Item Search Filter - Owned - Usable

hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for the question/suggestion. If not, I'll delete the post.

When there will be another improvement of the net-7 webpage database, would it be possible to add two filter possibilities (personally the first would be great, the second would also help)

1.) An "owned" tag to the search queries? I mean do a normal search but only show items that are owned by one of my characters.

2.) A "usable" filter At the moment we have: race and profession restrictions. maybe it would be interesting for other as well to select "Can be used by ... TE, PW, ..."

From my point of view this would enhance the usability while not causing too much work (if you only have to change the sql statements and pray performance will be fine ;) ).

I know - devs have enough things to do to fix bugs etc. but when there is time for some improvements, this would be nice. :)

Thx, TC

[quote name='tc78' timestamp='1336123771' post='57379']
hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for the question/suggestion. If not, I'll delete the post.

When there will be another improvement of the net-7 webpage database, would it be possible to add two filter possibilities (personally the first would be great, the second would also help)

1.) An "owned" tag to the search queries? I mean do a normal search but only show items that are owned by one of my characters.

2.) A "usable" filter At the moment we have: race and profession restrictions. maybe it would be interesting for other as well to select "Can be used by ... TE, PW, ..."

From my point of view this would enhance the usability while not causing too much work (if you only have to change the sql statements and pray performance will be fine ;) ).

I know - devs have enough things to do to fix bugs etc. but when there is time for some improvements, this would be nice. :)

Thx, TC
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestions !

1. Cant see this being an major re-code, Ill add it to the list of possibles
2. So maybe 6 Tick boxes that you select as part of the search ? 1 for each ?

We are busy at the moment with a "Major" release but as always, Good ideas will go to the top of the list :)

[quote name='Paul' timestamp='1334826417' post='56896']
Could we get a something to check wether the toon actually has the skills needed to make an item?
[/quote]

That one ?

Yup, only suggestions but I think it would make it a bit easier when trying to find someone to build stuff for you. Anyway, I kinda hijacked tc's thread so I will leave it to him/her :)

Another thing that may be nice, on the usable by, that it apply to searches by effect as well as by name or equipment type. If I want to get an item with the boost Projectile range buff, that's usable by a Jenquai toon, would be nice to not have any equipment that a JE/JW/JT cannot actually use.

Shaddex, Paul - i post my reply from the other thread here too:

Valid point - even if you own this recipe stil, you can't build anymore due to lacking skill.
So i would still list the builder (cuz he has builds listed as well), but maybe add a column informing if the builder is still able to build that particular item.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1336151616' post='57389']
Another thing that may be nice, on the usable by, that it apply to searches by effect as well as by name or equipment type.
[/quote]

Knew/Saw that coming already... ;)