Net 7 Portal Upate: 30/03/2012

Shaddex

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Net7 Entertainment Portal Update:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Author(s): The Webdev Team:[/font][/color][list]
[*][u][i][color=#ff0000][b]Avatar Account Transfer service.[/b][/color][/i][/u]
[*]Statistics Page Added to main menu.
[*]Gallery Added to main menu. (Images to be added)
[*]Add link to database from Avatar Recipe Lists.
[*]Maps Overhaul.
[*]FAQ Updated.
[*]Downloads Overhaul.
[*]Missions tab added to Avatar panel.
[*]Signatures Overhaul.
[*]Password issues resolved.
[*][u][i][b][color=#ff0000]Game account limit raised from 3 to 9.[/color][/b][/i][/u]
[*]Items show the original manufacturer now as well (Player request), eg. "Tada-O" or "Black Sun".
[*]Fixed a lot of css / HTML causing IExplorer to render pages wrong.
[/list]
I'm sure there are a few more changed not listed but we will leave it for you to find.

Please check your accounts page for each account you have as we have added a new setting for showing your online status.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Please bare in mind that although we have tested all the features of the new site to the best of our ability there is a chance that you will find a bug or a typo.
So we ask if you could please post in the "Tech Support" forums under the "NET7 Website" Post and and all problems that you experience.
With all that said, I would like to thank the WebDev Team for the time and effort once again.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Enjoy ![/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[quote name='Shaddex']
Avatar Account Transfer service.
Game account limit raised from 3 to 9.
[/quote]

Those two features both need highlighting in neon lights, lol. Awesomeness.

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1333105183' post='56149']
Those two features both need highlighting in neon lights, lol. Awesomeness.
[/quote]

Neon light is spared for something else.... ;)

Avatar transfer service tab -- finding the order of the columns a little bizzare for two reasons.

Only programmers would number things starting with zero, lol.

And the layout is kinda illogical. I realize its laid out like the avatar screen.

I might have preferred the columns labelled from left to right slot 1, slot 2, slot 3 slot 4, slot 5. I just know I am going to have a whole world of pain trying to move a character from slot 3 on account A to slot 1 on account E. Remember to take away one, look at the column titles carefully ... it'll be like taking aim with an arrow, nudging it left, right, up, down.... fire!!

Woops I moved the character from slot 2 on A to slot 1 on E. I didn't mean that!

Wait 180 days to try again. Too bad. Noooooo!

It could be easier.

Edit: How about adding two buttons at the bottom:

[Ok] Click to commit a change after reviewing you've placed the character in the right place.
[Cancel] To rollback the character back to where it was. Edited by Lot

I see your point about the "Cancel" feature, but this would lead to possible exploits.

Once you move an avatar, you are bound by the 180 day rule.

Its very easy to use and I cant see there being any mistakes other than to exploit the system.

There is a cancel button before you move an avatar...

We are adding more info to the Confirm dialogue to avoid errors.

I guess a normal player has gotta try this out sooner or later, so I did just that.

I added 6 new game accounts and spread the 15 characters on the original 3 game accounts across the 9 accounts (only one character didn't need to move). I logged into the avatar screen of each account to check the characters were in their destination places and they were! Thumbs up!

The only tricky part was intending to move certain characters to slot 4 (your slot 3).

Please bear in mind what I've said above about the layout on the avatar transfer screen, it's not logical to present the columns as slot 2, slot 4, slot 3, slot 1, slot 0. Most people count from one not zero and would probably prefer it if the columns were simply just slot 1, slot 2, slot 3, slot 4, slot 5 from left to right.

I understand the Slot issues, but the portal display avatars in the same order they are shown on the character select screen even though you dont see the order ingame.

Just ignore the top slot bar :)

Ahh whatever, I am just glad to have the ability to transfer characters to different accounts.

If anyone thinks it makes more sense to re-arrange the column order and number them 1-5 feel free to +1 this post.

I think it's a great improvement, and I am glad the original, rather quirky char layout has been preserved, no offense Lot!

One thing I am being stupid about is how to link my 3 accounts...I think I am missing the obvious but humour an old man please and point me in the right direction? Hmmm?
Thanks! :) Edited by saxxan

Due to loads of users requesting account linking, we will be adding a feature to the portal over the next day or so.
Please bare with us while we code it up.

Is it just me or is the signature update not working at the moment? I have tried on three different computers on two different connections (ISP's), with three different browsers each.

Thank you. BTW, semi off topic to the site updates, but with the subject of signatures what is the question mark area of the big sigs intended for anyway? Edited by Bloody Riz

My avatar stopped working correctly. The animation made him walk but does not work now. I tried replacing it manytimes but still not working. It works on anyo other webisite I try but here.

[quote name='Canman' timestamp='1333333568' post='56315']
My avatar stopped working correctly. The animation made him walk but does not work now. I tried replacing it manytimes but still not working. It works on anyo other webisite I try but here.
[/quote]

Im not sure what you are referring to. Can you be a little more clear ?

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1333361795' post='56319']
Im not sure what you are referring to. Can you be a little more clear ?
[/quote]

sorry. The little avatar of the yellow can-man . It was animated and would walk but for some reason after the sever move it stopped and no matter what I do I can not ge it to work on this website now. I think it has something to do with the crop on the picture but I can not fix it.

Canman, reupload your avatar - i think that the avatar folder wasnt transfered in "binary mode" so your GIF might have been scrambled.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1333444567' post='56362']
Canman, reupload your avatar - i think that the avatar folder wasnt transfered in "binary mode" so your GIF might have been scrambled.
[/quote]

I have done that many times.