Ts.....how Bout

Sarkan again...ive noticed alot of Jenquai and Progen commenting on my skill suggestions for the TS and once again the ideas are knocked by them cuase lord forbid a TS have a little help in the Combat area, the thought of being equals scare thems i know.We Ts's arent a combat class persay but running away awards NOBODY exp which alot of you say is the TSs advantage.....and the class isnt played alot souly on the fact that its pretty much useless in raids, Yes i said it and no matter how much you Jenquai and Progen want to argue the fact that we are usefull its not true....If the TSs specialty is speed then they of all people should have the know how to use that for other means....i suggest the skill Hyper Shield...a temp power conversion from the warp core to the shields increasing its regeneration for an extended amount of time then at high skill lvls it can be used on other group members......This way they dont have a COMBAT ADVANTAGE instead a Deffensive advantage

Afterburn is supposed to give a defensive bonus, I think at L5 there's a 5% chance that incoming shots will miss (or do 0 damage). Perhaps that should be increased. I already think that this skill should be a L7 skill to begin with, so higher defensive bonuses should be doable. Perhaps 10% at L7. The 2 new levels could have bigger defensive bonuses from the bonus that's inherent in the skill, as well as increased maneuverabilty (higher Missile defense). I'd also waive any formation requirements, that apply to Afterburn and make it apply to all group members within a certain range (at time of activation) for the duration of the skill (you don't have to stay in range to keep the effects). Higher levels would give greater distance with max giving a range of 5K.

[size=5][sub]I would love to see Afterburn skill get a cap boost and go to L7, they could call it "Going Plaid".[/sub][/size] Edited by Bloody Riz

They will see skill changes soon but trust me, the TS [i][u][b]will not[/b][/u][/i] surpass the PS in Combat effectiveness, at least not without the best gear that could possibly be had for the TS. The scout is described in the official documents to "think Millenium Falcon" which is to say, a freighter that flies fastest in the galaxy, and packs a tough punch but only tough enough meant to confuse someone and get away. They aren't toe to toe sluggers, and never will be.
  • Upvote 2

errytime you all say TS i think of ventrilo

>.>

Anyway, we could call l7 afterburn arriba andale vamonos, and also give it like 15% damage redux and turn our little scouts into damage dodging mexican mice

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1336750296' post='57708']
They will see skill changes soon but trust me, the TS [i][u][b]will not[/b][/u][/i] surpass the PS in Combat effectiveness, at least not without the best gear that could possibly be had for the TS. The scout is described in the official documents to "think Millenium Falcon" which is to say, a freighter that flies fastest in the galaxy, and packs a tough punch but only tough enough meant to confuse someone and get away. They aren't toe to toe sluggers, and never will be.
[/quote]

No disagreement there, in combat the explorers should rank JE<TE<PE. Scout should be useful in combat support, but should be brought to a group for that, not for it's ability to dish out pain (something it's not good at). I think that when it comes to the Scout & JT it's a matter of finding things that those two can contribute that make them needed and useful, while still having a need for the JE and TT. It's a tough thing to figure out exactly how to do.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1336759199' post='57715']...I think that when it comes to the Scout & JT it's a matter of finding things that those two can contribute that make them needed and useful, while still having a need for the JE and TT. It's a tough thing to figure out exactly how to do.[/quote]

JS, stealth, and great energy conservation.
TS, speed, and effect avoidance.

[quote name='Bloody Riz' timestamp='1336760417' post='57717']
JS, stealth, and great energy conservation.
TS, speed, and effect avoidance.
[/quote]

The JT and JE are both good with energy and the JE is better. Right now the JT has Reactor Optimization for that, as well as the devices she gets for being Jenquai. JE has devices to transfer reactor energy, group bonus to reactor recharge, & Shield Leech (energy from enemy's shields). The good thing is that the Reactor Opt works on top of the things that the JE brings. If you have both a JE and a JT together you have more energy than if you only have one of them, but one can get by with only the JE, since the JE also brings the Jumpstart skill and has more ways to give you energy. This may change as JT equipment is introduced, that remains to be seen. The JW also brings energy leech, but I don't know if that's fully effective yet.

The Scout has a defensive bonus to group via afterburn, as well as the speed bonus to group. Unless you're in gravity shear the rest of what the Scout does is redundant, but that may also change when Scout specific equipment is introduced.

I think that they should make some new activatables for both classes. Some of that could be new effects not seen before, others could be a few effects that are hard to get on the original 6 classes, assuming that the hard to get effect isn't overpowered. Some of those hard to find effects may need to be toned down some if they'll be more common in the Scout & Seeker.

Apparently some of you are extreme racist towards your class........I dont want the terran to be a better fighter then the progen nor do i want them to be as stealthy as a Jenquai and 90% of those replying to this dont even play a TS.....................TS are ubber weak............they need something other then a device at lvl 135.................................O yeah they are fast and they are supposed to run away...........ok then give them combat exp when running away.....i give up im done with the TS i try my but off ..........how bout the TS has a Skill called YELLOW BELLY and when the group is in danger if forces a warp speed retreat up to 100k away from target.........woot woot yeee hawww splurp floop

I have a TS. I play her daily as of late. What more should a TS have than 4 weapons slots and 5 device slots, to your notion? If you feel your TS is uber weak, perhaps you don't have yours equipped properly. Perhaps you are playing yours in the role of a PW and getting your arse handed to you regularly, and that is why you feel it is weak. I haven't got the answers to what has you all up in arms over your TS being so weak. But I CAN speak for my TS. I am quite happy with what and how she works. She is NOT a warrior class. She is an explorer class, and I would put her up against ANY other explorer class (I have all three) and be qutie happy with how she can handle herself.

Why don't you try tweaking your techniques and equipment and stop trying to tweak the entire class. You are the only one I hear in here complaining on a regular basis about how much your TS sucks. Just a thought ....

TS can still kill above its level... Granted it's a lot harder than for a TE, but its better than a TT if it's set up right. I love my TS spite its lack of depth that the original 6 classes have. I had more fun leveling it up than any other class. Not quite sure why, because I love smash mouth combat on my PW. Of the 3 miners I have I definitely like the TS best. I use my TS in raids mostly as a impact debuffing hull patching jumpstarter.

I also have a Scout, she's not my main toon, but she's fun to play. Her name is Torrie, she's L119, I'm still working on her CLs but she's quite able to handle her own against apropriate level orefield guardians. All 3 explorers can kill above their CL with the right equipment & tactics, though the PE has that easiest and should. She's also a better device builder than a JE or PE because she has no racial restrictions on building, and she has Negotiate 5. I don't have a problem with her being unable to build her own ammo, as my JT, TW, TT, and PT can all do it for her as necessary, and the vault transfer service makes it even easier.

If you're using explosive get a salamander (explosive debuffer), all explorers can debuff explosive, but the Scout is the class most likely to use that type of damage. Scouts can also use the Rada line of PM debuffers for Plasma, but those only go up to L5.

My main is a maxed level TS named Shea, and she s a regular fighter, not because she is uber tough, but because she is decently equipped and played. I never take her into a fight thinking she is a warrior, and pick her battle grounds out carefully.