If The Original Classes Could Have...

Kyp

Giving two ideas for each class

PW:

Desperate Times - When the PW is taking massive damage (i.e. getting deep into hull, maybe as low as 20k hull left) the skill automatically activates like Combat Trance on Crack. The PW must be still, Projectile weapon DPS increases by 50% for 30-60 seconds and the PW gets a shield recharge of 25k, the skill can only come into effect once. Meaning once the hull is under 20k, one time will this happen to prevent people exploiting it and leaving their PWs at 20k hull all the time to get massive damage bonuses. Cooldown of 10-20 minutes (in case some crafty sploiter uses a hull repair skill to fix their PW to 25k hull or something to try to get the skill a lot)

Desperate Measures - Alternatively, if the PW reaches incap , the ship automatically self destructs. One big blast for massive damage output. Kill bloody everything for cappin my progen -_-
----------------------------------
TT:

Is there a doctor in the house - Double shield recharge/hull repair amount and half cooldown for 2 minutes, 15 min cooldown.

Screw lego, I got me an erector set - The TT gets a permanent ONE TIME bonus to any one build skill, guaranteeing 200 percent builds in that one specialty forever. Like say you pick Weapons. Youd always build perfect guns, but you might still build a 175% shield. Must have level 8/9 build skill already to get the bonus on mission completion.
TE:

Kiting Schmiting, I gots me a stun - Activatible stun effect. Renders any one mob within 10 Combat levels of the TE (up to level 60) completely immobile and helpless for 1 minute. Cooldown of 10 minutes. Cannot be chained with other TE's. Knock it out and kick it while its down, son.

Red Leader standing by - Rally gone wild. Double all group bonuses of rally for 5 minutes, with a 30 minute cooldown. Additionally, when this skill is activated, 4 Earthcorps NPCs equal to the TE's combat level will arrive to help the TE fight. Reinforcements, sons.

JD:

Immacharginmahlahzorrrr - For the JD who tries to be a tank class, this skill is like a feedback. For every 1000 points of damage the JD's hull takes, 500 Damage is added to their next beam shot on a MOB. Effectively, a JD could get walloped by a voltoi or something, taking 25000 damage from it to their hull, turn around and blast the sucker for 12,500 damage plus whatever their beam volley adds. Come at me bro.

Your Kung Fu is not Strong - Cloaked attacks for 60 seconds. The JD is like the bird of prey that can fire while cloaked. The drawback is that afterwards, the JD decloaks and cannot cloak again for 20 seconds. Cooldown of 10 minutes.

Yeah I know, most of this is ridiculously overpowered it seems, but hey everything can be tweaked right, just start points. Edited by Ryle

• 2 weeks later...
[url="http://home.swipnet.se/Hubba/"]This[/url] site has some info about the classes and their extra skills [url="http://home.swipnet.se/Hubba/classes.htm"]here[/url]. Not sure if anyone has seen it before...

TT L135 Rebuild <item class>

The item class would be one of the build skills that the TT has already (Choice of 1 of these at time of L135 Rebuild skill acquirement)
The skill would allow the TT to Rebuild an item he/she does not have mapped but does have the build skill at a level higher or equal to the item to be rebuilt.
The skill would allow the TT to rebuild the at a higher quality (or lower) than it was before.
If the Devs are gracious enough, they may even allow non-manu, unique, or such items to be rebuilt

I have played a TT sence the live beta.I also an probly one of the only people who uses an has maxed the befriend skill.The area effect for it is great BUT the one thing it should do it dosent.
is make the Befriend mob fight for/with you.It would be grate to see the TT have a 135 skill that brainwashes a mob to fight for you.

so say depending on mob level the skill has X% chance of makeing them fight with you.If it fails the mob is made nutral to all players for a set ammount of time or untill fired on.Skill would need a rather long cooldown time(5-10 min) so u cant just build your own army during a raid.

Could even take it one step farther being a TT is by trade welthy.you could have to bribe said mob to fight with you . a level 5 mob cost u 10k cred and level 66 would cost 10-20 mill. and would still have a small chance of failur and the mob taken off with a portion of the credit you offered

And skill would not be useable on boss/named mobs with either option.Nore should you beable to heal/buff them either

Whatever skill you decide for the JD , you must make sure that it is fairly useless, uses lots of energy, and leaves the JD incapable of defending itself so that the class will die quickly. You know in keeping in line with current skill set. They mustn't be able to kill lvl 60 mobs solo, and should only be used to RTB other classes.

[quote name='Algaron' timestamp='1335671359' post='57165']
Whatever skill you decide for the JD , you must make sure that it is fairly useless, uses lots of energy, and leaves the JD incapable of defending itself so that the class will die quickly. You know in keeping in line with current skill set. They mustn't be able to kill lvl 60 mobs solo, and should only be used to RTB other classes.
[/quote]

You got it, I'll keep that in mind.

[quote name='Algaron' timestamp='1335671359' post='57165']
[/quote]
+1 signed.....JD so OP already that any new skill should be mediocre at best. Preferably one they must remain still for and can't engage cloak before or after for a while, let them feel the pain of other warriors having to take the hits and not able to get away :) and take the abuse/flames from other players when they QQ about it.

/sarcasm on

[quote name='vorex' timestamp='1335642324' post='57150']
I have played a TT sence the live beta.I also an probly one of the only people who uses an has maxed the befriend skill.The area effect for it is great BUT the one thing it should do it dosent.
is make the Befriend mob fight for/with you.It would be grate to see the TT have a 135 skill that brainwashes a mob to fight for you.

so say depending on mob level the skill has X% chance of makeing them fight with you.If it fails the mob is made nutral to all players for a set ammount of time or untill fired on.Skill would need a rather long cooldown time(5-10 min) so u cant just build your own army during a raid.

Could even take it one step farther being a TT is by trade welthy.you could have to bribe said mob to fight with you . a level 5 mob cost u 10k cred and level 66 would cost 10-20 mill. and would still have a small chance of failur and the mob taken off with a portion of the credit you offered

And skill would not be useable on boss/named mobs with either option.Nore should you beable to heal/buff them either
[/quote]
Its BEFRIEND not ENSLAVE, friends don't let friends get slaved :)

• 3 weeks later...
I actually don't think that any class other than the Terran Scout should receive a single point level 135 skill. In live these 'special skills' were a bonus for playing an explorer class to give them additional functionality. All of the other classes were pretty perfectly balanced and adding another skill, instead of simply fixing/balancing existing skills, imo would be a waste of Dev time at the current state of the game.

As for the Scout I would love to see them receive a single point spacial rift skill. They have to place a marker at a point or gate and then they can use their skill to port back there. This would help TS with mining, JSing, and getting out of bad situations (if used well). I could see a very cool story line develop that includes the spacial rifts in VG and Xipe and that ties in with their null factor skill (advanced/dangerous technology)

note: I do love seeing people stating that terrans need more reactor buffs/skills. In live that was the Terran's only weakness. This is pretty much meaningless in the EMU though since players can multi-box and apply 2-3 reactor buffs to their terran.

Spacial rift does sound cool for the Scout. Torrie would love that on her ship. Maybe it could be storylined as those Hyperia Weft Explorers (from live) figured out something useful.

I'm not so sure that Affiliation skills should be restricted to the exploration professions, but I have no problem with explorers going first on this, since 2/3 of the explorers already have such skills. The JE still needs to have compulsory contemplation and the mission enabled, but I have no problem with Spacial Rift being designed and implemented before Compulsory Contemplation is ready. I'd at the very least let the Trade professions in on this as well, though I do think that you have a point w/r/t making sure the existing skills work properly first.

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1337277157' post='58033']
I actually don't think that any class other than the Terran Scout should receive a single point level 135 skill. In live these 'special skills' were a bonus for playing an explorer class to give them additional functionality. All of the other classes were pretty perfectly balanced and adding another skill, instead of simply fixing/balancing existing skills, imo would be a waste of Dev time at the current state of the game.
[/quote]

Interesting Crichton, what's the source of that info? As I have information indicating quite the opposite. (There is a whole list of unimplemented level 1 skills for each of the remaining classes)

TT: Impervious Haven
TS: Illusion
TE: Quickfire
PW: Turtle
PS: Call Forward
PP: Confuse
JS: Charm
JE: Compulsory Contemplation
JD: Electrical Disability

Not to say some of those may not change, but they're all classified as granted by a quest, and obtainable at level 135.

Not defending Crichton, but I get the ghist of his idea, he may be working under false info.

The explorer class(s) got a L135 skill late game to make them more functional, they were lacking in their utility for groups ESPECIALLY the PS, they were the red haired step children when it came to grouping. That repulsor skill really became desirable for groups/raids especially agianst AoE boss mobs, later when the secret GL debuff was discovered they became even more popular when grouped with missle tossers.

The JE being a battery/buffer/JSer was the explorer always picked over a PS because it could do what the PS could AND help warriors/healers with their energy problems, after the repulsor then it became more of a toss up which explorer got taken. So the JE L135 skill wasn't so "universal" to force a pick between explorers, letting PS have a shot in a group, but what to give a JE and not make it so gimp they missout on stuff now, They got the group splitting skill for the L135, hold a mob in thrall while the rest of the group focused on another mob, now in nonraid settings the JE got grouped were the PS got added more often before, good compromise.

What was never mentioned LIVE, was that the other classes were going to get a L135 also, by that time EA was in exit mode, they weren't even going to put the "lost" classes in before sunset, let alone develop and impliment the L135 skills to go with them and existing classes.

So since it wasn't mentioned LIVE he and others may be working under the assumption that other stuff wasn't coming in, it was eventually planned for sure, it just never got fed into the pipeline before sunset ensued.

I myself would like to see a LIKELIVE(tm) state of existance of the EMU, then add the content that was coming in, and THEN the additional skills etc. So we can all see the full intent and glory that this game would and could have been had history been different.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
[size=5]Jenquai Defender:[/size]

[center][size=4][color=#00ffff]Psionic Charge[/color]:[/size] The next Psionic Shield activates instantly. Lasts 10 secs, 10 min Cool down, maybe a negative buff, such as Mental Strain, where Psionic Shield cannot be used for x amount of time.[/center]

[center][size=2](Psionic Invulnerability can absorb up to 48k damage with equip buffs.)[/size][/center] Edited by Logane

How about a skill to creat a holographic duplicate of your ship that draws aggro for 30 seconds, long cool down. Sounds like a warrior skill, maybe.

I like the sound of the build quality skill. Maybe some percentage increase like 10% better instead of just 200%. But with other devices 200% should be constantly possible.

Would also like the disassemble skill. Increase analyse percent chance by some amount.

Maybe a 'skill' to increase job rewards.

Maybe some refining skill. Cost less, or more experience per refine. Or maybe get better quality which could help build quality.

An explorer might be able to set a waypoint. Or just a marker that they would warp to directly, like there favorite secret mining spot. Edited by GenghisBob

[quote name='GenghisBob' timestamp='1340505740' post='59613']
How about a skill to creat a holographic duplicate of your ship that draws aggro for 30 seconds, long cool down. Sounds like a warrior skill, maybe.

[/quote]

"Decoy" for the JD, sounds a lot like a SWG Spy, but that was the exact same class set, the cloaking glass cannon DPS spiker from hell XD