High Level Killing Fields.

I would like to make a suggestion that in the new sectors we experiment or have High level Mobs to kill and hunt. Something in the range of level 55-60. I really don't care what they are as long as its something different to hunt.

As far as I can remember there is NPC there with the Level ranges of 12-45 and not much for the High level players. I would like to see some Jenquai, Terran and Progen NPC with the Levels of 55+ with the AI to go with them.

The Chevez In Paramis have a very good use of the Fold space and Summon skill. add the Energy Leech and Shield Leech to the Jenquai NPC in Mercury or where ever you see fit. And For God sake Give a few of them some missiles and Cloak :mad:

Make it easy for The DEVs Just put them in. And we can come up with missions or Jobs to suit their existence in future patches In Beta or Alpha.

If I do one more FB I think I'll turn into a Fish!

Phorlaug.
  • Upvote 1

I too would love to see/add new, but we are at a point of fix,fix,and yes, fix. This is priority 1 on the list .
Storyline alighnment needs to be established, and in place.
It is just around the corner, but things need to work first.

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][sup]I'm with Paul. I haven't done a fish bowl since live but as a JD/JE I never lasted long. But I did like hunting in DT and Ardus [/sup][/font][/size]

Since there are sectors on the map that we don't have yet, but will likely get at some point in the future, some of these locations could have 55-60 hunting grounds, in much of their areas. There could also be some stuff in the 49-54 range in parts of the sectors as well for those players who choose to hunt solo, particularily with weaker classes. In adding additional places for high level hunting, which is good, since there should be more to do than raids at endgame, don't forget to add some for lower and middle level toons as well. Over the long run more content for all classes and levels is better IMO. Helps to keep the game fresh, and fun to play.
  • Upvote 1

After Our last Fish Bowl I was looking at the map over my monitor trying to decide where to so for a solo hunt, I wanted something different.
I would love to see Ardus and DT up and open but thats going to take a lot of effort, time, testing and fixing.

Evermore, I know we are in a Fix the Fix mode and most of us understand that and are patiently waiting.
I think what we are trying to say is add it, make it simple, keep it fresh, Keep them interested, Mix it up, keep them playing and get / keep them donating especially when they have the "W" hanging over there heads.

a.k.a. Pacifier

• Upvote 1

A question, not to sound like a jerk or anything or unappreciative to what the DEV's are doing here. Why would you not want to add everything in game, as in V'rix, full bogeril, Ard, and all the other stuff from live? To me it would make more sence to do that as bugs most likely will occur when all those things are added later. If they get added now they can be fixed now instead of having to fix them later, for storyline purposes they can be taken back out or the certain sectors can be closed when everything is said and done. This is supposed to be a stress test, correct?

[quote name='Rossdie' timestamp='1335777574' post='57193']
A question, not to sound like a jerk or anything or unappreciative to what the DEV's are doing here. Why would you not want to add everything in game, as in V'rix, full bogeril, Ard, and all the other stuff from live? To me it would make more sence to do that as bugs most likely will occur when all those things are added later. If they get added now they can be fixed now instead of having to fix them later, for storyline purposes they can be taken back out or the certain sectors can be closed when everything is said and done. This is supposed to be a stress test, correct?
[/quote]
One thing at a time grasshopper....adding too many things at once would royaly screw everything up...but that is my personnel opinion. As a helicopter mechicanic for most of my live (62 yrs LOL) you take one step at t time. Shotgunning only leads to weeks of rework. And we all know rework takes from profit. ( or in this case game time)

I'll go with Azwood on this one, slow and steady here, i can vaguely remember tienbau or kyp stating that they don't fully understand the code and are only working with small pieces of it (something to that effect correct me if im wrong), so yeah, if they put everything without carefully working out beforehand what it might do to client we could have a disarster on our keyboards!

if/when we add these things we want them to be complete. Sure we could throw a bunch of vrix models in there but they wouldn't scan you, they wouldn't say random junk, they can't use that mirror skill. We'd have to go through a bunch of talk trees to work them into the storyline, add missions and move objects (add the eye of god and such). We'd have to set all their drops and mob information and add their spawn points and they wouldn't patrol around like they used to. Not that we'd add the vrix anyway since they are a myth.

a bunch of little things are needed for ardus and DT as well. Ardus had special types of ore fields and a special way of entry. DT had roadkill, raids, developed NPC talk trees, missions and special things like turning in those casings to get the components for a sunfocus 2000 and the other new weapons.

many of these little details we can reconstruct already though they will take time. We're not trying to add broken content then slowly fine tune it into the EnB we know and love. When we release things we want them to be polished and ready to fit in to the rest of the universe.

As for the idea of putting storyline things in to fix them then take them out, that reveals the storyline we are going to follow. Also players don't like having things taken away from them. We can also do the majority of this testing/fixing on the development server.

If what your saying if true, then why is there other raids in the game? Fish bowl, Mordana, The Controller, Ghost of Blackbeard, these raids are in now but have no relation to storyline. I'm guessing you won't add Ardus and DT because they have relationship to the storyline in the future. Although, the storyline you guys will start with is completely new compared to enb live from 2002-2004. I thought i read somewhere that the storyline would take place a year before enb live came out. Also, because of the new storyline, new content would be in place for this.
  • Upvote 1

ooowweee roadkill forgot about them... think fish bowl was added for the players since it was the biggest raid that everyone could do.

Me..I want to hunt Scottie when the time comes.

My vote is for Ascendant Voltoi in Dahin. Ahh I remember the long hours of camping the Philosopher. Good times. :P

Seems like it would be an easy event to add, but I could be wrong. High level content and I don't think it had a story line to it - but that was years ago.

The fishbowl, Blackbeard, and other raids are in due to the dedication and many, many, many hours of coding, testing, tweaking of the DEV staff, present and past.

There is no magic button to add a raid.

These things are literally done from scratch.

You have sector DEVs who have to help create the area for the raids.
You have Content DEVs who help design the story, the actual event, etc.
You have item DEVs who have to make sure the loot is correctly dropping, and working.
You have mob DEVs who make sure the mobs are using the correct skills, weapons, pathing correctly, and using the correct model.
You have the main DEVs who have to code new skills, events, etc for the raid to work correctly.

All of these guys have to work together to make each raid.

And then the BETA staff has to extensively test it, over and over, reporting the issues to the lead DEVs to relay to the teams.

Once ALL that is done, it will go live on PLAY.

How hard is it really to put in the X-mas and Holloween stuff every year?
Put in a few Level 60-66 Jenquai in Swooping Eagle, Kailaasa and Yokan just like the Centuriata at Arx Tiberius in Tarsis.

Have a squadron of the Factioned NPC flying around patroling the new sectors Dropping some new items.
If there is any help needed coming up with new Item idea's I'll volunteer. :) And I'd test them on the Jenquai side :)

I'm Just saying.

Phorlaug

• 5 months later...
[color=#00ff00]I got to say that the Halloween Mobs are/were nice. [/color]
[color=#00ff00]Good change of pace.[/color]
[color=#00ff00]Nice Job EMU team! :wub: [/color]

It would be nice to have something permanently in game like that.
A continuous un-ending random spawn in multiple sectors of high level Jenquai, Progies and Terrans of levels 60-66 would be awesome. Mixed formation groups of them would surly add to the challenge.

I'm not going to pretend I know how hard it is or isn't.
I'm just trying to hype up the game and the Forums a little.
There are scores of low level Faction NPC all over the sectors with no apparent function, mission or job.
Seems ok to me to put in the high level NPC with no purpose other than high level combat fun.
Just saying. :)

Realistically it wouldnt be all that hard to do, from what I have seen. The issue would mostly be making it truly random and unpredictable. Ill take a looksee or ask around, but I cant make any promises on this one. It sounds like either some really creative use of the systems already in place, or redesigning a new system entirely.