E&b Radio

Riz

I listen to internet radio on shoutcast a-lot while playing (and other times), and I realized something, EVE has a ton of stations there, but no one has done one for E&B. I myself would love to see one appear. I would do it myself, but my time is so limited lately that I doubt I could actually do more than a few hit and run broadcasts (think HHH from Pump Up The Volume) every so often, although I may have to start a Pirate station anyway, hehehehe. Edited by Bloody Riz

Turns out shoutcast wants around $50 a month to run it through them, but there are other free options out there. I am looking into what options might be usable for whomever may wan to try and do this.
  • Upvote 1

I tell you what, you get the support from the rest of the players, and if you've got the time to do it, a plan for content you can show me and you can keep it running and interesting I will pitch it to the Board to see if we can finance that if there's no other alternative.

Oh no, not me. I wouldn't have the beginnings of enough time to do it seriously, as a lark, on sometimes and not others sure, but not a full time show. I was throwing an idea out there to see if there might be someone with the time (and desire) to do it that maybe hadn't considered it before.

Good idea, This can been done by means of TS for Free, I've been doing some reading about it, an YT Howto's, also TS has an app for this :) or we can config on our own too, I use to DJ over web myself streaming into Facebook, Twitter, and Livestream, an Ustream, an Justin.tv just to name a few, only thing with TS folks would talk while the Music is spinning, there's a simple solution for that as well, you could play through your sound card or speaker s I believe, Good idea, I listen to my own Playlist or Stations I created along with other DJ's as well, I support them all, since we found the game I gotten side tracked from DJ ing :D of course I only done this as a Hobbyist, and to Entertain and Enlighten our Days

Would this not constitute as broadcasting?

As a professional DJ, there are massive amounts of licensing required if you are to play any form of music (PRS in the UK)

Makes sure the artists get there royalties.

Dont know what it would mean if its internet radio world wide, im sure there are different laws in each country.

Be very careful if you are looking to play music ... especially community advertised... makes it easy to find...

in sense yes it would be broadcasting (only streaming whats out there already on the web) this is different form broadcasting like a radio station, allot Artists and Bands count on us to get their Music an Talent to be listened to an viewed in their own format, namely YouTube, it would more of a Playlist than any thing else, as long as we are not downloading the Music without paying for it you know.

in addition myself, I post a Disclaimer too on all my sites, even if the Artist gives permission or post or host their Music a Disclaimer good idea, you know if they are going to post it them self's,an share it on the world and the web, we should help them out too, like I mentioned before, they welcome this, I get tons of Music sent to me, demos an covers of all kinds, asking if I would listen an air their Music then stream it.

All my playlist are on the web at different sites thousands of Songs, in fact I've been streaming on the web since 2009 as Hobbie, I do not get any funds or monies form this. meaning I do it for the masses, an myself to listen an enjoy many talented individuals there are, am just a humble vessel for them.

I see no problems if an Individual wants to stream His or Her playlist you know, just my two cent observation, I could be wrong tho, so don't quote me, am just a Novice DJ :D

As I understand it, when you are going through a streaming service (like shoutcast) the fee you are paying to them includes all needed licenses. Edited by Bloody Riz

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Red' timestamp='1333638994' post='56423']
One of the big parts of EVE Radio is/was the information you could get. Both game tips and Political insight.
[/quote]

And the free gifts at christmas :P
  • Downvote 1

I believe this is a great idea and hope it can be pulled off. I spend 12 hrs or more in game daily and am usually listening to an online radio. Assuming it can be done, I'd be willing to put some time into it if I can be of any help.......I'm easy to find......:)

Well in order to get this off the ground, the first thing we need is to have one person step forward to take the reigns as a station manager. Then from there they can coordinate with Kyp and the board, I would love to do it myself, but I just plain do not have the time.

• 4 weeks later...
Well since the poll served it's purpose, (28 for the station idea and 6 against), I have taken it down. Oddly enough it wouldn't let me just close it, and now all it was doing was bumping the topic with no new posts.

Today on EnB radio:
1:00 am to 1:45 am - Listen to Vaden snoring while he has fallen asleep at his desk while sitting in F7
2:00 to 3:00 am - Listen to Magoo offer his ideas behind effective Progen use of beam weapons at high levels
3:00 am to 4:00 am - Mordana raid (helps if you speak french.....if not it may be a little confusing)
5:00 am to 6:00 am - EnB breakfast with Kyp (note breakfast is a very broad term in this instance so do not expect him to teach you how to make a Denver omelet)
6:00 am to 7:00 am - Damn, go to sleep man, ......seriously
Noon to 2:00 pm - Listen in as the Devs attempt to get ahold of each other for their weekly, "Hey, what did you do this month?" meeting.
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Market channel for dummies......its just like in game.......not too much market discussion but some good conversation.
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Tienbau talks about C++ and his favorite french movies.
7:00 pm to 11:00 pm - Mattsacre does stuff, James May drives slowly in a fast car, Jeremy Clarkson drives fast in a fast car, and Richard Hammond destroys some people carriers with a very long pole.
12:00 am to 1:00 am - Vaden wakes up and builds stuff at F7......until he falls asleep again.

• 5 months later...
I know I'm not the only person that gets tired of the same old in-game music. It would be awesome if we had a site to go to and stream some random stuff with some in-game related news ads by the Net-7 reporters!

or even a vent channel where nobody could talk (if thats possible) Edited by Xulei

[quote name='Xulei' timestamp='1353271027' post='66517']
I know I'm not the only person that gets tired of the same old in-game music. It would be awesome if we had a site to go to and stream some random stuff with some in-game related news ads by the Net-7 reporters!

or even a vent channel where nobody could talk (if thats possible)
[/quote]

i guess they would have copyright issues changing music in game....but then again.....the wagner piece used in Apocalypse Down.....with the helicopter attacks is not copy righted ('flight of the Valkyries....Wagner music was before copyright....so prob stuff like that could be put in)

(i'd really want the attack music from star trek the original series...but not sure if it is copyrighted prob not or it would not have made it in the tv series)

Searing

If I am not mistaken (and I'm not) there was already a suggestion to do an E&B streaming radio station. No one would step up and coordinate it.

I would happily be willing to do voice acting for Net-7 News reports along these lines. I've been told I can do many different voices and a News Anchor is not that hard to accomplish.

For Net-7 News, this is the Pakkrat.

Rustling up DJ's is kinda what this post can do.

I suggest anyone interested in either DJ'ing or hosting a show can post here.
The more response we get, the more change of it happening.

KYP ! Any issues with setting up a "Test" on the net7 site ?

Id recommend Icecast or Shoutcast (if you don't mind the AOL sticker) for the server, that way anyone that uses Winamp or similar players can stream to the server and become DJ's.

I wouldn't mind being a filler DJ to play some music when their isn't a regular show on until the slots start to fill up.