More Arrgrippa Problems

Peakahtoopp has completed Stage III reactors(at least thats what Vegeto tells me).

Scuti tells me I've completed Stage II shields, but when I go thru the talk tree for stage III; she tells me "[i]Well, you have successfully completed Stage I & Stage II of Agrippa Technology Shield research. Lets have a look to see what is missing[/i]" <more>

When I click on <more> Scuti closes the dialogue; it exits out. When I try to talk to Scuti again about it, it gets to exactly the same point & dialogue closes. How can I advance to stage III shield research if she wont talk to me after that?

Ok, next issue:

I have been through Stage I & II components far enough to get Stage II encryptions, but have talked to everyone in NV & no where in any talk tree do they give me any info or missions for the substrates that are used in flechette ammo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I think Scuti stage 3 is 8000 Collegia (modififed by whatever voodoo Byakhee put in with the dynamic stuff) + 2M credits.
Vegato has the same requirements so Scuti might have a new bug in the dialog ...

Have you tried showing Composita a sample of Flechette ammo (might need to show L7)?
That might open up the subtrate choices.

I well over 8k collegia; & no, havent tried showing Scuti the ammo, yet, will try it, tho. On a side note, Peakahtoops has completed all 3 stages for shield & devices; have the builds for tactical advantage, all 3, & all 3 skirmish shields. When Ps talks to Scuti, Scuti hangs up at exactly the same place "[i]Well, you have successfully completed Stage I & Stage II of Agrippa Technology Shield research. Lets have a look to see what is missing[/i]" <more>

Ty Lot, showing Composita the L7 Impact Flechette ammo with PeakahtooPP did the trick, he opened up the talk trees for the substrates. :) Scuti, on the other hand, still seems to be bugged for all 3 of my chars; still closing dialogue at the same point

Yes.

I'm working on trying to get Scuti's Default Talk Tree sorted so she is more helpful.
However this does use a lot of conditions to check for example if you have :

a. Mission 1
b. Mission following on from 1
c. Correct Skill level
d. Item required?
e. Faction required?

If (c== true /\ d == true /\ e == true)
then

if (a==true /\ b == false)
Give a hint as to what is needed for b

else

Check another condition check (in a list of several)

The plan is that the player response text should match the mission that you can currently do or are doing and give a small hint. Of course this does mean for example each talk stage could have upwards of 20+ player responses (of which only 4 can be viewed) but if my conditions have been correctly implemented and [i]the code for the conditions which is out of my domain [/i]is correctly implemented, then there should be only one or 2 ("Exit") on view at any [i]k[sup]th[/sup][/i] part of your mission line at any one time.

Once it is confirmed that scuti is [i]implementation [/i][i]error free[/i] (ignore typos currently) then the same concept can be rolled across to others. So instead of a static talk tree you should get a talk tree that reflects your current position in the game (that is the intention).