Increase user upload quota on forums (screenshots, etc)

How about a quota that rises with the user level? Noobs get 500K, users get 2-4MB, advanced users get 10MB or so, and correspondingly higher amounts when higher ranks are achieved?

Also, if a post's attachment is made available in the download section, the user should get that item's file size credited back, so they can contribute more useful material directly to the website. That way, our information won't be locked up forever. Also, if we want to update something, it would be good if we could remove the item [freeing up allowance] and post something different.

One way to keep the storage capacity of the website manageable would be to have an *UPLOAD SECTION*. Each user would still have a limit, but when their uploads were reviewed, they would either be deleted or accepted & moved to the appropriate section. Either way, the size of the upload would be credited back to the person's account (hopefully, automatically). The web admins could even award points based on how good (positive points) or bad (negative points) the upload was. If your account reaches a certain negative threshold, you won't be able to upload. However, information that's merely a duplication of that found elsewhere here (but on-topic), should be given 0 to 1 point. Don't penalize folks for sending something they think is useful.

Sorry for rambling a bit, but I'm not quite with it at the moment.

Or . . . just upload to your own site and post link here.

Some people dont have there own sites, if they do may not have the knowledge how to do this :P

I have noticed the upload limits are quite small..

Same for me, and i will be posting LOTS of screen shots - lol

Some people dont have there own sites, if they do may not have the knowledge how to do this :)

I have noticed the upload limits are quite small..

Same for me, and i will be posting LOTS of screen shots - lol

I meant like Photobucket, Flickr, etc. - though the point about people not knowing how is valid.

I do think, for the purpose of allowing people to upload EnB screenshots if nothing else, that the default probably needs to be nudged up a tad as it is less than the size of any screenshots I've taken (seem to be about 550K, don't know how system-dependent that value may be).

The problem is that the upload cap is TOTAL uploads, i.e. I can't upload a new screenshot until I find and delete the last one I uploaded. That's silly.

Oh, really? Was not aware of that. Agree it's silly if the intent is to have the community upload anything.