How do I get the new classes?

Been seeing lots of references to the Terran Scout, Jenquai Trader and Progen Trader classes being played, but I am a bit stumped as to how I might actually create and play one. I heard from other players to download the character creator, but it only has the original 6 race/class combos available. How do I go about creating one of the "new" classes?

Right click on the shortcut to the Starship Creator, choose properties, in the target line add [b]-noclassrestrictions [/b]at the end of the command.

Use the arrows at the bottom of the character creation screen to see the new classes, once you start the program.

Also note that whatever character slot you use for this new class, will be overwritten, so pick an unused slot unless you want to loose a current character :) Edited by Totte

Where exactly does that go. My current target reads as such:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator\Character and Starship Creator.exe"

Attempting to insert -noclassrestrictions immediately before or after .exe causes Win7 to pop error messages.

[quote name='ZillaPrime' timestamp='1333446873' post='56364']
Where exactly does that go. My current target reads as such:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator\Character and Starship Creator.exe"

Attempting to insert -noclassrestrictions immediately before or after .exe causes Win7 to pop error messages.
[/quote]

Hi

This is how it show be "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator\Character and Starship Creator.exe" -noclassrestrictions

Riia

The Char & Starship creator won't overwrite an existing character on the server. You won't lose a toon you've already created and logged into the game. Since we're still pre-alpha, you should probably make copies of all your toons in the creator. That way, when the next wipe comes (no such wipe has been announced at this time) your toons will already be ready to use, you'll just need to name them and log them in.

• 3 months later...
Hi DId the "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator\Character and Starship Creator.exe" -noclassrestrictions in properties and still no creation of toons in the game arent i missing something here?

we need a step by step on how to do it... please help

[quote name='thunderback' timestamp='1342469090' post='60503']
Hi DId the "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator\Character and Starship Creator.exe" -noclassrestrictions in properties and still no creation of toons in the game arent i missing something here?

we need a step by step on how to do it... please help
[/quote]

Lets see if I can help.
Win 7.
First Remove Any Starship Creator You have on your Desktop. Right Click on Icon then Click Delete..

Now
click Start---Click All programs---Click Ea Games.
Right Click on Starship and Character Creator.
Click "Send to":
Click "Desktop (Create ShortCut)"

Now that you have the New Character And Starship creator Icon on your Desktop.
Right Click on the Icon.
Click on "Properties"
Go to the "Target" Line
[color=#00ff00]Add at the end with [u]1 space [/u] AFTER .exe[/color]
Type -noclassrestrictions <--One continuious Word no space between letters
One..^..Space.......

[u]You have to ! Create The Character In the Character and Starship Creator[/u]. In a Space that IS NOT occupied
By A Character When you start the Game.

YOU CAN NOT Create The New Class through the GAME character selection !!
The Creator and the Game are Two seperate Programs..

The Creator will not announce The New Classes but it will for the original Classes..So Pay attention...
Good luck

You also have to scroll through the Character selection with the "Choose Profession" arrows on the Character/Starship creator for the new classes to show up they are not list in the 6 availibles at the top.

A picture worth a thousand words?

Make sure the program has admin rights too.

Also as Phorlaug mentioned, creating a character in the creator is step one, making sure you have that same spot free on your game account is the next step. Next time you log into the game you should see your character in your game account. Edited by Dakynos
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Dakynos' timestamp='1342489122' post='60518']
A picture worth a thousand words?
[/quote]

to complete that i made a lil video with the creator how to get to the 3 hidden classes. (68mb 3 min)
[url="http://46.4.106.203/fizbane/EnB/CSC.mp4"]http://46.4.106.203/...ane/EnB/CSC.mp4[/url]
dunno how to embedd so if someone feels to correct that ty. Edited by Aru

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

C:\ProgramData\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Character and Starship Creator <--at least on Windows 7, that is where the Starship Creator stores your character files. They are inside the .dat files. The files are loaded, in order, by name. Meaning that if you want to only have to make a single character, but have that character show up in slot 5 instead of slot 1:

1. Rename Avatar1.dat to Avatar5.dat
  2. Create 4 new files, call them "Avatar1.dat", "Avatar2.dat", etc and move
  3. Load up E&B, poof, you're Starship creator character will now magically appear in slot 5 instead of slot1.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

-NOCLASSRESTRICTIONS

Copy and paste that into the shortcut path. and voalla!

Should look something like this;

"D:\Program Files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator.exe" -NOCLASSRESTRICTIONS

But be sure the path is where you have it installed and not this one. I'm playing on a home built machine and I put the secondary drive into the machine and such.