Warning To Users Of Norton Anti-Virus

With this update, my Norton saw the Net-7.exe proxy as a threat and removed it! Now I have to do a full reinstall. If you have Norton 360 and have SONAR advanced protection turned on, you might want to change that setting or specify Net-7 as a good address. Anyone else have a problem with this?

[quote name='Vitaes' timestamp='1330808224' post='54793']
With this update, my Norton saw the Net-7.exe proxy as a threat and removed it! Now I have to do a full reinstall. If you have Norton 360 and have SONAR advanced protection turned on, you might want to change that setting or specify Net-7 as a good address. Anyone else have a problem with this?
[/quote]

don't use norton ...not sure if it is this way but in the past i am suspect of any program that is such a pain to remove as norton was..or still is.....i use Avast! free edition (2nd most popular download on downloads.com) works fine ...just a swipe at norton and a plug for avast!

my 2c worth

Searing

Norton is a little overzealous Vitaes. It is recognizing this unsigned (relatively small exe) as a potential threat, that's all. But like the other guy said above, you should be able to restore it from a Virus chest unless you set it up to delete anything it finds instantly.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1330832784' post='54821']
Norton is a little overzealous Vitaes. It is recognizing this unsigned (relatively small exe) as a potential threat, that's all. But like the other guy said above, you should be able to restore it from a Virus chest unless you set it up to delete anything it finds instantly.
[/quote]

I was able to restore the file. I thought I had it set up to nuke everything coming in.