[Pp Weapons Stage I] Possible Bug?

[b]Telum seems to advance the talk tree in PP weapons stage one without an Effervo L5 or ammo in cargo.[/b]

The problem with this is that the PP doesn't appear to get credit for obtaining an Effervo L5 from another researcher although Telum's script advances. It appears to curtail weapons stage one. Without the Effervo and ammo in cargo I expected the usual speech from Telum about joining the research.

Normally, with the Effervo L5 and ammo in cargo I would expect Telum to take the PL and ammo.

I tried this after testing Telum's talk tree without the items in cargo and no joy.

No joy because Telum was already bugged at this point.

Now, I thought after reading the forums posts here especially the multi-page post that perhaps Telum wanted to see a SOOA in cargo. I progressed my PP to OL100 and did shields research and tried a SOOA based on this possibility but no joy either.

[b]It was at this point that I knew that Telum had bugged out earlier on.[/b]

Recipes didn't get: L5 Multiforus Multiplico Effervo Quinque (MMEQ) PL, Stage II Invite - Weapons

And of course my PP hasn't been given an auto-invite into stage two/three. Which is a problem now because the character is OL107 after wanting to test a SOOA gained from shield research.

NB. Did get the recipe for L2 Calthius Omega Beam but that seemed to come from either stage two shields or reactor research, either of the NPCs sent me over to see Telum for the recipe.

[b]So Byakhee and other researchers please can you aknowledge this bug?[/b]

I'd like a bit of help here to get my PP, Yogabilly, done with stage one weapons and into stage two/three. Invite into stage two is not an acceptable option as this prevents me from doing stage three. Countless hours spent levelling this character would be for nothing without a little help here, if this was a bug.

I had the exact same issue on my PP. She got a symbol of Loyalty but that's as far as it went. I tried talking to Telum with the Effervo Quinque and the ammo for it, but all I get is a talk tree about advancing to Stage 2 through an invite which is totally unhelpful. After spending hours talking to Blacklung, Magoo, and Rack trying to figure out what the next step should be, I gave up on the whole thing.

There may be a disconnect becuase of language between you and the GMs.
In the agrippa tech missions:
Stage I is PP only, it's component only.
That is were agrippa all started from, making the comps to build later stages of gear, the PS/PW portions of the agrippa don't start as early as the PP parts (HU50), were they make the comps.

Stage II,III the PS/PW have their own contributions as does the PP.

When refering to stage I envolving PP, that is it..the comp part, when some folks refer to the weap/shield/reactor portions of agrippa tech and PP they say stage I when it is actually stage II, the Devs in their attempts to help get confused (since the whole mess is so convoluted).

When you have them helping you be sure to refer to the correct stages, this will help them untangle the spagetti mess.

Are you sure you were doing the weapon mission?

Progen Token Bonus: Fast and Dangerous [AT_Version 2.0.WP] requires:

Give a Security Optimal Override Alpha to Architecti Telum so you may obtain the final blueprint for Stage 1 of Agrippa Technology, Build Weapons.

================================

From your description you were doing another mission:
Progen Token Bonus: Effervo Ammunition [AT_Version 1.0.WP]

requiring:

Show a Multiforus Multiplico Effervo Quinque, which has been designed as part of Stage 1 Agrippa Technology by Privateers and Warriors to Architecti Telum

So you just have to have the item and speak to Telum

which gives you the ammunition blueprint for the Effervo Flachette, a symbol of loyalty and some Collegia faction. You may not be aware you have had the reward though as these dont by default go *dink*

=========

I know as a PP you were not doing

Progen Token Bonus: Advanced Effervo Ammunition [AT_Version 1.0.W]

as this is only available to Warriors.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1331107389' post='55068']
You need to specify the mission name first.
[/quote]

Sorry, didn't write the mission name down -- but here's some more information that might help?

Privateer weapons stage one beginning @ OL50 or HU50. It gives these recipes:

Weapons - L2 Calthius Omega Beam, [u]L5 Multiforus Multiplico Effervo Quinque (MMEQ) PL, Stage II Invite - Weapons[/u]
Ammo - L2 Blowgun Toxicum Dart, L5 Effervo Flechette

My privateer got the recipes above that are not underlined - the omega beam recipe came from somewhere else though, while researching either shields or reactors much later.

Telum asked my privateer to acquire a L5 MMEQ PL from another weapons researcher. Did that, went to speak to her again. Normally what I do when speaking to an Agrippa NPC like Telum, is not have the items in cargo for the first talk. Expecting the welcome speech nothing else. That's what normally happens. Except this time, Telum mentioned something about Gratis Augustus Var then the talk ended. I moved the MMEQ to cargo from vault and tried speaking to her again but got the welcome speech.

I was expecting Telum to look at the MMEQ and take it from my cargo.

Instead she talked about Var, which seemed like the end of stage one talk where she gives the researcher the final recipes like the stage two invite, symbol of loyalty? and the card used in the invite recipe (expert creator of weapons?). Didn't get any of those items.

I hope that information enables you to decide which mission this was that seemed to bug out for me.

Do you think a GM would help me try to recreate this bug by setting levels on my character and letting me do stage one weapons again? I would be happy to take notes and screenshots, whatever is needed. I have not yet spoken to any GM.

Ahh, Byakhee updated his reply after I posted! It's a much better reply than that one liner!

Actually, I think I will just go for plan B and re-roll my privateer and try to break the mission again on purpose.

I am curious anyway to see what new changes were introduced with this content update.

Ammunition research does not grant the chance to create an invite.
This is the 50-75 tree (and will see you advance up to Build Skill (5) but rarely beyond *)
Build x level 3 required
* until elite ammunition **
** if ever comes in

The Launcher is and main systems give invites
This is the 100-135 tree
Build x level 5 required
At the end of Stage I you need to have level 5 build skills in the relative skill, regardless of what level you entered via the token,

{I say this, as the ammunition enters at Build Weapons (3) and also the components at Build Components (3)

Privateer Yogabilly [b][u]v2.0[/u][/b] reporting in... C13 E12 T26 = OL51 (build weapons L5, projectile weapon L3).

I am on weapons stage one (again) and gotten a symbol of loyalty. I am confused because it's not clear what to do next -- what am I missing this time? The only recipes I've gotten so far are from ammunition research: blowgun toxicum dart and effervo flechette.

No recipe for the L2 beam.
No recipe for the L5 projectile.
No recipe for the stage two invite.
No expert creator of weapons card to use in the invite recipe.

Warriors get a clue to go see Var to continue their research but privateers get no clue. I noticed the new talk trees for the Nostrand Vor NPCs that describe the stages but for a privateer, there isn't much information on what to do next except wait for 100-135 which can't be right. If I don't complete the remainder of stage one before 75 I think I am gonna be either rolling Yogabilly again or raising the middle digit!

[b]What am I supposed to do next?[/b]

Am I supposed to do shields research and extract a SOOA and show it to Telum @ 100? This is what I tried to do before but Telum would not speak to me and it caused me to re-roll Yogabilly and start again. I would appreciate confirmation please that this is the next step before I level any further.

[quote="Byakhee"]Progen Token Bonus: Fast and Dangerous [AT_Version 2.0.WP] requires:

Give a Security Optimal Override Alpha to Architecti Telum so you may obtain the final blueprint for Stage 1 of Agrippa Technology, Build Weapons.[/quote]

You need to have a level 100 hull and build weapons 5 and do the Token Mission given by Architecti Telum then to do the launcher line. What you have done at the level 50 hull is to do the ammunition.

Separate mission trees

Stage I Structure:
@ 50: 3 Token missions (2 for PP - Ammo + Components, 2 for PW both ammo)

@100: 4 Token missions (2 for PS - Device, Shield; 3 for PP - Reactor, Shield, Weapon_Launchers; 1 for PW - Weapon_Launcher)

A total of 7 mission trees for Stage I Agrippa Technology.

You have done one of the ammunition lines only.

You need to spend another token @ level 100 hull upgrade and Build weapons @ 5 at Telum to start the other line.

50 • Ammo •• leads to Flechette Ammo
50 • Ammo •• leads to Advanced Flechette Ammo
50 • Components •• leads to Hull Mesh Laminate component
100 • Device •• leads to required device, and stage II invite - devices
100 • Reactor •• fastly leads to Stage II invite - reactors
100 • Shield •• leads to stage II invite - shields
100 • Weapon •• leads to projectile launchers and stage II invite - weapons

[quote="BYakhee"]You need to spend another token @ level 100 hull upgrade and Build weapons @ 5 at Telum to start the other line.[/quote]

Ahhhhh! So I need to spend another token @ 100 to finish stage one weapons research!

Thanks for the clarification, Byakhee.

I don't know if I was being dim, didn't see it because it was obvious, or had my expectations set up to expect stage one completed between 50-74 and stages two + three completed between 100-134. Ah well, learn and carry on.

For your information and others

Progen Warriors:
In Arx Magister there is a NPC called Centuriata Nota
She has basic information on what is required for all Token missions relating to warriors.
Her mission also will show what you can currently do.

Progen Privateers
See Collegia Nota

Progen Sentinels
See Sabine Nota

These NPCs came in about over a year ago to help those with Token missions, you may have missed them out and not explored starbases you thought you knew who was in.

[quote name='Yogabilly' timestamp='1331467281' post='55316']
Ahhhhh! So I need to spend another token @ 100 to finish stage one weapons research!

[/quote]

Actually, spending the token @ 100 on this mission will Start Stage I weapon research into the Projectile Launcher.
The token missions do not require other token missions, but with Agrippa Technology the items you create are required by other Agrippa tree lines, as you are aware.

One character class will be unable to complete Stage I on their own without the involvement of the other Progen classes.

Agrippa Technology also favors multi-build skill characters.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1331498170' post='55340']
One character class will be unable to complete Stage I on their own without the involvement of the other Progen classes.
[/quote]

And it will (sometimes) require help from those that have already completed the mission you are on, which poses the question: How did the first person complete the mission if there was no one who had completed the mission to help THEM? There is no good answer. If this was Real Life the mission could not be completed (Catch-22), but luckily this is a game, so the answer is Dev/GM mission bump <_< :lol:

No.

All can be completed, but as with all things you have to start with the little things (components) and work towards other lines. It is a multi-class system, of pass the parcel

If no one did the component missions then it could not be completed.

It does not need DEV/GM interraction.

All it needs is player interraction.

As stated earlier countless times, if you can't work with others towards a common goal then Agrippa Technology is not for you. There are plenty other missions that cater for the solo element.

Yes.

Please re-read my post, word for word, sentence by sentence.

I know you wrote the missions, but, with help from others I have done all of the build missions for the PP, PW and PS, all stages, that are currently implmented. I am not a whiner, I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

[quote name='TooTall' timestamp='1331549201' post='55366']
And it will (sometimes) require help from those that have already completed the mission you are on,
[b][color=#ff0000]Yes it will, you often need things you cannot possibly build (yet) to be built by another who has done the mission already, and give it to you There is NO way around it.[/color][/b]

which poses the question:
[color=#ff0000][b]Here comes the theoretical part, get out of reality, get into the realm of possibility......[/b][/color]

How did the[color=#ff0000] first person[/color] complete the mission if there was no one who had completed the mission to help THEM? There is no good answer. If this was Real Life the mission could not be completed (Catch-22), but luckily this is a game, so the answer is Dev/GM mission bump <_< :lol:

[color=#ff0000][b]The VERY FIRST player that went thru the missions, as they are written now, MUST have had help from someone who can create, in some way, the item they need, or advance the mission. That person was a DEV/GM. There is no way around it.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

I NEVER said that the Missions NOW require DEV/GM interaction. They do not. I did need a little direction and clarification because the mission giver would not tell me why they would not give it to me. You have addressed this issue and made the NPC's a bit more user friendly, thank you.

If I am in error, please correct what I wrote. Not what you[color=#ff0000][b] think[/b][/color] I wrote. Edited by TooTall

Re: TooTall
Crossed wires thats all.
My replies tend to be global replies, not just to one person (sorry).

Re: Everyone (Information)
One player character cannot complete the mission on their own (as intended).

However, it was attempted by a few regular ones that I suspected put guild efforts into it. The definate minimum for Stage I is 2 Progen classes. Then again, historically, Components for The Collegia was implemented first, and because components are the building block of all Agrippa research, there was a foundation for others to follow.

Pity the beta testers for the original mission creation though.