Trade runs without job terminals?

I saw some people talking about trade runs for profit and xp.

Are there trade runs that can be done buying and selling from one station to another?

Is that what people are talking about? If so, what do you buy, and where, and where do you sell it?

I saw some people talking about trade runs for profit and xp.

Are there trade runs that can be done buying and selling from one station to another?

Is that what people are talking about? If so, what do you buy, and where, and where do you sell it?

k there are a couple that I know of first somerlad prasad and back

in somerlad buy spice and carry it to prasad then buy Jen weapons tech and carry it to somerlad

the other trade route from somerlad that I know of is somerlad to fenris prime observatory but I havent found the commodities because of the distances involved I havent bothered

hoping this helps

• Upvote 1

k there are a couple that I know of first somerlad prasad and back

in somerlad buy spice and carry it to prasad then buy Jen weapons tech and carry it to somerlad

the other trade route from somerlad that I know of is somerlad to fenris prime observatory but I havent found the commodities because of the distances involved I havent bothered

hoping this helps

For Somerled to Fenris, Buy Research Equipment at Somerled from Jess Edarte, and take it to Fenris, at Fenris buy Nanobots. On the way back to Somerled when you reach Odin Rex, go to Paramis, and take Paramis to Blackbeard's Wake, to Inverness, to shorten the trip a little. (If you have good RD faction then just use Smuggler's Run at Inverness & Muspelheim.)

• Upvote 1

There's also one other run no one's mentioned. After you've gotten Fenris and Aragoth Prime mapped it's a snap. Doesn't make a lot each run, but it's so short, the sheer volume of runs can make you a small fortune very quickly.

The route runs between Fenris Observatory and Aragoth Station, 1 gate away.

It's been called the Poison/Meat route because you shuttle Biotoxins one way, and Frozen Meat the other. Don't ask me which is which. Pick up the one that's for sale at one of those two stations and take it to the other, where you pick up the other cargo and return with it. So fast, can run 30-40 round trips in a real time hour.

The repeats are where the money and trade xp build.

Paul

Elo, Elotrader, Elojd

There's one other run I might mention that should be of interest, particularly at the lower levels.

The Paper Boy routes.

Run the News between Net-7 in Saturn, and Earth Station where you pick up the Earth Updates and return.

Also, Net-7 in Saturn to Sommerled Station in New Edinburgh, return with News Updates from there also.

There are a couple of others, that run longer distances, but those two help generate money quickly especially for lower leveled characters.

Once again, a little each way on a fast run makes money faster than 1 better paying run over a much longer distance.

BBW doesn't save that much time, does it?

Your mileage may vary.

Paul

Elo, Elotrader, Elojd

For the traders, and others too, here's a link to some GREAT information although some of the info is probably NOT up to date.

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/community/coolstuff/index.html - several PDF files with LOTS of good info for all classes. :)

There's one other run I might mention that should be of interest, particularly at the lower levels.

The Paper Boy routes.

Run the News between Net-7 in Saturn, and Earth Station where you pick up the Earth Updates and return.

Also, Net-7 in Saturn to Sommerled Station in New Edinburgh, return with News Updates from there also.

There are a couple of others, that run longer distances, but those two help generate money quickly especially for lower leveled characters.

Once again, a little each way on a fast run makes money faster than 1 better paying run over a much longer distance.

BBW doesn't save that much time, does it?

Your mileage may vary.

Paul

Elo, Elotrader, Elojd

Without good RD faction it saves a little time on the trip from Fenris to Somerled. (you can go to Paramis, then BBW, then Inverness, to get to New Edinburgh, rather than Jot, Freya, Saturn, Glenn, & Carpenter to get there all except Carp are fairly big trips between gates you do have to be careful at Inverness gate) If you have good RD faction then it saves plenty of time.

Bad RD Faction. Somerled to Fenris

Somerled > New Edinburgh > Glenn > Saturn > Akeron's Gate > Freya > Jotenheim > Odin Rex > Odin's Belt > Muspelheim > Aragoth Prime > Valkrye Twins > Fenris > Fenris Prime Observatory.

Good RD Faction Somerled to Fenris.

Somerled > New Edinburgh > Inverness > Smuggler's Run > Muspelheim > Aragoth Prime > Valkrye Twins > Fenris > Fenris Prime Observatory.

(in the reverse if you have good RD to go from Fenris to Somerled.)

I would think that if you have good RD it would save plenty of time. The problem at this time, without the job terminals, is getting your RD faction up, without hurting yourself with other factions. Particularily the 9 playable classes. The way back in live to do it fastest, was to job your PW and PE until they were maxed, say doing jobs between Endriago and Tarsis. Then go to the Nav Construct Area, in Primus, and kill the low level drones by the hundreds, keeping an eye on your Sentinel/Warrior faction, and jobbing again until they were up. When RD reached +2000 you could use their gates. My Progen Sentinel got into BBW this way, at a relatively low level, even at Sunset, she could really just use it for shortcut purposes as her shelds/guns weren't big enough to handle the L48-L56 Manes guarding the best orefields, nor was her reactor strong enough to mine there effectively.

I agree that lower level trade runs that are short distances will produce money relatively fast, however, as your TL goes up, you should go to bigger runs for more Trade XP per good. IMO, start with the paper route between N7 and F7, when the experience starts to fall off noticably, switch to the Spice Run between Somerled & Prasad, and after around TL35 or so, Fenris-Somerled. (Your mileage may vary, as I think chars that can negotiate, get good XP out of those trade runs for longer, they definitely get more profits),

All that is true. My current figures were as a Jenquai Explorer L50 or so. The best numbers I had were for Prasad/Sommerled. Averaged 692 credits/real time minute. Fairly good return on time.

I was running with a L3 Breton engine, L4 Kraken reactor, and an L3 Roadrunner+. Not the stealthiest loadout, you'll agree. Not an equippage I'd recommend for combat. Warped around 3981.

I used gate to gate navigation (i.e. no free warps). I also lost seconds here and there.

You can manage about 4 runs per hour.

Trade buffs (i.e. Grouping with Terran Traders, or being one) will improve your profits. High negotiate will also increase your margins. That's simply my experience.

Profit remains high even at higher levels, though Trade XP has dropped significantly. At L50 (overall), I was getting more XP than credits. At L76 overall, the same run generates about 25% of the Trade XP that it did, seems like.

Your mileage may vary.

Enjoy,

Paul

Elo, Elotrader, Elojd

• 1 month later...

it should also be pointed out that at higher TLs (35 and up) alot classes (all non-terran non-traders) are going to have to break down and do the Fenris-Somerled trade route. The reason being that, unless you've got access to Negotiate, the Spice run starts looking it's funtionality at around TL 32 and becomes all but useless at TL 35... as any form of trader, you can compensate with level 4-5 negotiate (including TEs and TSs, neg 5 and 7, respectively) but as a PW, PS, JE, or JD, you'll have practically no XP gain from spice runs. Your only real options will be selling loot or Fennies.

Hope that helps

Ratchet

• 2 weeks later...

There's one trade route that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Actually it isn't exactly a trade route, it's a 'mission route'.

It is only for Terran Traders and starts in High Earth.

There you can get three repeatable missions. One from Holly, two from Louden. Get them.

Then make the short trip to Salvage Station 6 and kill 7 drones. It won't give you combat experience at the time you're able to pick up all three missions, but you can get soem loot. And it costs almost no time.

Then fly to the solar array and then to the crispen solar array and shoot 10 Bugs. Again it doesn't give exp but some loot.

Next fly to earth station right behind the nearst gate.

There you can sell your loot. Should be around 10k profit at this point. Go and buy the O2 canisters and terran rank insignias for louden.

If your carge hold is large enough, don't by 5 each but rather 10 or 15 each.

Now return to Loki station, talk to Holly and get 7.5k credits and 3000 exp of each type. You can get the missin again right away.

Next talk to lounden and get 2.5Kcred and 3500 EXP each. Talk to him again to reget the mission and again to deliver the first load of trade goods. 5KCred, 2,5K explore experience and 5k trade XP are youres. If you bought 10 or even 15 of ech, you can now talk to louden again to reget the misison and instantly get your reward.

You can do a complete round in a few minutes and will get 20-30k Credits, 6500 Combat XP, 14000 Explore XP and 21500 Trade XP.

And this is independent of your level. So doing this run 20 times will earn you 4 trade, 2 explore and one combat level. In about 2 hours.

There are some similar routes for the other classes (as I've heard), but this one is so extremely useful as you'll get 6500 Combat experience (for just killing 17 low level mobs), which is a nice thing for a TT. You'd need to kill a mob 8-9 CL above you to get the same. This takes longer and costs a lot of missiles, not to count the cost for the missiles and the risk of being fried.

But beware, it's boring! :P