In Live there was the malfunctioning gate to Tlaloc in Swooping Eagle. How about at some point in the future that sector actually be opened. Probably a good year or so into emulator's Live.

This could be done over a few patches. First there would be a mission given by Shou Shen to get Lady DeWinter to send people to fix the gate. Said mission would require you to accomplish tasks for both Shou Shen & Lady DeWinter. This mission would be up for a few patches, and would be a prerequestie for a later mission to get a key to go through the gate. You'll have to have accomplished the mission prior to the patch where the mission to obtain the key comes out, or you'll have to wait until the sector is open to everyone.

When the mission to get the key is available there should be a mission given by Shou Shen or Du'Shao Silva to prove that you're worthy of said key to Tlaloc. Shou Shen has some items he needs built for him if you're a Trader (Shields, Reactors, Weapons, Devices. pick 2), some pests he needs killed if you're a warrior, or some new refines he needs brought to him if you're an explorer. The mission could also require some travel, and acquisition of various items. Things from mid level mobs, perhaps some trade goods from far away (you guys decide).

Upon completion of the mission you get a key to enter the gate. Tlaloc can be a fairly large sector, with new mobs, places to mine, and of course a base that's under construction. The under construction base would have a hangar & lobby. NPCs will give missions for things that the base needs to be a full base. These missions would be tailored to profession, and be rather time consuming. Some of the missions will reward new recipes for items. These items would be a limited time offer. You'd have to get into Tlaloc before it opens without the need of a key to get these prints. Print rewards would be based on the player's class.

If your class is capable of building the item in the reward, you'll get a print for it, even if you have insufficent skill, you just can't build said print until you level up the apropriate build. Traders, Explorers, and Warriors will each get different rewards. Only members of their profession would be able to build those items. A Weapon print earned by a Trader would not be able to be earned by a Warrior. That doesn't mean that the other class can't use the item, just they don't get that particular print. For weapons with ammo, the ammo could drop somewhere in sector and be printable to anyone with the apropriate level fo Build Weapons.

After 3 or 4 patches the base would be complete and Tlaloc would be open to all. The missions with the prints would be replaced with new missions, with different rewards, but those missions that were available when entering Tlaloc required a key would not be available again and only those toons who got prints before the sector was open to all would be able to build the new items.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sort of a MPC event but more a tlaloc gate/station event....sounds cool, I likey, every race should have a "capitol push to built" project that requires player input to do. Might I make a suggestion to your idea?

Do like the MPC event did, track actual resources input from players, rather than a 2-3 patches change it, have it key off the players real input like MCP did. When something is lagging from player input then the NPC's put increased rewards (whatever form that is) to encentivise, let real market dynamics play. So they need x amount of shields built by players to upgrade stations shields..but we have enough of the ores to build the station structure...ok,NPC cottons to this and convo tree is spawned to give increased cash/xp for a limited time, to add "incentive" for more of that, so the station/gate is built expidiciously.

Do realize however that a Tlaloc event would be in Jenquia space (precluding jenny haters) and the heal the maw event was also...that the HtM content is hovering out there somewere to come in at some point, and that would be 2 major construction projects sponsored by Jennies, 1 sponsored by Progen all without a Terran project in sight....We now have Terran miners that can add to a terran project, and progen/jenquia traders that can input to projects that need awards/gear planned for into (re)release of MPC/HtM and future construction projects.

Tlaloc gate always bothered me in live and is still a slight irritant now :), but I would say one of the 2 gates under construction in cygni-61, or the 1 in Antares, or the old one in witberg to aquitaine, or even one of the ones in the asteroid belts (neptune, ceres etc.) could use a little Terran capital outlay attention first, let that greedy, penny pinching, tyranical, gold digging DeWinter come up with some of the credits for a project for a change! :) (after all she extorted it from you in the first place hehe)

*PS...don't forget the disfuntional RD gate(s)...maybe a little "resources" can be "liberated" from other nations to help them in their capitol outlays as well...MWAHAHAHAUA! ARRRRH!

Sure, I'm quite cool with a Terran version for Xango Moon and/or Thenjuli Rift (sp?). IMO it's the more the merrier. Same for something Progen.

I want Terrans & Progen players participating in my Tlaloc sector idea. I would want multiple items needed, so that one Trader cannot do all of them. I was thinking that if the base needed weapons, shields, reactors, and devices, that any trader building would pick 2 of the 4 so that each trader would be making 2 things needed. The main template is to have different tasks based on whether one is a warrior, trader, or explorer, rather than trying to make one size fits all missions. I was thinking of having a faction requirement that you be green (+2000) with the Shinwa, Sha'ha'dem, and Sharim, to do the mission to get the Tlaloc Key, but I decided not to include the requirement . As long as you can dock on Somerled & Prasad, you should be good to go in the mission to get the gate repaired, as well as getting the key.

On the issue of mining projects, I would like to see all 3 races get into the act over time at a minimum (with different rewards). The Heal the Maelstrom mission came after the patch Merjan's Missing, and I suspect that behind the scenes, that Vinda & Ariad had a talk on the matter. Based on interactions between Torrie and Vinda in Live, I'd say Vinda liked Ariad. Once after having done whatever missions Vinda had available to my PE when talked to she'd say. "Mother's busy now, how about you go play with that nice girl Ariad." or something along those lines. Looks like a small crack in dislike/distrust between Progen & Jenquai was occuring in late live, but EA killed the game so we didn't get to see where it would lead, the MCP having rewards for both PE and JE would be another. The Gaze of Amah, was a really nice reward for the MCP, had the same stats as an Amah's Anger, but could be obtained through mining.

MCP and HtM both had stuff for every class, the MCP was more miner centric however, the HtM was "jenquirium" sponsored, but it had great weaps and augmentors for everyone and builders also, even after you got all the gear you wanted there was still the terminal augmentors and overrides.

Yeh I remember that "go play with ariad" thing...but that was the lead in for the thing they were hinting at, that there was going to be some cross race tech and abilities to access restricted gear becuase of V'rix war effort. Ariad had something to do with the call forward thing..she was "resurrected"....so since Vinda was the PS leader..and call forward was a PS skill....how did Ariad get "resurrected"? :)

Then there was the hidden ancients thing starting to roll out and the leadup to aquiatenne....

Hmm, I didn't know Ariad was resurrected. Didn't get far enough along on my PE in live to do the Call Forward mission (I created her after Sunset announce).

I agree on HtM did boatloads of balm runs, found plenty of Grail Water in BBW, and Aganju to make the injectors. That type of content, IMO is great, since it's not combat based and gives the non-warriors things to do.

I do want the Terrans to also have their own version of the MCP, with whatever storyline based reasons they would have one. Not sure what it would be called, but things that require the skills of miners & traders as well as things that need warriors is a good thing.

For the terrans there are several gates that need some loving, so they could be the capitol projects, but if there are to be 2 for jenny (Tlaloc and the old HtM), then the other one for terran could be the ships under construction in Margesi, maybe link the drydock ships in zweiglander to some referbishment project there, the storyline for the TS is they are reconstituting Hyperia Explorers from the dregs and discards of infinicorp and enforcers material, maybe the Margesi project could be stage 2 of them getting the resources together to modernize rather than have to suffer outmoded stuff, (with DeWinter and MacKellan hampering your efforts of course :))

Oh, I know this one! Comet buster maintinence, maybe pair it with Kastor III cleanup, Live, every so ofter there were globular comets that swung their orbit far out in endriago, and one of those comet busters in endriago would fire off to break them up, masbe get comets going again and the busters need maintenance, same as your tlaloc idea, shields, weaps, ammo, devices, and various ore mined both for fuel etc.

Perhaps incorporate in it: samples taken from and transported from Kastor III (that smashed to smithereens moon in altair III), don't know if any storyline was planned for that moon (since that wasn't in live), but that could be a experiment gone bad thing, and the samples would be grabbing tech for the busters, or remains of the scientists for the gene repository, or parts of the busted comet transported back to Kastor III to "heal" it like the HtM, any of those, or all or even more story line would be great.

If it needed a long travel "go fetch" like so many of these missions seem to need :/ maybe include in the story line that it needs some stuff from cygni-61, and that terrans are hampering their efforts to fix things by their 'unwarranted aggression" over moto and thereby hampering rescue operations (add some subtext about DeWinter and protecting disclosure of the Psi's plight).
  • Upvote 1