Class Ideas (mostly traders)

So, after comparing the 3 trader classes together, it seems to me there is a big discrepancy between the classes. While I know EnB isn't a game of trying to balance all classes perfectly even, there are some changes that can be made to prevent classes from being never used. In my personal opinion, the Terran trader is still by and far the best trader, followed up by the Jenpie Trader, with the progen Trader a distant 3rd.

I used the Terran Trader as the model in which to base the other trader classes off of.

Jenquai Seeker

Beam 9

Projectiles 8

Build Components 7

Build Devices 7

Build Engines 7

Build Weapons 7

**add** Build Reactors 7

Cloak 5

Recharge shields 7

Psionic shield 7

Reactor optimization 7

Scan 5

Negotiate 7

Device tech 9

Engine tech 8

Reactor tech 9

Shield tech 8

**No Jenpie has L9 shields = no L9 shield build for JT

Terran Trader

No changes proposed to Terran traders, except I ask. Whats happening with befriend? In live, that was.... did anyone even put points into it?

Progen Privateer:

by far the most lackluster trader class

Beam 8

ML 8

Projectiles 9

Build Components 7

Build Reactors 7

Build Shields 7

Build Weapons 7

**add**Build Devices 7

Menace 5 **Maybe upgrade to Rank 7?**

Recharge shields 7

Shield Inversion 7 **Any damage upgrade changes coming for Inversion? Cause last I know, it still sucks, for PWs as well.**

**add** Weapon Overload (15% party wpn dmg and less weapon energy usage)

Crit targeting 5

Negotiate 5 ***Upgrade to rank 7***

Device Tech 8

Engine Tech 8

Reactor Tech 9

Shield Tech 9

**No progen has L9 engines = no L9 engine build for PT

**Progen are more "offensive" so weapon overload idea works imo, Maybe tweak the numbers from 10% to up to 25%

Overall, I suggest adding the additional build ability to the Jenpie and progen traders to bring them up to build power. Then added more utility to the Progen trader, evened out the negotiate levels between all 3 traders as well. Weapon overload for the progen trader would be neat, Jenquai get their reactor buff, terran gets the shield buff, progen gets the weapon buff, it fits perfectly! *just doubt it would be easy to code.

My last thoughts (for now), can Navigate 7 be added to the Progen Sentinel since they are an explorer class? (warriors get crit, traders get negotiate, explorers get navigate pattern)

If one is to follow the pattern of the other classes, why does the Terran explorer have 4guns/5 devices, shouldn't it be 3guns/6devices? Not that I mind to much, it makes them nice and powerful :)

Also, isn't there supposed to be some "Afterburner" ability for the Terran explorer?

*edit: removed ML from jenpie

the progen trader seems to fit the description of "heavy combat medic" as such the class is more focused on offensive capabilities. while i was messing around with the PP's talent points on one of the character planners, I also noticed that the PP really needs to have more skills, or something as you can max out most of the builds, and all of the skills without running out of points at 150. I propose either HDC, possibly a damage modifier buff(max at rank 5, 3% party damage per rank),or my favorite a shield charging buff(activate buff, enables passive recharging while taking damage like a heal over time). adding skills wouldnt necessarily make the PP an OP class, because it would make people use their skill points more wisely, if they want to be more combat oriented or true traders.

I can't say for the Progen Trader, but the Jenquai Seeker has already had the skills redone as of December 27th, 2009. The changes should be carried over in a week or two.

- Marco

I think that the Seeker would get Navigate before the Sentinel gets it, TBH. 3 of the 4 classes that don't have a Warrior component, get Navigate, TE (scout) and JE to L7, TT to L5. None of the classes with a warrior component get Navigate (PT, PE, PW, TW, JW). JT does not get Navigate, even though she's a Trader with Explorer racial traits. Yes Scouts are supposed to get Afterburn, and Null-Factor field, as additional skills.

I agree that the PT should get at least 1 or 2 unique combat oriented skills, It's only fair that they have at least 1 unique skill, that no other class has.

Progen Privateer:

by far the most lackluster trader class

Disagree. PP has build reactor skill and is only class in-game that can build Progen reactors. That's pretty unique. Of course PP also has combat ability to go out and farm that stuff to analyze (try sending a JE out to farm *his* reactors!).

Disagree. PP has build reactor skill and is only class in-game that can build Progen reactors. That's pretty unique. Of course PP also has combat ability to go out and farm that stuff to analyze (try sending a JE out to farm *his* reactors!).

Mine did (in live) *hugs double L9 coma's* Otherwise, it just hugged my Enforcer and gave him reactor boosts (had 2 pre-nerf reactor shunts, nom) and additional stealth cloak and I dual boxed vrix bosses.

Combat wise, the PP is sturdy yes, but compared to the other 2, I *personally* still put it 3rd. TTs get better kiting and self repairs, Seekers are JE's with another gun and better shields, again, coma's ftw! My jenpies loved them some L9 Coma's.

atm, the only reason i'd level my PP is for progen reactor builds, otherwise... I wouldn't play it much :/. Which also sadly, is looking like how my PS is going to be, Scouts just blow it out of the water personally, they got the range, the speed, the NAVIGATE 7 OMGOMG. (this can also lead me into how L9 jenpie devices were far better than L9 Sentinel devices, have I mentioned coma's yet? Chimaeras? :) )

if you'd kept up on the forums you'd have seen many discussions already about the missing skills for the new classes on the old forums, but i am still waiting for you to make your case for the PP being the worst trader class. in my mind they have level 9 reactors and shields so they are survivable, a 5th weapon slot with crit targeting so they do about double the damage a TT does and well more than any other non warrior class.

there have already been multiple explanations for TT's having 1 more build than the others, but trader class to me is based on playability so PP is tops, TT second, and JS 3rd because they still have jen range, level 8 shields, and last i knew fold space didn't work right. builds, negotiate, and navigate are not the only or the best measures of a trader class.

Gotta agree Moche. I think that while the PT is deserving of at least 1 unique skill, the PT would be popular & effective even if no changes were made to the class. A PT's firepower is comparable to the Terran Enforcer, though I'd give the TW the slight edge there, since he can Rally, even when fighting solo. TW aslo has an edge in speed, & range over PT. For the "support" classes the PT can kick the most butt over time (which it should). The TT is second, and the JT is weakest in combat. I agree that in terms of direct combat the traders should be PT>TT>JT. I think in usefulness, in a purely support role, the JT should be roughly equal to the TT, but by bringing some different things to the table.

In the support role I would think that it's probably TT>JT>PT (though debatable between PT and JT in purely support role. Not firepower which PT owns) at this time. I currently give the TT the edge over the JT in this role because the TT can recharge shields, patch hulls, boost shields, and contribute more firepower than the JT. JT however is able to do some things to help a group, she can make your reactor significantly better, and she can recharge shields. She really can't contribute much to DPS since she has poor shields, and uses beams (poor range) but improving the performance of the Warriors' reactors isn't anything to be laughed at. It's a matter of seeing the JT's final skill set, and what new equipment, especially devices, are put in the game to aid her in combat and support before I could really fully assess her abilty in combat support. Since, according to Marco's Blog, JT will be losing Psi SHield, the Sharim Prototype Shield will have to have one of it's buffs changed. Psi Shield buff would no longer make sense, so it should be replaced with a useful buff. I was thinking Reactor Optimization, but then again, the shield already has Recharge Reactor & Reactor Cap buffs, which Reactor Optimization would simply make even better.

Of the Traders, the JT still has the most difficulty being invited to a group, but then again, much of the equipment for her, as well as the 2 other new classes isn't in game yet, so that's still subject to change. I still consider her a fun class to play, but that's just me.

Terran Trader

No changes proposed to Terran traders, except I ask. Whats happening with befriend? In live, that was.... did anyone even put points into it?

*edit: removed ML from jenpie

I put points into befriend... it was the first skill i maxed out... I used it to hit on girls with :D:)

how many weapon slots does PT have... ill trade you L7 befriend and 3 of my JE Biothces for your 5th weapon slot... (boy am i gonna look like the fool if you dont have a 5th weapon slot)...

/edit and ill also throw in a carton of american cigarettes

Of the Traders, the JT still has the most difficulty being invited to a group,

While I agree with everything you've said there, might I suggest that a class--or maybe race--with strong soloability as opposed to group strength might be a wise idea--and that Jenquai already somewhat fit the bill? You could deliberately swing it that way--make the JT a class that would require specific builds to be useful to groups at all.

While I agree with everything you've said there, might I suggest that a class--or maybe race--with strong soloability as opposed to group strength might be a wise idea--and that Jenquai already somewhat fit the bill? You could deliberately swing it that way--make the JT a class that would require specific builds to be useful to groups at all.

In solo play JT is, IMO, a pretty decent class. With a L9 Cygnus reactor, and L7 Reactor Optimization, she has plenty of reactor cap/recharge. My JT has more than 8K reactor cap just with that reactor and skill combo. There's still some stuff I need to get for her, but I would also like to use her in groups. I don't mind so much if it just means changing the things I equip her with. IMO it's a good thing to need different loadouts for different purposes, but I do know of a few pieces of equipment that will be essentially general purpose on my JT, when I can get them. The Cygnus 9 reactor, Sharim Prototype Shield, and Solar Sail 8. Between those 3 items, & L7 Reactor Optimization she'll have plenty of energy for whatever she needs to do. Cyg 9 for the beam range buff in addition to being a good reactor, Sharim Prototype shield for the increased reactor cap/recharge, and the buff to recharge shields, SS 8 for stackable reactor/shield buffs, and device energy conservation, in addition, it's a zero sig engine. Those items will be equipped by most high level JT's as soon as they can get them, regardless of what's in their weapon & device slots as they take Jenquai strengths and enhance them. The Explorer and Defender will likely use the same reactor and engine combo, but with their own class custom shield.

Using equipment in Slayer's database, I could easily see someone set up their high level JT as follows, if they've reached L150, but cannot get any uber gear right away for whatever reason.

Weapons:

1x Eye of Fang Fiend

3x Pitbull Sr.

Devices.

L7 Ivory Ward

L8 Ebony Ward*

L8 Monoceros

L8 or L9 Chimaera

L8 or L9 Coma

Cygnus 9 Reactor

Sharim Prototype Shield

Trifid L8 engine

* not sure if one would consider the Ebony Ward uber. It's buffs are: Deflect Explosive, Resist Psionic, Reduce XP debt, and is non-manu. Listed in Slayerman's database, I wonder what drops it. It's a GETCo device.

With that setup JT should be able to farm at at least mid 40s mobs cosistentely for credits. When she gets more credits, she can buy herself a set of Energy beams and if she doesn't already have one a L8 or L9 Manticore to use with them.