L50 hull missions, so my PW needed the 60 refined phosphorous, and a pw needing ore at all for a mission is silly in my opinion. (I did my PW/PS combo together)

All you need to do is to buy your hull then with credits.

But of course you'd be after the bonus ...

... which woudn't become available if you brought your hull.

... and is subject to change anyway

The HU missions from 50 onwards are there to test the player's resourcefullness. As you can always buy your hull, there will be 'obstacles' to overcome.

My bad guess I was thinking of my L30 hull quest on my PW, but your right needing phosphorous for a PW is absolutely silly.

Maybe this is why they also have other classes in the game that can provide it and forces different char types to interact. Nah that would make to much sense. Just make it so you can log in the first time to a lv 150 char with UBER equipment in GOD mode right? Think you can buy WOW accounts that way.

Yes I suppose it would be blasphemous to expect someone to be able to do their own hull upgrade quest solo. May god forgive our unholy thoughts and spare our worthless souls for believing we might actually be able to accomplish something by ourselves in a MMO.

Yes I suppose it would be blasphemous to expect someone to be able to do their own hull upgrade quest solo. May god forgive our unholy thoughts and spare our worthless souls for believing we might actually be able to accomplish something by ourselves in a MMO.

Let me know when you go for that PW Lvl 30 HU over at Det Center Onorom - I'd like to come watch you solo that. <_<

Let me know when you go for that PW Lvl 30 HU over at Det Center Onorom - I'd like to come watch you solo that. :lol:

??? Ive done the Progen lvl 30 HU mission dozens of times over the last couple of years with a PW and never had a problem doing it at all. ive done it with my PT as well, the only issue I ever had was doing it with a sentinal. Just didnt have the firepower even at lvl 40 to take down that dern captain....

??? Ive done the Progen lvl 30 HU mission dozens of times over the last couple of years with a PW and never had a problem doing it at all. ive done it with my PT as well, the only issue I ever had was doing it with a sentinal. Just didnt have the firepower even at lvl 40 to take down that dern captain....

Right - you didn't do it at Lvl 30, you had to level up higher in order to complete it - and if you couldn't take down the captain then how could you have actually completed it? That's a mission requirement. You *could* have if you were willing to group, which is what I was replying to - somebody upset that some missions push people into grouping. Imagine, gameplay in an MMORPG that requires interaction with other people. *Shudder*.

Jarod,

I think I can see complaints when I make the higher missions:

"Be antisocial and pay; or be social and do the mission..."

Remember, in live if in a group and one member killed the captain every member got their mission updated. That why it is so hard currently, to update you have to kill him.

Jarod,

I think I can see complaints when I make the higher missions:

"Be antisocial and pay; or be social and do the mission..."

Remember, in live if in a group and one member killed the captain every member got their mission updated. That why it is so hard currently, to update you have to kill him.

Yes, that's the tricky part - combined with some of the spawn issues that resulted in severe camping. *If* the spawn is working as desired then everyone camping can just pitch in and rotate through. First iteration nobody but Player A shoots at the Captain, second Player B, etc. It would be nice if standard group kill rules applied but it's not an insurmountable issue . . . so long as people are willing to coop with each other.