Fileplanet Key For Demo

Read through the faq on how to get this up and running but I can't get past the first step. I'm running a window 7 32 bit OS, and i've tried running as administrator and disabling windows defender, but when I double click the demo installer it asks me for a product key from fileplanet.com, and the only options it gives is "Ok" which tries to launch a website (www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx) which gives me a error "http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx application not found" which has an "ok" button, and if you click that you get another error message that says "could not execute the external program "http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx" and then you get another "ok" button... and if you click that, it kicks me back to the desktop and nothing else happens. I've tried downloading the file from a couple different locations to see if that would fix it, but they both do the same thing.

There is no key needed for the "Demo" you do get the fileplanet site loading but just close it down.
The installer should continue past this and install the game.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

• 2 weeks later...
If you can, I'd try downloading the demo again from the site, rebooting your machine and taking it step by step. hes right, that shouldn't be required as our launcher will set up the client as registered when patching you.

• 1 year later...

I've recently been trying to re-install the game and I am experiencing the same issue, as described above. I have never encountered this problem before after installing it countless times, even on windows 8 and 8.1 successfully. I've tried downloading the client installer over and over and I keep getting the same error as above. 

Edited by FishJD

Okay well I fixed the problem. It was an error when there is no program/browser associated to handle http links. I remedied this by switching my default browser to IE (eew) and the installer works again. Now to change back to Chrome.. ;)

lol, yes this was designed when firefox (and most other alternates) were little more than a glimmer in someone's eye. Recommend trying to use IE for the install process. What you do after that is up to you, until something totally surpasses IE int he browser saturation, I think you'll have to expect things like this ;)

Oh, it's still there Jamoos. It may be hidden, but it's a core feature of windows. It doesn't actually uninstall itself. You just don't have access to it if you turn the feature off and restart.