Net-7 Portal Update 11/05/2012..

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Net7 Entertainment Portal Update: [/font][/color][color=#00FF00][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]ONLINE[/b][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Author(s): The Webdev Team:[/font][/color]

[b]Public Section:[/b][list]
[*][b]Major rehaul of layout and functionality[/b]
[*][b]Added: Ingame Item Mail system [/b]
[*][b]Added: WebHelp Chat (Live support) for Portal related(!) issues[/b]
[*]Fixed: Workaround for new server showing no buildlist for items with more then 1500 builders
[*]Fixed: Itemdetails showing Stacksize again for ammo/items
[*]Added: Itemdetails showing base damage and range for ammo items
[*]Fixed: Error in Avatar transfer when transfering toons to fresh created accounts
[*]Lot of minor bugfixes
[/list]
[b]Dev/GM tools:[/b][list]
[*]Added logs for item transfer
[*]Account linking Logs
[*]Account deletion Logs
[*]Staff Time Logs
[/list]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Please bare in mind that although[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] we have tested all the features of the new site to the best of our ability there is a chance that you will find a bug or a typo.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So we ask if you could please post in the "Tech Support" forums under the "NET7 Website" Post and and all problems that you experience.[/font][/color]

[b][color=#FF0000]ANYONE FINDING ANY EXPLOITS AND USING THEM TO GAIN AN IN GAME ADVANTAGE, WILL HAVE THEIR ACCOUNT BANNED ![/color][/b]
[b][color=#FF0000]IF YOU DO FIND ANYTHING, PLEASE PM ME AND WE WILL CORRECT IT.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#FF0000]EVERYTHING WE HAVE ADDED ON THIS RELEASE IS LOGGED... SO WE WILL FIND OUT ![/color][/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]With all that said, I would like to thank the WebDev Team for the time and effort once again.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Enjoy ![/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Looking good - Well Done, Just one thing tho. When we log into net7 is it possible for our login to carry over to the forum, just so we don't log in twice?

Thanks

Nexis Edited by nexis

[quote name='nexis' timestamp='1336733425' post='57691']
Looking good - Well Done, Just one thing tho. When we log into net7 is it possible for our login to carry over to the forum, just so we don't log in twice?

Thanks

Nexis
[/quote]

Thanks for the comments.

I would suggest you press then "Remember Me" Button on each of the sites to save you logging in every visit.

*their =]

You said typos, one in your post, "there account" =]

Also, as said in game, site looks amazing, actually makes the game itself look like a fossil with such a modern site XD

=] Edited by Ryle

Thanks for the new features! great job :)

The only thing I recognized is that the site seems to be a bit slower (for me). Maybe thats propably my ISP. Edited by tc78

Issue: After logging in to portal try any operation the portal reports "Log in first" in a red bar across screen. Logging in does not show a list of avatars either.

Issue: How to change the e-mail address on the portal or does it matter? I have changed e-mail address used on the forum a few weeks ago and it no longer matches what the portal has on record. Is this causing the above issue?

With a different account (with e-mail addresses that match in both places) the first issue does not occur.

Any ideas or clues what is wrong?

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1336894009' post='57860']
Any ideas or clues what is wrong?
[/quote]

Hello Lot,

yes:
Due to the latest Portal changes - and now where you can see all avatars at once - we got aware of an old design-flaw that is existing already a long time.
So we had to change some piece of code that is related to the linked accounts and email address.

This is the reason why some (or all) of your linked game-accounts can become inaccessable from the portal: Your forum email has changed in the past but your game-account mail hasnt.

We are currently adding a page where you can "sync" your email-address stored with the game accounts to the email-address stored with the forum-account email address.

While writing this i update your game-account email addresses so you can access all toons again:
Can you send me a PN quick and name all game-accounts with your toons?

Tnx!

Thanks Zackman -- synchronizing the e-mail address using the new portal feature worked.

All avatars appearing again and operations on the portal work now too.

Nice to hear Lot!

With the new Portal we have come accross an old design-flaw that was fixed now. This is affecting the linked game-accounts and what toons you can access on portal.
That why we added a "mail resync page" to the portal, so you guys can match your email address stored with your game-account(s) to the current mailaddress used with your forum account.

If you ever changed your mailaddress in the forums and you are missing toons now since Portalpage update - resync your game-account mailaddresses please.
You will find the link on the very mainpage on Net7-Portal at the bottom.

[b]This is essential to bring back missing toons on the left side on the Net-7 portal.[/b]

Yay!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Skrapp
Just popped back over to see how things were going / maybe reinstall and play a bit again, and I just wanted to say:

Your redo of Net7 is AWESOME. Well done sirs and/or madams, well done indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
I dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but in the character planner/skill points thing for Terran Scouts, the ranks are wrong. It goes corporal and sergeant and so on instead of like Spotter and Elite Ranger

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1340021555' post='59144']
I dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but in the character planner/skill points thing for Terran Scouts, the ranks are wrong. It goes corporal and sergeant and so on instead of like Spotter and Elite Ranger
[/quote]

There seems to be quite a few errors on the planner. I imagine they are waiting until they finally get the class skills how they want them before they fix the planner.