Small Screen

I just loaded E&B on my new computer which have window 7. The game work fine but my game screen is very small, which appear on the left side of my screen; how do I get a full screen? Do I have the wrong video setting on my computer and how can I fix it? your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you have it in windowed mode at possibly 800X600 to me. Try running the E&B config again and turning windowed mode off. Might do the trick.

I am having the exact same problem, and ensuring that the "windowed mode" box is unchecked does NOT resolve the issue. To be honest I would not even give a crap and run it in windowed mode, but I am also unable to enlarge the game screen in any way. I should probably point out I am using Win 7 Professional 64. I used to play E&B back in the Westwood/EA days on a WinXP machine and had no problems like this.

I haven't seen it in this thread, but I see no mention of doing your functions as Administrator. That is a MUST for all operations pertaining to E & B when using Vista or Win7, preferably starting with your install.

I am not saying you need to do a re-install as Administrator, but all the other stuff, I would

[quote name='ZillaPrime' timestamp='1332513714' post='55875']
Problem fixed. Got to play the game for the first time in almost 9 years!
[/quote]

It would be nice to know for others what you did, there are a few things that will cause this issue.

[size=5][color=#B22222][b]You must run the config-tool in admin mode under Windows 7.[/b][/color][/size]

Stating in fat red letters because i see this question popping up on a regulary base. :yes:

[size=3][i]For the technicals:[/i][/size]
[size=3][i]Its writing to a section in the registry not allowed to non-admin user.[/i][/size]

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone running operating windows7 having issue with small screen read this Tech Support page..."Announcement: READ FIRST: Technical Support FAQ and Common Fixes" Follow the instructions and your issue will be solved :-)