Emu Population Declining?

Ive noticed since I came back in the last couple of months, that a good deal of people that had used to be on, arent around anymore. In fact in general there seem to be fewer even among the die-hards still hanging about.

I noticed on the statistics page for the server on the net7 portal, that this month particularly has been very weak with an average of only 76 logged in per day. We havent seen a population that low in about 2 years, and thats half of what we had last year.

Did I miss something? Did a bunch of people up and quit? Looking at the daily stats we went from 90-100 on avg to 60-70 in one week (around May 1st), and thats been stable since.

I dunno, just something I noticed, wondering if theres something I missed or whatnot. Like I said I did notice a lot of people arent coming around anymore.

I think it may be related to how slowly content has been being pushed out over the past few months. When there is nothing new to do and the current stuff starts to become boring it is natural for the regulars to gradually enter into hibernation waiting for new stuff to arrive. Also the regulars know that ST4 will end eventually and there comes a point when they decide to cut their losses and login less often.
  • Upvote 2

Actually there is one other thing you need to take into account also, real life. Look at the time of year it is and the average age of the fan base. What else is going on right about now?Schools are just letting out in the recent and next few weeks! What is the average age of the fan base? Middle age, they have kiddies! So now they are either lucky enough to have the ability to take a couple of weeks off and drag the family about the map, enjoying some family time.Or if they can't get the time off, or for whatever other reason....they now have smaller versions of themselves taking a greater portion of their attention throughout the day.

In he immortal words of Alice Cooper, "...schools out for summer!......Schools out for every!....schools out Yay!" *of course the parents are saying "oh....crap....." :)

I have 4 lvl 150 toons i love the game but i have dam near killed and looted everything times 4 it is getting boring
i have stoped donating and playing if there isnt any new content im sure the population will decline into nothing

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1338371761' post='58376']
I think it may be related to how slowly content has been being pushed out over the past few months. When there is nothing new to do and the current stuff starts to become boring it is natural for the regulars to gradually enter into hibernation waiting for new stuff to arrive. Also the regulars know that ST4 will end eventually and there comes a point when they decide to cut their losses and login less often.
[/quote]

I have to agree with this. I like mining, but most of what I mine gets vendored, for lack of anything better to do with it.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing and saying what I feel.
There is also some new games out that have taken away our player base. ( [url="http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=diablo&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CHgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diablo3.com%2F&ei=5WPGT4POGdTxggf71uyJBw&usg=AFQjCNHH2Z4SAWT6Jq3QWtHEDQ8an3vXPw"][color="#1122cc"][b]Diablo[/b] III[/color][/url] )
I think also some people feel that their Class could use a little more TLC. ( Items that will keep some what of a balance )
I'd love to see something for the Jenquai like the Aggrippa thing.

Hell yesterday I created My First Progen ! Me A Progen ?! Greyfeather and Silva are shaking their heads Nooo.
There is something else that could be done to pacify while waiting for new content, but thats another Topic thread.

The skills for the new classes need to be finalized, and equipment for them needs to come into the game. The JT still hasn't found her niche, neither has the Scout. The PT can get by on Crit 5 and 5 guns, but more is needed to distinguish him as well. Right now there are 4 scout only items in the database, 2 JT Only (used to be 3 but Bandy's Boosters got changed from Jenquai Only Trader Only, to Progen Restricted Trader Only), while the PT has 1 PT Only item it's L2.

Meh, I think I'm done for awhile. Honestly can't wait for a wipe, new content, or something.... anything... lol. I'm on of those regulars that's gonna cut their losses, check back in every few months to see whats up. Until then, I dunno, maybe I'll head back to my real time strategy roots and hit up SC2 or D3 or something... just done it all seen it all... and like terrell mining is where its at for me mainly, and giving stuff away, but, like Terrell, most of what i mine gets vendored unless its something ancient.... As of now its over for me, I've had enough of the monotony.

There's plenty of new content coming even though it's been slow lately. Surely another thing on your mind is the donation cap and how we haven't quite reached it this month. Donation cap will become less of a concern in the next few months because we switched to less expensive servers. I'll see if I can get a finances update so we can see how close we are to a comfortable margin then we can begin decreasing the donation cap.

Population decline is a self-fulfilling prophecy because if you think the population is declining you'll be less likely to play. Content has been a little light lately and thank you for bringing that up. Part of that is due to behind the scenes work, also the delayed content update and people's busy schedules. Just remember that a great way to help the emulator succeed is to believe it is succeeding rather than to think it is declining. I think it's succeeding because I can see all the work that developers AND players are putting into it. The future is bright and I'm not worried about a population dip.

P.S. another way to help the emulator succeed is to make more bug reports and practical suggestions. :)

Ive been working on the boat and going to the lake, Its not that I dont want to play, just that Fishing has its place in life to.... and I cant get online from the middle of the lake =p
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1338433298' post='58386']
P.S. another way to help the emulator succeed is to make more bug reports and practical suggestions. :)
[/quote]

/signed

Help the BETA team keep the DEVs busy!

[quote name='Red' timestamp='1338441480' post='58388']
Ive been working on the boat and going to the lake, Its not that I dont want to play, just that Fishing has its place in life to.... and I cant get online from the middle of the lake =p
[/quote]

FISHING ! Yea my boat also needs work. To much to start on, replacing the floor boards.

You guys are silly .. LoL .. you know darned good and well that you are not going anywhere. Now, hurry up and log back in so that we can stress test(tm) this thing. [i][b]GALI[/b][/i]

Diablo 3 was fun for a couple weeks but it didn't hook me. I have been spending a chunk of time in two betas for games I will be playing a lot this year: Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2.

Not sure how doable this would be for a dev(s) but it might be cool to have a spawn in event every once in a while. Maybe post about it before hand and then drop in a mad amount of mobs in a particular sector. Kind of like a mini-raid. Might be a cool way to test any mob skills or AI changes.

That's a pretty good idea Crichton. I remember the end of ST3 where there were mobs of all kinds nearly everywhere. The Gate Guardian turret in Jupiter (sector gate to Saturn) saved my JT's skin when she was attacked by Blackbeard. It was pretty fun, though I was thinking escape, rather than fight, and found a quiet little area in VC to hunt that was away from the event. Also remember the time that Marco let those planet eaters loose, one of which ate Saturn. Something like that on occasion, with interesting drops, would be pretty cool.

hey guys :0
i myself kinda got bored and played some other stuff, but it didnt really hook me as well.i really loved the great times ive had here and hope to have more as new stuff comes out. ive been watching the forums and waiting for something to draw me back in. im sure it will come.
a forum announced,sector-wide mobfest free for all sounds great! im sure i will be hooked again after awhile ,as i was playing up to 10-12 hours a day lol

B

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1335542960' post='57097']
I would like to make a suggestion that in the new sectors we experiment or have High level Mobs to kill and hunt. Something in the range of level 55-60. I really don't care what they are as long as its something different to hunt.

As far as I can remember there is NPC there with the Level ranges of 12-45 and not much for the High level players. I would like to see some Jenquai, Terran and Progen NPC with the Levels of 55+ with the AI to go with them.

The Chevez In Paramis have a very good use of the Fold space and Summon skill. add the Energy Leech and Shield Leech to the Jenquai NPC in Mercury or where ever you see fit. And For God sake Give a few of them some missiles and Cloak :mad:

Make it easy for The DEVs Just put them in. And we can come up with missions or Jobs to suit their existence in future patches In Beta or Alpha.

If I do one more FB I think I'll turn into a Fish!

Phorlaug.
[/quote]

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1336763370' post='57720']
How hard is it really to put in the X-mas and Holloween stuff every year?
Put in a few Level 60-66 Jenquai in Swooping Eagle, Kailaasa and Yokan just like the Centuriata at Arx Tiberius in Tarsis.

Have a squadron of the Factioned NPC flying around patroling the new sectors Dropping some new items.
If there is any help needed coming up with new Item idea's I'll volunteer. :) And I'd test them on the Jenquai side :)

I'm Just saying.

Phorlaug
[/quote]

Blattu Are you kidding theres more excitment on the Forums. :P Hang out here. /camp
Oh I can here that. "I hate that Phorlaug"

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1338433298' post='58386']
[/quote]

Some of mine that I started threads on in the past.

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/2034-eris-dysnomia-oort-cloud/page__hl__eris__fromsearch__1"]Eris & Dysnomia, Oort Cloud.[/url]

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/6777-tlaloc/page__hl__tlaloc__fromsearch__1"]Tlaloc[/url]

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5504-traders-explorers/page__hl__%2Btraders+%2Band+%2Bexplorers__fromsearch__1"]Traders & Explorers.[/url]

There are others in Suggestions by other players.

That's good to know Tienbau

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1338480397' post='58399']
FISHING ! Yea my boat also needs work. To much to start on, replacing the floor boards.
[/quote]
My deck is rotted too :mad: gonna toss a sheet of plywood over it for the season then rip it out and redo it over the winter.

Also, I too herd of a possible wipe comming up. It did effect my play, did more searching for ore locations for lvls when the game restarted.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1338516831' post='58424']
Some of mine that I started threads on in the past....
(snip)
[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5504-traders-explorers/page__hl__%2Btraders+%2Band+%2Bexplorers__fromsearch__1"]Traders & Explorers.[/url]
(snip)
[/quote]

Both Traders and Explorers need some examination and thinking. MMOs have been focused on combat, story, and levelling, with exploration and commerce taking a back seat, and it shows. It's going to be interesting to see if Guild Wars 2 adds anything to exploration (they're behind the curve for manufacturing and commerce, so I don't expect much there). For exploration, is it worth discussing what EVE did (wormhole space, archaeology, specialized content)?

(edit) This small comment turned into something that really needs its own post, so It's going there. Edited by Daulnay
suggestion

• 2 weeks later...
well i just found out that enb is back , really missed this game too bad i cant get all my old toons back to . i've already told a few old gulides from the original enb when we played there looking forward to playing this was our favorite game . so ill be playing as much as i can .

I lost an interest for MMO(s). After sunset I tried Eve, SWG, played wow for years and then became burned out as it dawned on me that any MMO I had ever played was a huge timesink in order to get anywhere. EnB was the only exception to this and then I found out about the emulator. I don't really care that it takes a long time for content to be released. I play casually, and putting miles on my Harley will always come before any video game. When I am not riding though, I will play earth and beyond. To the devs, Keep on keepin on.
  • Upvote 1