If The Original Classes Could Have...

Kyp

Hi folks,

If we were to give the original classes some additional skills, particularly a level 135 skill for the ones that didn't get it.

I have been considering this and want to know if you could dream one up what would it be?

Classes that never received one are:

Enforcer, Defender, Warrior, Trader

While you're at it, thoughts upon the Scout, and the Privateer would be interesting as well. Note that these will just be your ideas and may not make it into the game its just something I wanted to see what the playerbase thought.

Remember that balance is definitely a concern so keep them in reasonable forms.

A deflector type shield for each class that could be switched that would harmonically absorb/deflect a percentage of whatever type of weapon that the mob is sending. ie. .. "Plasma Shields UP" ... "Chemical Shields UP" ..

Defender Level 135. Skill: Power Absorbtion
Absorbs a percent of a mobs shield and/or reactor and feeds players (group?) shields and/or reactor X% for x time

Warrior Level 135. Skill: Weapon Manufacture
Allows a race Warrior to build either another races weapons (at a set level?) or special lvl 8/9 weapons for all races

All I can think of for a start

[quote name='Praetorius' timestamp='1333630730' post='56421']
For the defender class, an aoe skill that can be used if a je,tt, were in group, The defender would take all the damage being done to group and distribute it evenly among the entire party. with a 15 minute cooldown.
[/quote]

That would probably fit the PW or PT better, but is an interesting idea.

Adrenaline Rush

When the hull gets below 20% weapons damage increase 30% and HDC increace 30%. I just used 30% as a example. Could make it where it causes damage to weapons and sheilds. I can think of a dozen ways to twist this skill. Example only-if the weapon is 200% for every second its on you lose 1%. Edited by Canman

TE to have Over Charge Reactor Skill, say for 60 minutes in duration once activated, and Turbo Warp like TS

TS to have Cloak and Summoning Skill like WH only when in Group They can Summon to Different Sector across the Galaxy say from Jupiter to Copper etc. Oh build Their own Ammo too, do away with Build Engines on TS only maybe Rally too :D

TT to have Rally Skill and Build Reactors

All Classes to have the ability to input on the Map personal Nav waypoints like a bookmark sort of

PW: when you take a ton of damage in a small amount of time you charge a giant laser blast. Does some damage to player as well. Long cooldown

JD: summons and uses fold space at the same time then decreases the enemy's fire rate, allowing you to pull a mob away from its friends and cripple it. When the mob resists, they summon the player.

JS: just make reactor optimization the 135 and give them some other skill earlier on. reactor optimization skill is pretty awful at the low levels. Maybe we could have them make drones as was suggested before.

TE: Missile Ram Skill. Fly at slightly behind the missile travel speed towards the target as if on autofollow. As you travel toward the mob you will continue firing missiles and they will stack on top of each other (one of my favorite things to do as terran), hitting the target at the same time. This skill cannot be cancelled. A small damage bonus will be applied which gets increased depending on how far away from the mob you start the skill. Can be very dangerous for the player to use.

TT: Analysis. Tells you the mob's resists.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1333660487' post='56429']
JS: just make reactor optimization the 135 and give them some other skill earlier on. reactor optimization skill is pretty awful at the low levels. Maybe we could have them make drones as was suggested before.
[/quote]

Your JT idea is pretty cool. Just use the L7 version of Reactor Opt for the 135 skill, give a long mission to do it. Freeing up a skill slot could then be used for something new. That plus my dispel idea as a line of devices, and a few new device effects would make the JT much less redundant to the JE and TT, and make her a much better class.

PP..seems so obvious, GRAVITY LINK earlier, shield sap at 135. jenquia have a race scan, terran race negotiate, what does progen have race wide? GL is SO progen...give PP GL and make shield sap L135 long mish with centriata rewarded.

The JD and TE need a PASSIVE combat skill to bring them in line with PW passively, but not overshadow PW tanks role:

TE actives are hack in nature and resists in nature, so maybe they should get the dmg dispersal skill, plays into rally skill, MORALE SUPPORT, when in group and range those with the TE's rally buff on can have their dmg dispersed over the group wide, would need to not get into hulls of other group members of course.

JD their skills are PSI based and scan/stealth/reactor tap, so PSI is "mental" based, how about PROGNOSTICATION, they get a mental urge to take some action a fraction of a sec early, therebye avoiding a fraction of damage that would have been taken otherwise.

JS like Terrell's original idea some sort of debuff remover/dispel, enhanced further through devicage.

TT they are consumant healer/patchers with very little offensive ability, but good buffs. How about something playing off of the befriend that is SO little used, maybe fuse befriend and JE forced contemplation in some way for group mob splitting, say...BEFUDDLE, convinces a neutral/hostile mob that they are somehow your long lost buddy and they within your range and become inactive to former allied mobs.

Did you give a TS a L135 already? They weren't in live but not mentioned on your list, they have 3 passives the other explorers have but not the actives they do, they have 1 TE skill hack, and the TT skill patch, they are sort of hybrid already, they are scouts so don't need the enrage type thing but not the befriend either, so how about they "scout" opportunities to EXPLOIT WEAKNESS or TACTICAL EXPLOITATION of mobs, giving info on the mob, thereby increasing a percentile dmg to mob, sharable to group through tactics.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Bloody Riz' timestamp='1333668091' post='56433']
I wanna see someone get the Death Blossom!
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlAsSyDAWR8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlAsSyDAWR8[/url]

Done. ;)
  • Upvote 1

I am confused as to "additional skills" they never got?
Fairly early in live, most if not all classes got an additional skill, the one I am most familiar with was Shield Charging for TT's. During beta and several months into live the TT did not have this skill. Much like Shield Sap was for the PW. These skills were introduced after launch, and I always suspected they were supposed to be definative skills for the missing classes that were scrapped.

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1333675909' post='56446']
I am confused as to "additional skills" they never got?
Fairly early in live, most if not all classes got an additional skill, the one I am most familiar with was Shield Charging for TT's. During beta and several months into live the TT did not have this skill. Much like Shield Sap was for the PW. These skills were introduced after launch, and I always suspected they were supposed to be definative skills for the missing classes that were scrapped.
[/quote]

By additional skills Kyp is referring to the PE's Call Forward skill, and the JE's Compulsory Contemplation, which require OL135, a mission, and being in good standing with their starting faction. He's thinking in terms of what the TW, TT, PW, and JW would have gotten had EA not closed the game. With the addition of the 3 missing classes, they get added to the mix.

What Terrell said. I realize that was assumed Klyde, but not the case. The Lv 135 skills only have 1 tier and are granted by a mission. They put them in for the ones Terrell mentioned and yes, I'm talking about adding for everyone else.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1333594637' post='56415']
Hi folks,

If we were to give the original classes some additional skills, particularly a level 135 skill for the ones that didn't get it.

I have been considering this and want to know if you could dream one up what would it be?

Classes that never received one are:

Enforcer, Defender, Warrior, Trader

While you're at it, thoughts upon the Scout, and the Privateer would be interesting as well. Note that these will just be your ideas and may not make it into the game its just something I wanted to see what the playerbase thought.

Remember that balance is definitely a concern so keep them in reasonable forms.
[/quote]

Hi

I have attached some docs from "Live" on skills.

[attachment=1482:Active skils.doc]
[attachment=1483:New skill.doc]
[attachment=1484:Pasive skils.doc]
[attachment=1485:Skill table.doc]

Riia

One thing that would be neat for the Jenquai is if they had some sort of skill where they could meditate and determine faction status and maybe some info about the mob such as a strength or weakness (Affiliation: Sha'hadem Weakness: Unknown Strength: Chemical)

So the above would tell you that the faction of the mob was Sha'hadem, their weakness was unknown, perhaps due to the roll you made, and the mob does extra chemical damage. Unless you had a very good check, I would imagine some or all would be unknown.

I mention Jen as that fits their mystique. I'm sure it could be tweaked for other races too, it just wouldn't be meditation. Maybe new ability with DNA re-sequence with Progen and some device with Terrans.

Could we see the L135 skills grounded in the lore/society of each race? Here's one take:

Jenquai are modeled on the Japanese samurai/zen ethos. The Zen approach everything as something can be done in perfect harmony with the universe, from combat to serving tea to chopping wood (the samurai-as-artist in Seven Samurai). Running with that:

JE Compulsory Contemplation: Was not all that good in live, should be improved. It should enclose the target in a time-space bubble, make them inactive, and make it impossible to buff, debuff, damage, heal, or affect them in any way. Normal shield regen/energy regen should happen. City of Heroes has this on one class, and it is very handy, both for immobilizing the toughest mob in a group and as an emergency save for a group member.

JD: The samurai of the Jenquai. Strike of Perfection: An attack that always hits, does more damage than usual, always crits. Perhaps instead is a state (buff?) given to the JD, where whatever attack they make always hits/crits and does more damage. Think of the single, perfect katana stroke you see in Samurai duels. (Probably should be incompatible with Stealth.)

JS: Zen artistry: A contemplative state (buff) that gives a much higher chance of 200% builds than normal. Drops if: time runs out, a non-200% object is made, fails and ends if you use non-perfect components. It's the ability to create in perfect harmony with the universe. This should have a fairly long re-use timer, and perhaps should require added or doubled components, in addition to perfect 200% component materials, to balance the build advantage it gives.

Progen are the scientist/technologists of this universe. They don't care about harmony or money, only strength and innovation.

PS: Call Forward fits well.

PW: Combat flexibility. The ability to equip all weapons and shields.
To the Death!: PW and target can only affect, damage, and be affected by each other, until one is defeated or flees out of range. Good for CC in groups, as well as giving PWs the ability to put away one mob in a group before having to fight the rest.

PP: Progen Innovation: The quality bonuses on items made with this skill active will apply in non-standard ways (yes, this will take a lot of coding to implement as things stand). And perhaps randomly? The PP will be able to make variations on items that no other Trader can make, at the risk of making some items with pretty useless buffs. For example, an activated buff might get a boost in effectiveness from quality instead of the more standard boost in duration (or maybe with a duration drop).

Terrans are the big government/big capital traditional Western Earth businesses, with the power of the whole planet behind them.

Enforcer: Ability to summon (create) allied Terran mobs that will attack (and distract?) enemies.

Explorer: Got nothing on this one. Western explorers were able to easily get funding for their explorations, and there was (is?) an ethos of curiosity and exploration. E.g. the Explorer's Club, Geographic Society, etc. Captured nicely by the people at Adriel, kudos to whoever did that.

Trader: Consummate Yankee trader! Sell ice to the eskimos and coals in Newcastle! Lets the TT buy/sell items at the best terms regardless of faction. Possibly eliminate having to sell items at a loss in non-destination stations. Yea, trading is meh after L50... for now.

--
Daulnay Edited by Daulnay

[quote name='Daulnay' timestamp='1334089246' post='56633']
PP: Progen Innovation: The quality bonuses on items made with this skill active will apply in non-standard ways (yes, this will take a lot of coding to implement as things stand). And perhaps randomly? The PP will be able to make variations on items that no other Trader can make, at the risk of making some items with pretty useless buffs. For example, an activated buff might get a boost in effectiveness from quality instead of the more standard boost in duration (or maybe with a duration drop).
[/quote]

This seems like it would go along with another suggestion about various components changing buffs for items. Interesting to think about. Also interesting if changing say a ruby to a polished gem would change something on the final build.
  • Upvote 1

I like the idea of being able to make variants of existing equipment, but I wouldn't limit that ablity to one class unless it was the TT due to racial restrictions on Jenquai & Progen builders.

JS: Reactor Flare. The Jenquai knowledge and expertise in reactor building is put to use by a skill that allows the JS to buff the reactor of himself and every group member (if in a group) with an immediate +500 reactor energy and 300% reactor recharge for two minutes by casting a single AoE buff. Must be within 3K of the JS doing the action.

JD: Psychic Drain. The JD debuffs the mob by encloacking it with a plasma psychic shield that lowers the mob's deflects by 15% and shield capacity by 15%. Lasts for two minutes.

TT: Enhanced healing. Cast this on self or group member, and get 400% shield recharge rate for two minutes.

Five-ten cycle time for these skills.