Summary Of Changes? Update Notes?

Hi all, I've come back after about 6-12 months away from the emulator. I just wondered if there was a way to see what changes had taken place?

I've been through the NET7 news section but nothing seems to be in the vein of "update X - notes". I'm guessing changes are usually in the launcher?

Otherwise, any major things of note in the last 6 months or so?

Doesn't look like news/updates has an archive anywhere so only seeing a couple of months back? Unless I'm missing it.

An early question - was it always true that every class has a level 9 weapon skill (the planner is reflecting this)? Because I seem to recall vanilla only the 'combat' classes did.

[quote name='clavius' timestamp='1332062239' post='55664']
Doesn't look like news/updates has an archive anywhere so only seeing a couple of months back? Unless I'm missing it.

An early question - was it always true that every class has a level 9 weapon skill (the planner is reflecting this)? Because I seem to recall vanilla only the 'combat' classes did.
[/quote]

Every class has one L9 weapon and at least 1 L8 weapon. Which weapons you get is determined by race. If you're a Terran your racial weapon is Missiles, your secondary weapon is beams, and the TW gets all 3 weapon types. If you're Progen, you get Projectiles as your racial weapon, and the other 2 weapons to L8 (ML secondary, Beams Tertiary). If you're Jenquai you get Beams as your racial weapon, Projectiles to L8, and if you're a JW you also get L8 Missiles.

The races all level their primary weapon the fastest, their secondary weapon after that, and their tertiary weapon levels the slowest, though for the Terrans & Jenquai only their warriors get a tertiary weapon. It's advised to level your racial weapon to max, and ignore secondary/tertiary weapons until after L150.

net-7.org has the most complete data, i'm not sure how far back the launcher itself scans I only image about 6-8 months most but I've never used it to look back to antiquity.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1332082977' post='55671']
Every class has one L9 weapon and at least 1 L8 weapon.
[/quote]

Has it always been that all classes get a level 9 weapon skill? For some reason I thought I remembered in live that, for instance, the JE only got beam 8 and you had to be a JD for beam 9?

Perhaps I am confusing it with weapon bays or something.

[quote name='clavius' timestamp='1332094308' post='55689']
Has it always been that all classes get a level 9 weapon skill? For some reason I thought I remembered in live that, for instance, the JE only got beam 8 and you had to be a JD for beam 9?

Perhaps I am confusing it with weapon bays or something.
[/quote]

You're probably confusing it with weapon's slots, since those vary by class/race combo. Generally for each race the warrior gets +1 Weapon, -1 Device as compared to the trader from the same race, and +2 weapons, -2 Devices when compared to the explorer of the same race. The Progen race also gets +1 Weapon, -1 device compared to the same profession from the other races. The Terran Scout (Terran Explorer) is the exception to this, as the EMU devs traded one device slot for another weapon slot with this class, as they felt it was too weak, with the original 3 weapons, 6 devices listed for the class in the design documents.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1332098394' post='55692']
You're probably confusing it with weapon's slots, since those vary by class/race combo. Generally for each race the warrior gets +1 Weapon, -1 Device as compared to the trader from the same race, and +2 weapons, -2 Devices when compared to the explorer of the same race. The Progen race also gets +1 Weapon, -1 device compared to the same profession from the other races. The Terran Scout (Terran Explorer) is the exception to this, as the EMU devs traded one device slot for another weapon slot with this class, as they felt it was too weak, with the original 3 weapons, 6 devices listed for the class in the design documents.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I think I know where I got confused now. It's actually shield tech I was thinking about as I notice my JE only gets level 8. Although I notice my TT gets level 9. Do all traders get shield 9 and all explorers only 8?

Do all explorers end up with 4 weapons bays then? Or 3 for JE and PS and then 4 for TS? Edited by clavius

[quote name='clavius' timestamp='1332144576' post='55716']
Thanks for the reply. I think I know where I got confused now. It's actually shield tech I was thinking about as I notice my JE only gets level 8. Although I notice my TT gets level 9. Do all traders get shield 9 and all explorers only 8?

Do all explorers end up with 4 weapons bays then? Or 3 for JE and PS and then 4 for TS?
[/quote]

All Progen get L9 shields, the TT and TW also get L9 shields. The Terran Scout as well as all Jenquai only get L8 shields.

Every class has give and take, the shield tech thing is one of them, progen have to stay close to mobs to fight and can't hide with cloak like jenquia, nor often have the faster engines terans have, thus as a race progens have gone the bigger shield, larger hull route. Jenny's went stealth is better and less hull/shield, thye have better escape mechanics as well. Terrans took the let them see me with a neon sign but never get in range to shoot back route.

Warriors are just that..so more fire power quicker kill, traders slower kill but shields up longer, explorers buffs/debuffs.

As others said all races had a L9 tier weap and then a alt L8 with warriors having 2 alt L8 that was in live as well as now. The explorers were the scouters and thus had less hull/shield then thier racial counter parts and also less weaps.

Since the "lost" classes are now, in there was just some scetching of them in Docs the devs had to approximate what was intended, thus the TS has 4 slots not 3 like JE and L8 shields etc.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Since the "lost" classes are now, in there was just some scetching of them in Docs the devs had to approximate what was intended, thus the TS has 4 slots not 3 like JE and L8 shields etc. "[/font][/color]

Matt, for what it's worth this is not correct. The original doc specifies three weapons for the Scout, and I may just change it to that before all is said and done as we balance things.