Agrippa Stage Questions

Q: Are you a Jenquai or Terran
A: You can never do Stage I or Stage III

Q: Why?
A: Stage II is a requirement for master builders of other races to prove that they can offer some service to the mighty Progen Race. Even though these lesser species have weaknesses in their biomatrix and genetic material, the Progen are taking pity on them, in a way, just to see if by some act of genetics something is known (possibly inherant) and then can be understood

Q: What do I need as a non-Progen
A: Screen-shots, Stage II invite from a Progen who has done Stage I, Patience, Maximum skill in a required build,

Q: Why no engine Stage II?
A: Primarily Progen

Q: Why do Progen Warriors get able to build all the ammo and I'm limited
A: Gratis Augustus Var decreed it. He has subsidised the Privateers and wants something for the Progen Warriors in return

Q: Am I guaranteed to analyze a Stage II examination
A: No. Failure for a non-progen will require getting another invite.

Q: How easy are these Stage II invites to obtain
A: Very hard. Each Progen of the required build line that has done Stage I only gets the chance to make one per Stage completed.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1330422242' post='54481']
Q: Are you a Jenquai or Terran
A: You can never do Stage I or Stage III
[/quote]

I asked for my Progen Warrior

Q: Why?
[/quote]

Becuase I wasn't told/sure if/when I was done, or that it was even "Stage One"

Q: What do I need as a non-Progen
[/quote]

Again, I asked for my Progens

Q: Why no engine Stage II?
[/quote]

Not relevant for Progen Warriors

Q: Why do Progen Warriors get able to build all the ammo and I'm limited
[/quote]

skipping, since I'm asking for my Progen Warrior

[b]Quote Byakhee:[/b]
[b]Q: Am I guaranteed to analyze a Stage II examination
A: No. Failure for a non-progen will require getting another invite.[/b]
[b]/quote[/b]

Speaking of, what IS required for a PW to be able to get a new exam weapon to analyze. Can we clarify this?

[size=5][sup]You didn't specify Progen Warrior in your question[/sup]

[sup]All Stage II require your build skill to be at maximum, is put all 7 levels into it[/sup][/size]
[size=5][sup]As a PW entry:[/sup][/size]

[size=5][sup]Build Weapons - 7[/sup][/size]
[size=5][sup]Collegia Faction - 2000[/sup][/size]

[size=5][sup]+ 1 (or more of the following)[/sup][/size]
[size=5][sup]Completed Stage I - Weapons (Token mission unlocks this, if you have not done any Token missions then you have not done Stage I). Can also create a Stage II Invite - Weapons for others to use.[/sup][/size]

[size=5][sup]Symbol of Loyalty (use once to gain one examination)[/sup][/size]

[size=5][sup]Stage II Invite - Weapons (use once to gain one examination)[/sup][/size]

[size=5][sup].[/sup][/size]

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1330897501' post='54908']
[size=5][sup]You didn't specify Progen Warrior in your question[/sup]

[sup]All Stage II require your build skill to be at maximum, is put all 7 levels into it[/sup][/size]
[size=5][sup]As a PW entry:[/sup][/size]

[size=5][sup]Build Weapons - 7[/sup][/size]
[size=5][sup]Collegia Faction - 2000[/sup][/size]

[size=5][sup]+ 1 (or more of the following)[/sup][/size]
[size=5][sup]Completed Stage I - Weapons (Token mission unlocks this, if you have not done any Token missions then you have not done Stage I). Can also create a Stage II Invite - Weapons for others to use.[/sup][/size]

[size=5][sup]Stage II Invite - Weapons (use once to gain one examination)[/sup][/size]

[size=5][sup].[/sup][/size]
[/quote]

Yes, but you also assumed I was non-Progen. I have max Build Weapons, and 11k+ Collegia faction. I did a token mission, but there are dozens of "Token Missions." Did I do it specifically for the Build Weapons, yes. But again, I was never told it was "Stage I." No, I cannot create a Stage II invite. So I can guarantee, somewhere along the line, I either did "Stage one," or it bugged. What is Stage one? What does it entail? What items should be built. What recipes do you get?

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1330897501' post='54908']
[/quote]

Okay, let's extract some meaning out of this. Does that mean, every time I want to get a NEW examination weapon if I fail, I need a new Symbol of Loyalty? And if I DO fail, I have to wait until OL150 to finish a mission CHAIN to get a new Symbol of Loyalty? Edited by JenqDude

As part of Feb's patch the NPC shoudl be able to help you as to where you may be
** Stage I only.
-------

Stage II offers anyone a chance of taking part.
If you are Progen you get more of a chance
If you are Progen and have completed stage I, you are guaranteed to continue in the line(s) you did at Stage I

The requirements of level 7 in a build skill = late/end game content anyway.

-----

Entry other than Stage I is not guaranteed.
It is a lottery for all others.

-----

Stage I are Token missions for Agrippa Technology.
The key ones have to be done while you are either hull level 50 or hull level 100.
On reaching hull level 75 you can't do the 50, and on reaching hull level 135 you can't do the 100.

Stage II simply offers the chance to Stage I researchers that potentially more gear will be around for them if needed.
-----

Symbol of loyalty buys you 1 examination.
If you fail it then you need another Symbol of loyalty to get another examination or another means to get into the research.

Stage II invite (specified) gives anyone the chance to get an examination in a (specified) research.
If you fail the examination you need another invite (very rare) or another means to get into the research.

Completing Stage I (specified) means you can keep obtaining an examination in a (specified) line, until you pass.

All examinations cost 1 million credits also (to cover construction from their parts).

* (Specified)
- Devices
- Reactors
- Shields
- Weapons

Note, don't bother trying to use a Stage II Invite - Weapons to do Shields, it just will not work.

Agrippa Technology is hard and there for the best.
Its' the only way they can make sure.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1331339094' post='55250']
If you are Progen and have completed stage I, you are guaranteed to continue in the line(s) you did at Stage I

[b]The key ones have to be done while you are either hull level 50 or hull level 100.[/b]

Symbol of loyalty buys you [b]1 examination.
If you fail it then you need another Symbol of loyalty[/b] to get another examination or another means to get into the research.

Stage II invite (specified) gives anyone the chance to get an examination in a (specified) research.
If you fail the examination you need another invite (very rare) or another means to get into the research.

Completing Stage I (specified) means you can keep obtaining an examination in a (specified) line, until you pass.
[/quote]

Thanks for the Clarification....But, tbh, Symbols of Loyalty are hard to come by and iffy to get....Oh, well....tired of getting burned by these missions.

Symbol of loyalty AND stage II are rare, the stage II invites are build specific (shield,reactor, weapon and device research). The progen get the symbol and the stage II invites as a additional reward for complete the whole line of missions...so you think it sucks on the rarety?

Someone else progen had to go through all that migraine inducing content, to get those symbols/invites so that you can even have a CHANCE of perticipating half way through, if you are down on failing, look on the bright side, at least you didn't have to do all the painful footwork to get to that chance :)

Well, I have to admit this last patch to Agrippa has Clarified and fixed what my problem was. Apparently I needed to give Telum my Security Optimal Override Alpha to close out "Stage I" and would never have known that , otherwise (I don't remember Telum telling me she wants the thing beforehand). I stored mine in my Vault for later use. Now I got the map for the level 5 Flachette PL (it uses Flechette ammo, and I know the whole "There is no level 5 Flechette PL arguement...but if the shoe tosses Flechette ammo, then that's what it is!). --> Flachette/Flechette, same difference...Nearly the same and easily confused -->[url="http://www.net-7.org/index.php#Tabs_6295"]http://www.net-7.org/index.php#Tabs_6295[/url] Edited by JenqDude

Well this proves my new NPC interractive works

{ some GMs can now point Stage I researchers to the NPC and say, ask and see if that fixes it }

Incidentally.

PP can build Fl(a/e)chette Ammunition for it (but only if they did the PP/PW Hull 50 token mission that this content is unlocked by it)

PW get to do the more advanced ammunition also (Token mission)

-----

Now, I can work on putting in text based dynamic content to other missions and NPCs to head off "problems".

====

Just remember the component you get for making an invite is very very rare.
You will get one at Stage I, one at Stage II and one at Stage III, ... end.

I could have made it an item in its own right, but thought it would have been nice for the invite to have your name on it, and the only way that could have been done was to make it a (type) of item but also give it a mission component so there are finite invites available.

Another question, this time for Stage II...Is Architecti Telum [i]supposed[/i] to take the Items you need to make the level 7 Flechette Alpha? I mean, it's hard enough to come by a Stage II encryption (or is that an item that can me made in unlimited quantities?!) She took them and didn't give them back.

Edit: I asked around and found out Stage II Encryptions are non-manufactureable. That's a [i]HUGE[/i] flaw. As long as you're doing these missions to make some non-trade weapons which you can only make for yourself, it's a little much to HAVE to use TWO Stage II Encryptions for the initial level 7 PL, plus a new Stage II Encryption per new Flechette PL you want to make...It's not like you can buy a used PL and trade it between toons. You literally HAVE to do the missions IF you even want this PL. To be honest, I think it's reasonable enough for her to just check off that you brought her the components, and NOT consume them and not give them back. Again, Stage II Encryptions are not in unlimited quantites. All it does is invite greedy people who see this as being a rare component and in limited quantity to charge exhorbitant fees for it. Edited by JenqDude

Actually stage II are unlimited.......you just have to have a mass of PITA ores for a PP to make something that they trade in batches of 10 to a NPC to recieve the stage II encryptions (which are tagged non-manu becuase the NPC provides them not PMed)....all the later builds require them in the build process at some point. In another post from Bayhkee he mentioned that in the future they won't be a straight 10 items for 10 encript II's, that there will be a factional modifier that can get you less tha or more than 10 when you trade with the NPC. Edited by Mattsacre

Im going to PM you what you have to do so there isn't a spoiler. But to get a start, look up collegia research authorization MMXIC and hull mesh laminate L3 and security optimal override alpha L4.

Get your favorite PS that has done the L4 device portion of the agrippa tech, and follow the info I gave you in the PM. Edited by Mattsacre

The main aim is to prevent people circumventing the system too much and retro analyzing gear.

If you have to build an item then use it to swap to non-build items for further items, then if anyone retroes it they get back to the non-build component and cant go back to the component you spent time on missions to give to a non-agrippa researcher to analyze.

This ensures that the component researchers (in the case of the Stage III another type of researcher) still has chance to market their wares.

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1331527020' post='55348']
Actually stage II are unlimited.......[...]. Bayhkee he mentioned that in the future they won't be a straight 10 items for 10 encript II's, that there will be a factional modifier that can get you less tha or more than 10 when you trade with the NPC.
[/quote]

Yes.
The research is weighted towards Progens of course.
And Progens who are loyal to the Republic.

• 1 month later...
Also the Architecti Talk Trees are currently in development to respond with what you need to know.

Architecti Scuti is the 'test bed' one for these.
Once she has the talk tree fixed right then I'll be able to roll it across to the others (who currently may give some confusing response)
I'd rather get it working correctly on one.

Architecti Scuti should:

1. Give response to player characters who can't build shields to in effect "go away" so you don't have to wade through extra text.
2. Give response to player characters who can build shields as to where and what they can currently do (this is the complex part)
3. Give response to player characters who are eligible to do (2) where there is a hint to the faction(s) she despises.

Alteration to current talk tree

(3): Will no longers specify required Collegia Faction here so any adjustments to the specified Mission Faction do not conflict with a set NPC talk tree.

Planned Alterations:

Once Scuti Fixed:
- Inquiro to hold general information and hints to factions liked by the others
- The rest to hold information similar to above

• 1 month later...
So, a question I have in all this, what options are available to those few progens that are still around that leveled up before HU missions, agrippa technology, and mission tokens were available?

Are we to rely on "invites" from those that were able to complete them, scrap characters and reroll, or just not get them? Symbols of Loyalty were used (to obtain Brimstone Ballista, if i am remembering correctly) and it doesn't appear that there is any option for obtaining new ones for examinations.

Information on this would be helpful.

Capture the cargo mission (repeatable one) still gives out Symbol of Loyalty.

In fact most* 'generic' missions at the end of the token lines may* give out a symbol of loyalty.

My main concen at the moment is trying to make the NPCs more helpful for these convoluted missions. It is a rather tight cage of code I have to wrap these NPCs in, pleasantries have to be removed!

* but not all, and may/maynot depend on faction...

It would really be nice if there was a way for those of us that HU135 before we even knew about Agrippa to be able to somehow do the stage 1 questlines. I dont mind the concept of it being very difficult to go back and do, but the notion of completely wiping a maxed gear and level toon just to be able to pick up a questline seems a bit screwed up to me.

Example being, I came back to game about 6 months ago, on my 150PW, and found out about the flech omega. Awesome, had one made... decided I needed to learn to make my own ammo, got the invite to do stage 2, can make the beta and ammo, but my main toon will never be able to do stage 3 because I didnt even know this stuff existed a year or two ago when I was leveling up.

Like I said, make it hard as hell if you want, but there really needs to be a way for established old toons, especially mains made before agrippa was even in the system, to go back and do missions from the HU50 and 75 eras. It would make no sense to wipe Ryle out to get the build for flech omega, and lose everything else hes mapped and completed and have to do all of that over again.

I heard there was something snarky said like "if you want to do stage 1, reroll your toon" nothx, thats giving up a heck of a lot for a stage 1 mission from 2 years ago. Like I said, make it as convoluted and intensive as youd like, but having at least the chance to do it would be pretty dang nice. Especially for those of us like myself that didnt even know it existed at the time. Edited by Ryle

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1341199623' post='59986']
Capture the cargo mission (repeatable one) still gives out Symbol of Loyalty.

In fact most* 'generic' missions at the end of the token lines may* give out a symbol of loyalty.

My main concen at the moment is trying to make the NPCs more helpful for these convoluted missions. It is a rather tight cage of code I have to wrap these NPCs in, pleasantries have to be removed!

* but not all, and may/maynot depend on faction...
[/quote]

Var's got nothin for my pw, nor any othe npc that I can find. My pp picked up one from var, i think, bout the earth corps makos then bruisers.... i think that ends in capture the cargo. But there isn't a mission I can find for the PW. And, honeestly, Bayk, you know me well enought, I am fine with not being able to pick it up at this point, but there should be a recourse at some point for those that want to go back and do it. It can be ugly nasty and stupid long, but some recourse would be a good idea. Maybe limited to stage II or something.

Just my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah, thats' not the one.
Its the one at hull 100 "an escaped life form in lagarto"

At the moment im trying to create firebreaks not stamp out fires, but who knows when the forest will be sawn down anyway

'Capture the Cargo' (kill the lvl 66 in Lagarto) a mission given by Var on Tarsis does still give the SOL as a reward (used to give Ballista :) ) , i just repeated the mission yet again on a 150+ PW .

Do the mission tokens have any practical value or are they relics of past and left behind missions? According to the information on them, it would seem that they could be used to do the lower level missions that are now in place, but they don't do anything that I can tell.

I won't pretend to know how complicated the coding is, but it would seem that would be a good work-around for acquiring the Agrippa skills.

edit:
My PP did the component mission and has exchanged a number of encryption authorizations for Stage II encryption (have 24 i've traded to the NPC), but there is nothing more being offered by any NPC except the same trade in mission and the note on the trade in mission (step 4/7) says to forfeit it and refer to the actual mission that I am on. But, there is no other mission.

Despite max build skills in components, weapons, shields, and reactors, every other NPC refers me to Architecti Inquero for Stage II examination. Architecti Inquero gives me the same statement that she gives my PW about not meeting requirements. Yet, because of the the additional way to get into this via components, she ends the talk tree when I try to follow it. I am assuming it is because I have completed this and have (as noted above) crafted the encryption authorizations for Archetecti Compista.

I am stumped at this point. The entry via components is either so confusing that I have missed something or is not functioning. I have spent hours upon hours trying to locate items, obtain missions (var's) and still I have nothing to show for it on any of three progens except 24 Stage II authorizations and a repeatable mission that tells me to forfeit it half way thru and refer to some mission that I can not obtain or find. To say I am frustrated wouldn't be doing service to what I am experiencing.

Also Var has nothing for any of my Progens. Edited by Muhir