Idea's

Hullo Everyone, I have some idea's running through my mind about our community and game, these are just an idea or suggestions no more. Lets get started

1. within Guild list ingame not Net7 site or the terminal, would it be possible to show Individuals online or offline an their current location? this would save allot time an convenience to all, instead of asking Where is you at :D I know we can go to the site see when the last login is, it's helpful, but not like it would be ingame, currently the Friends list does this, it is limited tho to the amount of Friends added there, a cap in other words,

2.The New mail system good an all, we still must go outside to the web site to log in to use the Intergalactic Net ingame, I would suggest putting it as a Tab above Chat, interface with a terminal as a Bank, for more storage, I played allot games, one game or two have an excellent Bank an EMail system, the games are, Starwargalaxies, which is offline now, an the other game is Age of Conan, their Email system an Bank Vault rather nice an user Friendly ingame, meaning we don't have to go outside the game to log in, just an idea, also they have an auction, where we could sell items either looted, of player made, we could have the same, call it our Vender or Bazaar Terminal or machine.

3. Personal Nav Points, or as I call them, Waypoints, it be convenient to apply or input on our Individual Maps on each Character Personal Nav Points for marking a favorite locations, by right clicking when the Map is open an where we are located ship wise input a Nav point, an name it to what ever we like within in reason the amount of fonts or letters used

These just some ideas, no more or less, don't know if it's even possible to do, ok, Thank you if like the ideas, if not, thats fine too :D

Brack

Edited by Brack

1. No

2. No

3. This is something TB better answers

1:
This is limited by the client and as far as i know it has no such packets for that list

2:
AFAIK the Ingame Terminal is the only one sending a status back to the server, so we can make sure the toon is locked.
Im not sure if the menue tabs having same functionality but i can check this.
So far, we must use IGT therefore.

Brack,

1 and 2. Because we don't have the code for the game client, it's very difficult, often impossible, to change client-side things (#1 and 2). The web team build amazingly good workarounds of this limitation for the mail and vault features found in more modern MMOs. In some ways, they are better - you can transfer stuff between your characters' storage without needing to log them in.

3. Personal nav points are more of a database/server thing, and in theory possible. That's Tienbau's area of expertise.

Thank you for the replies, and getting back so quickly, These are just some ideas I had, am enjoying all that you do for us, an all the improvements are Outstanding as well. I do use and test all that you provide for the Community, in fact Friends email items form time to time, it saves them time waiting on us if were doing something else and clear across the Galaxy :D

my ideas are like pulling a rabbit out of the hat, so take it with a grain of salt as they say :)

Thank you again

Brack

Maybe a partial solution to bracks idea on 1. My sometimes faulty memory remembers something from live...he is requesting a "show guild members on line and were they are located, and were they are parked when offline"
Thats sort of a threefer, as quoted above that would take a alteration to client to show were they are parked, or were they are located and thus a no no.
However, faulty memory asside, in live I distinctly remember that you could go to the guild pane and see who was currently on line, it was simple, when you scrolled the member roster list, greyed out member names were off line and white names were on line. This didn't tell you if they were AFK, or if they were switching toons, or DCed etc, there was a little lag factor for sure, but you could get a idea if they were online or just had been so.