What Were The Reasons To Get Green Faction With Red Dragon's?

I remember that back in the old days it was very populair to gain as much faction with the RD as possible?

One thing i remember is for the main base of them where you could just skip the turrets and get straight on the base itself to get good loot, what else were the reasons?

That's just about all i remember about this faction..

Cheers!

Being green with the RD also allowed access to Blackbeard's Wake. This is a good shortcut for those classes that don't have the wormhole skill. There is also the Controller Raid which drops some things that cannot be obtained elsewhere, as well as some orefields for us explorers. There were also some items sold at the vendor in Queen Anne's Revenge that aren't available at other vendors. Minimum faction required to enter BBW in Live was +2000.

In emulator, the faction requirement to enter BBW or Paramis is -1999 or better.

I remember those who had good rd faction would log out just before the base was destroyed so the players kept their faction, we logged back in and then when every one was sorted we allowed those who won the auctions to collect the loot (Peggy Server)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Statyomota' timestamp='1333142852' post='56198']
Also faction was directly linked to builds.
[/quote]
Nope.
Never instituted, was planned for future, was never implimented before sunset, of course it was RUMORED to be in as a sneak nerf when someone failed on a build they felt they shouldn't............ :)

How could you tell that it wasn't a sneak nerf? N7 station yellow, Glenn commision yellow didn't effect build quality on F7....

If you were refering to COST of builds, yes they did put that in late game, terminal cost reduced/increased to level of friend/nonfriend of station faction, never exceeding of course negotiations reduction, and parts vendor costs were static except to negotiation.

They added the cost thing late live to offset high end builds for other than TT players penalty, especially for class/race restrict items, a PW could build a Archos PL at the terminal (excluding parts vendor costs) of a progen station for just a few thousand credits more than a TT could, unless a TT was green with progen. Edited by Mattsacre

[quote name='Red' timestamp='1333153547' post='56221']
My TT has bad fraction with RD (havent killed any of them) yet my JE and PW have green?
[/quote]

Starting factions are determined by class. AFAIK everyone starts with bad RD faction but it varies by race/class. Have you done RD jobs on either your JE or PW, or killed Chavez? Those things will raise your RD faction.

Starting a toon with green RD faction is simply a bug.

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1333143385' post='56201']
Nope.
Never instituted, was planned for future, was never implimented before sunset, of course it was RUMORED to be in as a sneak nerf when someone failed on a build they felt they shouldn't............ :)
[/quote]

I remember terminals reading higher build chances when good standing/faction.
Rumour?

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1333193445' post='56244']
Starting a toon with green RD faction is simply a bug.

I remember terminals reading higher build chances when good standing/faction.
Rumour?
[/quote]

Build chances were dependant on recipe list, like now. If you have a lot of recipes you have better chances of high quality builds, that was in live also.

What was effected by faction in respect to stations: Build/Dismantle/Refine terminal costs, tow costs, npc interaction, and if bad enough unable to dock (red).
There was a slim window after a station went red to you that you could still dock, but after you ran it red a bit more you were denighed entry, same with gate turrets.

They were working towards the factions effecting more in stations etc. but sunset nixed that. One of the bugs they hadn't worked out was N7 factioning, they put all those "reporter" missions to both give player/reporters access to the Galactic News terminals, and to faction up with N7. The bug they gave up on was N7 remaining yellow for folks despite them having green rep with it.

Every class should start same negative with RD, but some classes start higher with other factions other than their class/race, for example PW start higher faction with bogrial and TE start with lower than everyone else. Edited by Mattsacre

• 3 years later...

Being green with the RD also allowed access to Blackbeard's Wake. This is a good shortcut for those classes that don't have the wormhole skill. There is also the Controller Raid which drops some things that cannot be obtained elsewhere, as well as some orefields for us explorers. There were also some items sold at the vendor in Queen Anne's Revenge that aren't available at other vendors. Minimum faction required to enter BBW in Live was +2000.

In emulator, the faction requirement to enter BBW or Paramis is -1999 or better.

Umm... Apologies for asking such an obviously naive question (and for resurrecting an old thread), but...

Is it still the case that BBW/Paramis access only require -1999 or better RD faction..?

'Cos I've a couple of my crew whose faction is better than -1999 (and everything RD is yellow to them), but still no "Gate" icon appears to gate through to BBW.

Is there another step required to get a BBW passport..?

Thanks in advance.

Umm... Apologies for asking such an obviously naive question (and for resurrecting an old thread), but...

Is it still the case that BBW/Paramis access only require -1999 or better RD faction..?

'Cos I've a couple of my crew whose faction is better than -1999 (and everything RD is yellow to them), but still no "Gate" icon appears to gate through to BBW.

Is there another step required to get a BBW passport..?

Thanks in advance.

The faction requirement was -1999 (neutral) at the time the post was originally written, since then it's been raised to +2000 (green).  I think that the raise came at the end of the stress tests/beta beginning of Live.

Phew! Thanks for the response Terrell... Glad I wasn't missing any steps!

Little more Chavez-Genocide and my Gang will soon be staking its turf out in BBW..!